Jeep Wrangler Pickup Possibly in the Works - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Jeep Wrangler Pickup Possibly in the Works

Jeep officials say they'll make a decision soon.

http://www.web2carz.com/autos/news/1...8c9c9f53282a30

MikeP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

not gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 10:10 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
Jeep officials say they'll make a decision soon.

http://www.web2carz.com/autos/news/1...8c9c9f53282a30
Don't get your hopes up.Jeep has been showing the 'prototype' since 05....all with rave reviews and 'I want one NOW',as I've written letters to that effect (I want it with a diesel).Manley and Macaroni have a couple or more of great 'teasemobiles' and just like fuckin' with us.

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Rock God

If this ends up happening,i hope they make one that either comes as a 4 dr, or an extra cab with just a slightly shorter bed...

it would be Pretty Badass

CRAWLIN PERFORMANCE 602-552-6793
post #5 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Rock God

Do want, not going to happen. Still waiting to get rearended so I can get a JK8 kit

Justin
2009 Sahara Unlimited-The Saharacon
Just hanging out in the land of the banned
post #6 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Granite Guru

Never happen. I'd love to factory version based off of the AEV kit in 2-door and 4-door.

Lord, give me patience. I'm afraid that if you give me strength I'll need bail money too.
post #7 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 10:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Not for a JK at least...
Quote:
Manley told Car Advice that with the next Wrangler due in 2015 or 2016, a decision will be forthcoming sooner rather than later.
Huh? blech
Quote:
The tricky bit is this: will a trucked-out Wrangler be as capable off-road as the current SUV? Manley says a two-door would have no trouble, but a four-door version might struggle with break-over angle. This could be a problem, since a four-door version would likely be more popular.

One way around that would be to use a Fiat platform
, although Manley would only speak about that using hypotheticals.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #8 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Granite Guru

I like new products and the "latest greatest" - but I looked at a JK8 conversion at my local dealer last week and decided that the kit changes a 4-door Jeep into a Ford Ranger with less usable room. I can't wait to feel the flames on this one - but it is the honest truth. Not every idea is a good idea.
post #9 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 10:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've seen a few of the aftermarket conversions sitting on dealership lots recently ...so who knows.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #10 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 10:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkxrock View Post
I like new products and the "latest greatest" - but I looked at a JK8 conversion at my local dealer last week and decided that the kit changes a 4-door Jeep into a Ford Ranger with less usable room. I can't wait to feel the flames on this one - but it is the honest truth. Not every idea is a good idea.
lol

a convertible ford ranger

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #11 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 11:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-jeep View Post
I've seen a few of the aftermarket conversions sitting on dealership lots recently ...so who knows.
Me too, but for the $50k + price thy are asking, they can keep that shiat.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #12 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee1669 View Post
Me too, but for the $50k + price thy are asking, they can keep that shiat.
So I take it that you're not one of those who pre-ordered the new JKU-Brute kit from AEV?
post #13 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 02:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Next gen SWB ("Wrangler") Jeep is more than likely going to be IFS. If so, who cares if they make a pickup?

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #14 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 02:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Next gen SWB ("Wrangler") Jeep is more than likely going to be IFS. If so, who cares if they make a pickup?
IFS isnt so bad. Spidertrax just started making some beefy IFS centers and look at all of the aftermarket desert racing support making indestrucable IFS setups...
post #15 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinfast002 View Post
Still waiting to get rearended so I can get a JK8 kit

first time i ever heard anyone say they wanted to get rear-ended.
post #16 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 04:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
IFS isnt so bad. Spidertrax just started making some beefy IFS centers and look at all of the aftermarket desert racing support making indestrucable IFS setups...
I have no problem with IFS.Jeep can and will cheapen it out so bad it will be like just like a D30 so you'll never miss it.

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #17 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 04:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Lol, exactly. How'd that Liberty work out for you?

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #18 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
IFS isnt so bad.
YES.
IT.
IS.

: Daily driven rockcrawler
Nothing but the best: AEV, Rancho, MetalCloak, Synergy, Reid Racing, Artec, Warn, Cooper
post #19 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

It should be interesting what Fiat does with the next gen wrangler. My guess is the jku will be a slight change with more luxury. If Fiat wants to use their platform for the new 2dr or truck that Likley means it will not share jku parts.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Adventure Jeep Packages/Parts
480-788-7245 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Perfomance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Customs Ripp Superchargers
post #20 of 30 Old 08-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Wheeler

I still think the Wrangler will be the least 'civilized' product in the lineup, and intentionally so. What I wouldn't be surprised to see is the next-generation Wrangler move to a unibody-on-frame like the Cherokee used to be.
post #21 of 30 Old 08-15-2012, 02:02 AM
Wheeler

Check out the Brute double cab. AEV is getting ready to start produing them but I would expect to see sticker start around 60-70k.
post #22 of 30 Old 08-15-2012, 04:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-JK View Post
Check out the Brute double cab. AEV is getting ready to start produing them but I would expect to see sticker start around 60-70k.
Eff that noise. $60k, shiatty gas mileage, small bed. I'll buy an H1.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #23 of 30 Old 08-15-2012, 04:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee1669 View Post
Eff that noise. $60k, shiatty gas mileage, small bed. I'll buy an H1.
YUP. fuck that. I'll buy the nicest diesel truck EVER and have way more room, better mileage, and can actually use it as a truck (tow/haul).

makes no sense to spend that much on a converted jk... but people will... because they have more $ than brains... and then they'll be on here telling us how much better and how well engineered their kit is and how buying a real truck makes no sense.

mark my words people... mark my words... lol

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #24 of 30 Old 08-15-2012, 04:53 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-JK View Post
My question with that is
How much can you haul? Tow? As much as a Jk? Kinda pointless to have a truck then. Unless its just for looks
Which for 60k buy a raptor you'll be way happier
Whoever did the Jk on a ram chassis now that works
It's can haul and tow what a ram can tow/haul

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #25 of 30 Old 08-15-2012, 06:10 AM
Granite Guru

$60k?
I'll drop a Hemi or LS into my current Wrangler and buy a bigger trailer to haul my crap with. AND still have $$ left over for D60s!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode