Rigid Industry Light Bar - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-15-2012, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Rigid Industry Light Bar

Any advice as to which beam color and beam pattern is best for the rigid industry 10" light bar? I want to light up the trail and perhaps use as utility to light up a campsite. Options are white or amber, flood or spot, or both. What's the skinny on flood vs. spot?

2009 Red JK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Rock God

The danger in using this for a camp light is the overwhelming brightness, you can't look at it. I have 2 dually diffused above my spare and have to angle them down to the ground to make it bearable.
10" SR series is a good balance for a trail light.

2010 JK Rubicon- meh 2dr sold
2012 JKU Rubicon- bored sold
2015 JKU Rubicon- 3rd times a charm?
post #3 of 11 Old 08-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Granite Guru

I run a 50" and 2 D2s , and to be honest the D2s are plenty .but a few of my friends run the E10 flood spot combo and it awsome.. I like that setup with the white lights, I'm not a fan of the amber..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Rock God

Sorry for the incomplete answer....I'm not a fan of amber and flood spreads the light over a wide area and sacrifices distance whereas spot has a narrower field and projects to a longer distance. Using a combo gets you both benefits.

2010 JK Rubicon- meh 2dr sold
2012 JKU Rubicon- bored sold
2015 JKU Rubicon- 3rd times a charm?
post #5 of 11 Old 08-16-2012, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

thanks guys.... i think i will go with the combo since the price is the same... why not. I'm going to go with white too.

2009 Red JK
post #6 of 11 Old 08-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwapache View Post
The danger in using this for a camp light is the overwhelming brightness, you can't look at it. I have 2 dually diffused above my spare and have to angle them down to the ground to make it bearable.
10" SR series is a good balance for a trail light.
Yeah, the lights are ridiculously bright for using at a campsite, did it about a month ago and it can get a bit unberable. Had to move the jeep to the other side of the tent and use the tent as a diffuser, that worked out great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radrubi View Post
I run a 50" and 2 D2s , and to be honest the D2s are plenty .but a few of my friends run the E10 flood spot combo and it awsome.. I like that setup with the white lights, I'm not a fan of the amber..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MancationJEEP View Post
thanks guys.... i think i will go with the combo since the price is the same... why not. I'm going to go with white too.
Great choice. Like radrubi said, the D2'S are plenty, and the Dually D2'S are even better, but I love my SR series 10" combo pattern. It fills in the center perfectly between the Dually D2's with "driving" pattern.

All lights on in this pic.

Pic added for comparison to stock headlights on HIGH alone.

Last edited by Stay Dirty My Friends; 08-16-2012 at 09:34 AM.
post #7 of 11 Old 08-16-2012, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Dirty My Friends View Post
Yeah, the lights are ridiculously bright for using at a campsite, did it about a month ago and it can get a bit unberable. Had to move the jeep to the other side of the tent and use the tent as a diffuser, that worked out great.

Great choice. Like radrubi said, the D2'S are plenty, and the Dually D2'S are even better, but I love my SR series 10" combo pattern. It fills in the center perfectly between the Dually D2's with "driving" pattern.

All lights on in this pic.
Pic added for comparison to stock headlights on HIGH alone.
do you have the D2's mounted on the winshield frame? I would like to see a pic of your light setup, if possible.

2009 Red JK
post #8 of 11 Old 08-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Rock God

dont forget, you can also just order lense colors also. so if you want to change your lighting color , its just a quick snap on to change the color.
If you dont have quotes on what your looking for, and you want the best pricing, give me a call

Johnny
Great Choice by the way...

Road///Race Motorsports (562)906-0080 10am-5pm PST Toll Free Order Line 855-891-1898

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

or our
post #9 of 11 Old 08-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MancationJEEP View Post
do you have the D2's mounted on the winshield frame? I would like to see a pic of your light setup, if possible.
No. I have the Rugged Ridge snorkel so I can't windshield mount the lights, they're all bumper mounted. The 10" uses the Poison Spyder fairlead mount.

Here's a couple pics.

post #10 of 11 Old 08-17-2012, 03:51 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Don't know if you ordered it yet ? I've a 12" Rigid E series lightbar mounted in front hood scoop - for driving and wheeling I'd prefer to have gone with the spot pattern only, instead of the combo beam I chose. The light is incredible but I've no use for lighting up the tops of trees and would prefer a longer distance reach. I chose the set-up and now know, so not bitching, just offering advice. With that said, this wide radius pattern is probably perfect for you as a camping set-up, so I may have confirmed your combo choice instead of talking you into a spot beam. Enjoy.
post #11 of 11 Old 08-17-2012, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

thanks for the pics and the feedback guys. I was leaning in the direction of the PSC winch plate mount with the 10", seeing your jeep has confirmed this approach for me. It will look clean on the brawler lite.

cheers!

2009 Red JK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode