extended warranties ? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-01-2012, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

extended warranties ?

has anyone purchased an extended warranty after thiers have run out? what does it cost i uderstand there are different deductables any ideas on price points? i really dont want to talk to anyone on the phone if its nothing i would interested in. pros/cons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-02-2012, 09:50 AM

I got the extended warranty in the mail. Called the number & explained what was done to my rig & the person told me they would cover my rig. I was also explained to that it probably wouldn't be worth getting it since I no longer live near their dealership & many other dealers would probably not cover my Jeep since its so heavily modified. On that note we agreed not to get it...
post #3 of 11 Old 09-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Granite Guru

I didn't bother with the extended warranty, I just put x amt in a bank account each month and don't touch it until I need it. Rather earn (a little bit of) interest for me than pay someone else for something I may or may not need...

NOT A DUDE!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Steel Blue 2008 Sahara 2dr with stuff & things
NONE SHALL PASS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-04-2012, 04:32 AM
Rock God

I bought that life time warranty back when they had it....now the only thing left factory on my JK is the body tub so at least I have rust protection??

Courtesy of Hit - "You should only fuck the fuckable.. to fuck the unfuckable or to un-fuck the fuckable is like crossing streams in Ghost Busters"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 Old 09-04-2012, 06:01 AM
Wheeler

I also bought the lifetime warranty...
post #6 of 11 Old 09-04-2012, 06:31 AM
Slow and Low

If you're gonna mod the shit out of you're vehicle, they are a complete waste of money. No matter what the [commissioned] salesman tells you, they will deny your claims on lifted and/or modified vehicles.

If you are going to buy one, get the manufacturer's warranty, or an aftermarket one from a reputable dealership. (Yes, there are some out there). That way if anything goes wrong, you know where to go for customer service. The ones you get in the mail are typically fly-by-night companies that can disappear without a trace, and you won't know about it till you're stranded with an unpaid claim.

I deal with this on a daily basis at work.
post #7 of 11 Old 09-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Rock God

Garage

I have the chrysler lifetime max care bumper to bumper warranty. Had it thrown in as part of the deal when I bought it new. So far it's replaced the uconnect gps for $2400. Paid for the warranty the first time I ever used it, back when I was at 40k miles 2 yrs ago.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
post #8 of 11 Old 09-04-2012, 07:23 AM
JKO Addict!

As has been said, if your rig is heavily modded or you plan on heavily modding it, don't waste your money jus throw the money you'd otherwise spend on a warranty into a special account and let it sit.

If you're stock or mildly built where it likely won't raise red flags with any dealer, check this place out. ----> http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/
I've heard mostly good things about them from the WK2 guys on jeep forum. They're always talking about this place having the best warranty pricing around.

They're a Chrysler Franchise and you'll be getting an actual Chrysler warranty not something offered by a fly by night outfit Co4Lo mentioned.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Wheeler

I bought my rig used from a dealership with 4" lift and 37's...the warranty covers everything including the lift and was $1200 at their cost.
post #10 of 11 Old 09-04-2012, 01:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Lifetime warranty is almost never lifetime anyway. Most states require the ACTUAL number of years to be specified in the fine print of the contract, but some states require a lifetime warranty to be honored for as little as 3 years.

I recently got the shop doors of my business replaced. Every company I got a quote from stated "lifetime warranty", but the fine print stated "the full expected life of the product; 7 years".

So read the fine print and research your state's laws. There are no federal laws outlining the duration of a lifetime warranty.
post #11 of 11 Old 09-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Slow and Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny727 View Post
I bought my rig used from a dealership with 4" lift and 37's...the warranty covers everything including the lift and was $1200 at their cost.
Oh yeah? You honestly think they would cover a bent C or a broken axle shaft. Keep dreaming. And unless the lift is Mopar, I can assure you they won't cover anything aftermarket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode