James Bond Smoke Screen Plate Holder - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 08-19-2012, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to JSingr
James Bond Smoke Screen Plate Holder

Friend just got a bunch of these in this shop..

Works off wireless remote..just thought it was funny..they sell for red light cameras. Been reading about toll beaters getting busted lately, so I'm sure there will be a lot more

plate - YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 08-19-2012, 01:48 PM
JKO Addict!

I always wonder about that it's cool they did it for the plates , but I was thinking more for the windows instead of tint
post #3 of 15 Old 08-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

thats just wrong. most people run lights accidentally. those that do it intentionally are criminals....

just a warning.... illegal in georgia.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by b1pig; 08-19-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 08-19-2012, 04:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1pig View Post
thats just wrong. most people run lights accidentally. those that do it intentionally are criminals....
I see toll fees being avoided more than red lights..$$

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #5 of 15 Old 08-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1pig View Post

just a warning.... illegal in georgia.
I get what you're saying but let me offer a difference scenario. I go to work everyday at 4am. There is a red light camera intersection on my way. For some stupid reason my Jeep never trips the light. None of my other vehicles have a problem tripping the light so I'm not sure what it is. Anyway every time I catch that light in my Jeep I literally sit there like an idiot for over 5 minutes waiting on it to turn green with nobody else in sight. If it wasn't a stupid camera intersection I'd just look both ways and keep on going. I'd never run a red light on purpose if there were other cars around though. Still trying to figure out why my Jeep doesn't trip that damn light though

You can live in your Jeep, but you can't off-road your house.
post #6 of 15 Old 08-19-2012, 05:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtmaniac View Post
I get what you're saying but let me offer a difference scenario. I go to work everyday at 4am. There is a red light camera intersection on my way. For some stupid reason my Jeep never trips the light. None of my other vehicles have a problem tripping the light so I'm not sure what it is. Anyway every time I catch that light in my Jeep I literally sit there like an idiot for over 5 minutes waiting on it to turn green with nobody else in sight. If it wasn't a stupid camera intersection I'd just look both ways and keep on going. I'd never run a red light on purpose if there were other cars around though. Still trying to figure out why my Jeep doesn't trip that damn light though
You need to learn how red light camera work , if you go though it after it has been red the camera does not flash and if you can't set the sensor off for the light you can't set the camera off since they work together

It only works from those seconds from yellow to red and few after
post #7 of 15 Old 08-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSingr View Post
Friend just got a bunch of these in this shop..

Works off wireless remote..just thought it was funny..they sell for red light cameras. Been reading about toll beaters getting busted lately, so I'm sure there will be a lot more

plate - YouTube
Those are cool... more info please!
post #8 of 15 Old 08-19-2012, 08:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Cool technology for sure,but in my way of thinking.....a waste of money.If you accidentally run a red light,I doubt you have the time to trip the frame on your license plate.

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #9 of 15 Old 08-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

Quote:
i understand what you're getting at. if this is a multi-lane road, have you tried another lane? most traffic signals use a loop of wire which senses a vehicle. motorcycles have this problem a great deal. sometimes, positioning in the lane helps... and certainly being a distance behind the stop bar. being forward of the stop bar will almost certainly NOT trigger the light to cycle. however. there are some that just wont work. there are two intersections in my town that have a dead loop. if you pull up in the weee hours in the dead lane it won't trigger....

that said. i'm certain you could explain that to an officer that observed it and stopped you. kind of hard to explain that to a camera. you just have to go to court.

other option. turn right go down a bit, u-turn and carry on.

sadly.
a device like this will appear mainly to those who are typically NOT law abiding citizens. really. what good does this do except give one the illusion of "invincibility"?

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
post #10 of 15 Old 08-20-2012, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by steed77 View Post
Those are cool... more info please!
It's basically a two way monitor screen..clear when off..press the key fob it displays a color screen..
post #11 of 15 Old 08-20-2012, 07:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
There's a loop of wire in many light triggers that sense your vehicle by using the steel in your frame to pull two contact wires together. Bummer is that if your Jeep is lifted, it may fall outside the area where steel can trip it, so you'll never trip that light based on the sensor unless it's on a timer as well. I can see how that might be annoying.

As far as the product is concerned, looks like something only a criminal would need.

post #12 of 15 Old 08-20-2012, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Getting a few messages asking who makes them. Gave him a call and the company name is privacy technology corporation. See link

http://www.privacytechnologycorp.com...0page%202.html
post #13 of 15 Old 08-20-2012, 04:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaker View Post
I always wonder about that it's cool they did it for the plates , but I was thinking more for the windows instead of tint
the ambulances here in Philly, i cant speak for other municipalities, have them on the patient compartment windows. hit a switch and POOF! the windows go grey. helps prevent prying eyes and maintain patient privacy

post #14 of 15 Old 08-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Rock God

That thing's a pretty hefty fine in Colorado. Run into a CHP in a bad mood and that's a $300+ ticket even if it's clear.

BEER Helping me do stupid things to my JK since 2007!
post #15 of 15 Old 08-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post
That thing's a pretty hefty fine in Colorado. Run into a CHP in a bad mood and that's a $300+ ticket even if it's clear.
It's about time someone touched on this aspect.

Ignoring the moral issues....many States (I believe including NY) have made it illegal to have anything occluding the license plate. Even those clear plexiglass covers that are supposed to keep your plate clean.
I've even heard that the dealership logo frames are illegal now as they usually cover the State name in many plates.

And as for running a red-light that doesn't respond to your approach...
Many States have rules in place where, if after a significant time the light hasn't responded, you are permitted to run it. You just have to submit a complaint for that particular light at your earliest convenience after.

This happens a lot with motorcycles, but I'm sure it would cover autos also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode