Mopar mirror relocation bracket. Now what? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 03-31-2009, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Mopar mirror relocation bracket. Now what?

I was in the garage, staring at the doors I took off my Jeep right after I got it.

Assuming I ever put them back on, the driver's side mirror is bound to slam into the new mirror I have on the A pillar (Mopar relo kit)

If I remove the mirror from the door and store it somewhere, is there a plug I can order to fill the hole?

I suppose I could just remove the B-pillar mirror, but that seems like a pain in the butt. I would rather just leave it there and shift doors whenever I get the notion.

--------------------
Preacher
REDRUM
2009 Wrangler 'X'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Rock God

You can remove just the head of the mirro on the door or just fold the one on the a-pillar foward. I am pretty sure it will clear. Or just remove the mirror off the a-pillar(3 screws) and leave the mounting bracket on the pillar.
post #3 of 12 Old 03-31-2009, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I hadn't thought about folding the mirror forward, but that could work in the short term.

I would still rather remove the one from the door. I have seen some folks that have a round disk on the door skin where the mirror was, but don't have a clue where to get one.

--------------------
Preacher
REDRUM
2009 Wrangler 'X'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 03-31-2009, 01:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

There was a write up on one of the other forums a while ago. Seems like it was a plastic plug from an electrical or plumbing supply. Sorry I can't quite remember the details but seems like he siliconed it in place.

It always seemed odd to me that they don't offer a cover.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #5 of 12 Old 03-31-2009, 02:21 PM
Rock God

I know it's too late, but Rugged Ridge makes relocation brackets that come with the mirror hole covers. Maybe you could contact them to get just the hole covers.

There's also these that come in diamond plate.

You could also try to find some of those door knob hole covers at Lowes or Home Depot and paint them to match your Jeep. I guess you'd silicone them to the door.

'07 Rubicon
post #6 of 12 Old 03-31-2009, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
I know it's too late, but Rugged Ridge makes relocation brackets that come with the mirror hole covers. Maybe you could contact them to get just the hole covers.

There's also these that come in diamond plate.

You could also try to find some of those door knob hole covers at Lowes or Home Depot and paint them to match your Jeep. I guess you'd silicone them to the door.
Thanks, I'll check out RR and see what they can do. Chances are they just buy the kits from Taiwan and are unable to get parts, but it is worth an email.

I just tried, and the relo mirror DOES fold enough to clear the door mirror as long as the door is tethered. That will work until I find something I like... ugly, but do-able.

--------------------
Preacher
REDRUM
2009 Wrangler 'X'
post #7 of 12 Old 03-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
I know it's too late, but Rugged Ridge makes relocation brackets that come with the mirror hole covers.
x2 that's what I got. Some people have complained and wanted to go so far as to color match paint the filler plate but I don't even notice mine anymore. I don't know if they sell them sep. but even if not I think the whole relocation kit was like 20 bucks or something

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
post #8 of 12 Old 03-31-2009, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaRShiN View Post
x2 that's what I got. Some people have complained and wanted to go so far as to color match paint the filler plate but I don't even notice mine anymore. I don't know if they sell them sep. but even if not I think the whole relocation kit was like 20 bucks or something

I couldn't care less if they are black, but that is what I need....

--------------------
Preacher
REDRUM
2009 Wrangler 'X'
post #9 of 12 Old 03-31-2009, 03:26 PM

What's behind that black plate? Two holes? If so, you can probably find hole plugs at the local two way radio shop. Just a thought.
post #10 of 12 Old 03-31-2009, 03:32 PM
Rock God

IIRC its actually a circular hole. The stock mirrors had 2 threaded posts that were met on the inside by 2 bolts. The RR plate covers the circle hole and has 2 threaded posts that match up with the 2 hole locations on the inside.

post #11 of 12 Old 03-31-2009, 03:34 PM
Rock God

the only thing is that as you can see form the pic I had to attach a little convex mirror to be able to see. Actually like it better that way now. I can see everything from my door back all the way to the ground and the entire lane next to me. This is with the doors on only, doors off its easilly viewable

post #12 of 12 Old 04-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Rock God

Mirrors are over rated, just run without themů If the police ask, just tell them it came from the factory that way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode