4wd.com SUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuucks ! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 04-03-2009, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

4wd.com SUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuucks !

So I WAS hauling some bikes out to the dragstrip this weekend with my brand new Sahara unlimited. Yeah - I was. So I had ordered a bunch of crap from 4wd.com including my HITCH, wiring, blah blah.

So after a week the box shows up yesterday. Today after work I come home to get to work. I opened the box and hrmmm there's all this junk - oh there's the wiring harness... NO HITCH - WTF??

Back ordered according to the little piece of paper in the box. NO email to say so - no indication of backorder on the website... it still doesn't show it's back ordered.

So I called them on my cell phone and sat on hold for 45 minutes til I got tired of burning minutes and hung up.

I called them from the home phone and I'm STILL on hold 35 minutes on this call now.

I wish like hell I hadn't already put in another order with them and had it ship - because I'd never buy another damn thing from these jackasses.

Soon as I give up again and hang up I have to try and beg someone with a truck to pull this trailer this weekend. Yay 4wd.com - MORONS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 04-03-2009, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Holy crap someone just answered the phone! The hitch won't be in until the end of the month. They offered to discount the more expensive Curt one for me but it doesn't have the clip to hold the wiring so I didn't want it. Order canceled.

Never again.
post #3 of 28 Old 04-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Granite Guru

I never had any issue with them.. Each time they e-mail the shipping details and tracking number, the "shipped items" are listed.

USAntigoon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 04-03-2009, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAntigoon View Post
I never had any issue with them.. Each time they e-mail the shipping details and tracking number, the "shipped items" are listed.
That would have been nice. I haven't received that for either of my orders. All I got was the UPS shipping notification FROM UPS - nothing from them.

I just got to wait for the box to show up and then get pissed.
post #5 of 28 Old 04-03-2009, 06:26 PM
JKO Addict!

I'm with ya seemed like every time I ordered something they would screw it up so now just about all my business goes to Phil @ Trailduty. He wont do you wrong and is a really cool guy. If you dont see what you are looking for on his website just shoot him a pm and ask if he can get it, most of the times he can. Click on the link in my sig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #6 of 28 Old 04-03-2009, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Is Phil a member here? Thanks for the link. I don't see any hitches on there - I might shoot him an email. Now I just need one fast even if I have to go to the dealer to get it since 4wd screwed me.

I like Phil's OScommerce site. That's what we started out using for our web store. Now it's all custom software - which reports when things are IN STOCK btw and how long it will take before it ships

Thanks again for the link.
post #7 of 28 Old 04-03-2009, 08:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Phil is a member here, has a bada$$ red JK and will practically give you the shirt off his back.

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
Maybe we should all post the thing? He prolly won't ban us all. You go first Dave
post #8 of 28 Old 04-04-2009, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
Phil is a member here, has a bada$$ red JK and will practically give you the shirt off his back.
I'm good on shirts - but he sounds like my kind of guy. What's his user name and I'll just PM him here.

Thanks!
post #9 of 28 Old 04-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Granite Guru

That is too bad, as I've had great luck with the last three orders, all cheaper than Quadratec, and they don't charge shipping if you pick it up at a local store. Luckily Santa Rosa has a store here that is affiliated. I got the Congo Cage, then a skid plate, then, a lift kit. Maybe I was lucky?

2008 Red Rock Rubicon Unltd 6spd dual top
post #10 of 28 Old 04-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1naylor View Post
Holy crap someone just answered the phone! The hitch won't be in until the end of the month. They offered to discount the more expensive Curt one for me but it doesn't have the clip to hold the wiring so I didn't want it. Order canceled.

Never again.
WOW! How odd They did the same to me a year or more ago. Same story and the same optional upgrade....That I took and the wire is still hanging down.
post #11 of 28 Old 04-04-2009, 06:10 PM
14ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1naylor View Post
I'm good on shirts - but he sounds like my kind of guy. What's his user name and I'll just PM him here.

Thanks!
User name is PhilD:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/member.php?u=143

2008 Rescue Green UJK Rubicon 6 spd with a bunch of super cheap mods!
post #12 of 28 Old 04-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Rock God

Garage

I know what you mean about "Suuuuuuuuuucks"

I ordered my lift at their Orlando, FL 4WP Truck & Jeep Fest. Two weeks later nothing had arrived, so I called the 1-800 number, they said the local Orlando store, was handling all those orders.

Turned out the lift was out of stock in their warehouses in Texas and somewhere else in the mid-west, so they put my order aside. It wasn't until I called and B**ched that they had it drop shipped directly from the vendor.
post #13 of 28 Old 04-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to 08RubiUnlimited

I had always had good luck with 4WD until recently. First issue was my RR XHD rear bumper, where I was given 3 different delivery dates, then 2 months later told they got 1 (singular) in and I was #3 on the list. Qtec had gotten a pallet of them, so I cancelled and got it from them. Next time was my hardtop cover, where I ordered, got no notification, then called to be told, sorry, not coming in until Apr. 6. Had I not called, I would have received no notice till it shipped. Again, talked to Qtec, they had some coming in 2 days later, called back, they had plenty and I got it last week. I've had great dealings for over 10 years with them, but the last couple have left me wondering...
post #14 of 28 Old 04-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Granite Guru

yes, they totally suck! And I think it is really the local problem. If you get a great store manager and he runs the store well, most of the time will do a good job for you, but they is yet to be seen at the AUSTIN TX store....they really suck! And the thing is they really try to jack you on price too. Then after you do the leg work to find the cheapest price of what you want they will match it, but if you don't do the leg work, they will bend you over and put the screw to you!

As of matter of fact I had "Bodyguy" install my lift - he did a great job and did it in not time at all. I would much rather pay someone like that than give me money to the big corporate pigs they are.

Can you tell I don't like them?
post #15 of 28 Old 04-06-2009, 11:10 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yes they do. I ordered some SRC steel fenders ($300.00 for all four and planned on customizing them into proper tube fenders) from them in January. They took my money and told me I would have them last month. Well, turns out the damn things aren't even out of the R&D stage and was told I migh have them by the end of Summer 09 WTF

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #16 of 28 Old 04-06-2009, 04:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Yeah and you are still waiting on that bastard to do your gears, sorry things have been busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCAT View Post
yes, they totally suck! And I think it is really the local problem. If you get a great store manager and he runs the store well, most of the time will do a good job for you, but they is yet to be seen at the AUSTIN TX store....they really suck! And the thing is they really try to jack you on price too. Then after you do the leg work to find the cheapest price of what you want they will match it, but if you don't do the leg work, they will bend you over and put the screw to you!

As of matter of fact I had "Bodyguy" install my lift - he did a great job and did it in not time at all. I would much rather pay someone like that than give me money to the big corporate pigs they are.

Can you tell I don't like them?

|
|
post #17 of 28 Old 04-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Granite Guru

Heres one more guy with a BAD Experience with 4wd.com....
I'll never order from them again!!!!

And pick up the F*cking phone A$$holes!
post #18 of 28 Old 04-12-2009, 01:32 PM

I had a REAL bad time with 4wd.com. Ordered lift march 3rd and waited till this past Tuesday. Well over month to be told numerous times its out everywhere. I then called Quadratec and had it on Wednesday. Now its a hastle to get credit on card they processed 6 weeks ago when they never sent a product. I'd advise to order eleswhere.
post #19 of 28 Old 04-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Wheeler

Im in pittsburgh PA, ordered rims,wheels, and full set of "black" lugs. Sales guy on the phone was from the ohio shop and gave me lower than the internet listed price. When i called to make my order a week later i was some how sent to the main shop in Cali. I asked the guy if the Ohio sales man is going to lose out on his sales? he said no and went through with my order. When i saw the amount of money that came out of my checking account it looked high. so i called. here the prick in cali lied to me and stole the kid from ohios sales, and charged me the FULL price on my rims, tires, and lugs. Like the rest of you the phone was a total joke. I get over charged, and they send me crome lugs not the black. After a week of calling them every day after work and getting the run-a-round, a girl named Jen from the Ohio shop was able to credit me $285.50. Never did get the correct lugs but did not realy care to play there games again.
post #20 of 28 Old 06-30-2010, 07:02 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidfrompittsburgh View Post
Im in pittsburgh PA, ordered rims,wheels, and full set of "black" lugs. Sales guy on the phone was from the ohio shop and gave me lower than the internet listed price. When i called to make my order a week later i was some how sent to the main shop in Cali. I asked the guy if the Ohio sales man is going to lose out on his sales? he said no and went through with my order. When i saw the amount of money that came out of my checking account it looked high. so i called. here the prick in cali lied to me and stole the kid from ohios sales, and charged me the FULL price on my rims, tires, and lugs. Like the rest of you the phone was a total joke. I get over charged, and they send me crome lugs not the black. After a week of calling them every day after work and getting the run-a-round, a girl named Jen from the Ohio shop was able to credit me $285.50. Never did get the correct lugs but did not realy care to play there games again.
there's good people there. i usually just go in person since it's only 45 mins away
post #21 of 28 Old 06-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
there's good people there. i usually just go in person since it's only 45 mins away
Yeah mabye so, but it really sucks when you have to search out the good peolpe to have a decent experience...... I've experienced nothing but problems from them on several differenet occasions.... In person locally, and from their CS dept....

There are simply other companies that provide better service for the same price.....because they will get you on price if you don't do your homework everytime.
post #22 of 28 Old 06-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Granite Guru

I have never had issues so far, everytime I call and order anything from them or quad I always ask them before they process everything I want to know if its in stock, just a little tip, they will tell ya right then and there.
post #23 of 28 Old 06-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Rock God

Garage

I only used 4wd.com/4wheelparts.com to make Quadratec price match and include 4WD's 10% military discount. Since picking up the JK and coming to this site I've dealt with Phil at TD whenever possible, and it has been great, much better customer services and great prices too. He helps out anyway he can!

post #24 of 28 Old 06-30-2010, 01:24 PM
ADDICTION II build begins....

yeah....they are having issues with their website as well. I use to order through their sister company 4 Wheel Parts but now the Jeep page on their site is limited where I can find items I am looking for on 4WD but not 4 Wheel parts. They are also adjusting their shipping calculators where there is no more free-pickup in store on the jeep link for 4 Wheel Parts. It's a shipping charge to your home only...at least for me and I still have to pick it up at the store....they don't ship it to the house for Hawaii and goes to the Waipahu store.

U.S. Army

Last edited by TXROCK; 06-30-2010 at 01:27 PM.
post #25 of 28 Old 07-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Rock God

I sure am glad I stumbled onto this thread before I order my lift!!

If you're gonna be fucking weird, own it.

~SoCo
______
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode