Magnuson-Moss lawyers - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 09-07-2012, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Magnuson-Moss lawyers

I've got a big problem on my hands. Everyone I've talked to has supported my claim that my situation should be covered by Chrysler. I don't want to go into details, simply because I've been in litigation before. Keep your mouth shut and let the professionals talk.
I am looking for any advice I can get on who I should contact for sound legal advice that has experience with this law. Preferably in the Southeast.

There are a few well known members here that know the details of this mess. I ask you please refrain from comment, as this is a public forum. (or PM me)

I would LOVE to give details. This thing doesn't match up with anything I've seen on any JK forum.

Thanks in advance to respondents.

2009 Red Rock Rubi-MetalCloak Gamechanger + armor-37"MTR/K on 17" Birddogs-Teraflex gusset+sleeve-Yukon 5.38-LineX tub-ORH top-Igees-Shrockworks stubby-Warn Powerplant w/Viking synth
Tuffy-Genright rear-River Raider full skid-Tattons-AEV slider-Advance adapters-Poly stuff everywhere-ZERO rockrawler!!!!!! shiiite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 09-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Slow and Low

Uh...
You're telling people [on a PUBLIC forum] that know about it to not say anything because it's a PUBLIC forum, and asking advice about an UNKNOWN law from people that don't have a clue what the fawk you're talking about?
Have another beer.
Shoot the hostage!
post #3 of 24 Old 09-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Hgtd

Jeep Sales/Adventure Jeep Packages/Parts
480-788-7245 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Perfomance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Customs Ripp Superchargers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 09-07-2012, 11:58 PM
JKO Addict!

^^^^ HaHa
post #5 of 24 Old 09-08-2012, 05:42 AM
Wheeler

Im with CO4 WT Fawk.
post #6 of 24 Old 09-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Granite Guru

You're doing it wrong

2012 JKU Altitude
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
post #7 of 24 Old 09-08-2012, 07:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAPJEEP View Post
I've got a big problem on my hands. Everyone I've talked to has supported my claim that my situation should be covered by Chrysler. I don't want to go into details, simply because I've been in litigation before. Keep your mouth shut and let the professionals talk.
I am looking for any advice I can get on who I should contact for sound legal advice that has experience with this law. Preferably in the Southeast.

There are a few well known members here that know the details of this mess. I ask you please refrain from comment, as this is a public forum. (or PM me)

I would LOVE to give details. This thing doesn't match up with anything I've seen on any JK forum.

Thanks in advance to respondents.
Look in your yellow pages under attorneys that specialize in contract law.

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #8 of 24 Old 09-08-2012, 08:06 AM
Granite Guru

Used to have to deal with this stuff on a semi regular basis with a couple local dealerships. Don't know any specific lawyers, but I used to have a Booklet with the complete law, and it outlined and explained it in laymen's terms. I cannot seem to find it currently or I'd give you more information. Sorry I'm of no real use, but good luck, it can be a bitch to deal with. The law does place the burden of proof to be on the dealer, to prove without a doubt your modification caused whatever issue you are having.

post #9 of 24 Old 09-08-2012, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Maybe I worded it wrong. Yup, did have a few beers.
Does any body know a firm that does this as a specialty? My googling is hurting.
No HGTD

2009 Red Rock Rubi-MetalCloak Gamechanger + armor-37"MTR/K on 17" Birddogs-Teraflex gusset+sleeve-Yukon 5.38-LineX tub-ORH top-Igees-Shrockworks stubby-Warn Powerplant w/Viking synth
Tuffy-Genright rear-River Raider full skid-Tattons-AEV slider-Advance adapters-Poly stuff everywhere-ZERO rockrawler!!!!!! shiiite
post #10 of 24 Old 09-08-2012, 10:34 AM
JKO Addict!

Look for a lawyer with lemon law experience, they would probably be the most versed in the 1974MM Act.

Sent from my chocolate starfish at the speed of smell

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #11 of 24 Old 09-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Wheeler

I can't help you with an attorney, but here's a bit of info on the Magnuson-Moss Act for those that have never heard of it. http://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2011/...ermarket-parts

2009 Rubicon Unlimited: A mix of Teraflex and Currie with a little Poly thrown in, on 36s.

Mo' Doors, Mo' Problems
post #12 of 24 Old 09-08-2012, 04:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Maybe I worded it wrong. Yup, did have a few beers.
Does any body know a firm that does this as a specialty? My googling is hurting.
No HGTD
Did you try the yellow pages? Or try to google Magnason-Moss act lawyers? It can't be that hard to find dude..

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #13 of 24 Old 09-08-2012, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I was trying to find anyone that had any actual experience or knew of a firm that specializes in these cases. Google will lead to every lawyer that claims to be an expert in everything. It occurred to me today that my question is probably going to go nowhere. Anyone that has gone through with it, has probably had to sign a nondisclosure agreement and can't respond anyway.
Ah well, back to the 90's. Gonna have to pick up the phone and call 20 people.

Not really sure why my question seemed to piss people off. I guess folk thinking I'm one of those lawsuit happy pricks that don't want to take responsibility for their problems. I just happen to be a guy that bought a $7k shit sandwich and would like his money back.

post #14 of 24 Old 09-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:

Not really sure why my question seemed to piss people off. I guess folk thinking I'm one of those lawsuit happy pricks that don't want to take responsibility for their problems. I just happen to be a guy that bought a $7k shit sandwich and would like his money back.
No one thinks that. We've all considered if/ when this law might apply to us. There are just going to be those that wanna play that part...devils advocate, the voice of reason, etc.

Usually it comes out a lot more negative than intended, except for those of us that aren't getting laid on a regular basis. Then the pile-on begins.

Never mind Co4lo- He's just an asshole all the time...even worse when he's seizing or talking to happy women!

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #15 of 24 Old 09-08-2012, 08:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Before I retired I ran customer service operations for a car manufacturer, including consumer affairs. WTF is the OP asking? If you want a lemon law attorney look in the yellow pages. But, before any of that just call Chrysler's customer call center and ask for some help. If you've already done that and they've told you to go screw yourself, ask for a supervisor. Check your State's lemon law, too.

BTW, there's no reason why you can't post your gripe here. That is, of course, unless you're running a scam.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #16 of 24 Old 09-08-2012, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
No one thinks that. We've all considered if/ when this law might apply to us. There are just going to be those that wanna play that part...devils advocate, the voice of reason, etc.

Usually it comes out a lot more negative than intended, except for those of us that aren't getting laid on a regular basis. Then the pile-on begins.

Never mind Co4lo- He's just an asshole all the time...even worse when he's seizing or talking to happy women!
Makes sense. I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Before I retired I ran customer service operations for a car manufacturer, including consumer affairs. WTF is the OP asking? If you want a lemon law attorney look in the yellow pages. But, before any of that just call Chrysler's customer call center and ask for some help. If you've already done that and they've told you to go screw yourself, ask for a supervisor. Check your State's lemon law, too.

BTW, there's no reason why you can't post your gripe here. That is, of course, unless you're running a scam.
I really don't know how to make this more clear.

Does any body know someone who specializes in this law?
I answered myself knowing whoever has been in this situation would have to sign a non disclosure agreement. Maybe I should have HGTD this.

Yellow pages? Call a lawyer in the YP and ask him if he can handle a case. He's going to say yes, regardless of experience. I want someone who knows what he's doing. At least know how to change his own oil.

Chrysler customer service. Yup, been contacted. More than once. Try it sometime. Runaround bullshit. It is policy that a consumer cannot speak or know name of regional reps. Their words.

Scam? What the fuck kind of scam starts with somebody asking if they know a lawyer that has dealt with this before? How can this be scam asking for a name?

Details. I am not a child. If I misspeak, and it's on this forum, it can be used against me. Ever see the Seinfeld when Kramer gets the balm? I'm not a lawyer, so I keep my mouth shut. I will reiterate that the people that I've talked to, including knowledgeable members of this forum, agree that this massive shitpile could not have been due to my mods.

I would really like to give the whole story but think it's a bad idea at this time. I will say I haven't seen a story like mine on this or any other jk forum. Huge fucking mess.

Have a good day and wish me luck, if you feel like it.

post #17 of 24 Old 09-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Rock God

LOL. im in for a scam if it involves getting free jeep mods

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

post #18 of 24 Old 09-09-2012, 03:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Makes sense. I appreciate it.

I really don't know how to make this more clear.

Does any body know someone who specializes in this law?
I answered myself knowing whoever has been in this situation would have to sign a non disclosure agreement. Maybe I should have HGTD this.

Yellow pages? Call a lawyer in the YP and ask him if he can handle a case. He's going to say yes, regardless of experience. I want someone who knows what he's doing. At least know how to change his own oil.

Chrysler customer service. Yup, been contacted. More than once. Try it sometime. Runaround bullshit. It is policy that a consumer cannot speak or know name of regional reps. Their words.

Scam? What the fuck kind of scam starts with somebody asking if they know a lawyer that has dealt with this before? How can this be scam asking for a name?

Details. I am not a child. If I misspeak, and it's on this forum, it can be used against me. Ever see the Seinfeld when Kramer gets the balm? I'm not a lawyer, so I keep my mouth shut. I will reiterate that the people that I've talked to, including knowledgeable members of this forum, agree that this massive shitpile could not have been due to my mods.

I would really like to give the whole story but think it's a bad idea at this time. I will say I haven't seen a story like mine on this or any other jk forum. Huge fucking mess.

Have a good day and wish me luck, if you feel like it.
Any attorney specializing in your State's consumer and/or lemon law can take your case, assuming you have one. You can also take advantage of the Better Business Bureau Autoline binding arbitration program if Chrysler participates in your State. Some States require you to go through BBB before filing a consumer case, but even if you lose a BBB arbitration you can still sue.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #19 of 24 Old 09-09-2012, 04:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

you only paid $7k for a JK? thats a good price.

the mag moss in a nut shell says that a dealer cannot say a aftermarket part caused damage unless they can prove it. like my throw out bearing starts squealing (under warranty) and the dealer says my 35's caused it and they wont fix it. now they need to prove my 35's caused it , not just say it.

if your money amount falls under small claims id go there, ive had bad luck being on the corp side of small claims even though it wasent our fault the 90 year old small claims judge didnt care, he saw it as one guy vs. a billion dollar corp.

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #20 of 24 Old 09-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Rock God

Contact SEMA. I bet they can put you in touch with the right person. http://www.sema.org/

Mike
'07 2 door soft top
post #21 of 24 Old 09-09-2012, 06:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
you only paid $7k for a JK? thats a good price.

the mag moss in a nut shell says that a dealer cannot say a aftermarket part caused damage unless they can prove it. like my throw out bearing starts squealing (under warranty) and the dealer says my 35's caused it and they wont fix it. now they need to prove my 35's caused it , not just say it.

if your money amount falls under small claims id go there, ive had bad luck being on the corp side of small claims even though it wasent our fault the 90 year old small claims judge didnt care, he saw it as one guy vs. a billion dollar corp.
This is correct. Chrysler is the worst about this and it's just a matter of time before the Feds come down on them for it. always photograph their display at Moab EJS. The factory rigs displayed are always highly modified. Let them explain it to the judge.

post #22 of 24 Old 09-10-2012, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thank you for the last few reply's. All help is appreciated.

I would like to reiterate that I'm not some sue-happy clown looking for millions. I've been sued before, lost. Had to sue my insurance company back, won. I was still out about $10k after fees. That's a lot of money in my world. Would have just rather negotiated. Nope.

To be clear, I'm out $7k in repairs. Just talked to some lawyers today. Not enough profit in it to take my case. I will try the SEMA route tomorrow. I'm afraid I'll end up getting a lawyer from a bus stop sign trying to get a name for himself.

Never surrender, never quit,
If you ain't Ranger, you ain't shit

I hate legal garbage.

Thanks again all.

post #23 of 24 Old 09-10-2012, 08:09 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I for one will wish you good luck.

Marcus

post #24 of 24 Old 09-10-2012, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks, Marcus.
Appreciate it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode