Who has more than one JKU? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-11-2012, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Who has more than one JKU?

So here is the deal, my girlfriends dad just bought her a new JKU Rubicon for her graduation present. After riding in it for the last month or so I realized how versatile they are compared to my lj. We have taken it to the lake, tailgated, camped and visited her grandparents 350 miles away. My Jeep will not and can not do this. Even my truck I use for towing and work (2nd gen cummins) would be limited with at least one of those things. After seeing this, I am starting to wonder if I should clean house and get one myself.

So the question I have is does anyone on the board have a his and her pair of jk unlimiteds. Mine would be lifted and used in the same way I use my lj and truck (daily driver to work and school, weekend trail rides to SMORR and other local trails, working in the yard, etc) since one of the rules with hers is that it is left stock for a LONG TIME. I'm sure we will get the "buy one get one" jokes but they are just too good of a vehicle to limit yourself to one. So am I crazy for thinking this is in some way a good idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Wheeler

JMHO. I have an 07 JKU 4 dr. Love it. It's my DD, haven't quite had it a year yet, and so far, the only mods are cosmetic stuff. Hubby has an 03 TJ, stock with only a winch, and we do the smaller trails in it, and he'd like to mod it with bigger tires etc, but still have it be his DD. I prefer the ride of my JKU, he prefers the ride of his TJ. He'd never buy a JKU for trailing or his DD, and I'd honestly never take my JKU on anything but the gentlest of trails, although I'd like to, I just couldn't handle the scratches and dents. As far as I'm concerned, we have the best of both Jeep worlds! It's all in what you figure you want outta your vehicle I guess.

The Hi-Tek RedNek. -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
07 Sahara 4 dr Unlimited. Stock (for now)
post #3 of 3 Old 09-11-2012, 06:38 PM
It never ends...

I have 3 JKUs and 1 Jk. Love em. We wheel all of them.

I love Wheeling, it frees the mind
T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Adventures of Rex Thread:

Last edited by LeftHandRubi; 09-11-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode