Freeze on Rubicons - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 03-30-2009, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Freeze on Rubicons

My buddy is looking for a Jeep Green Rubicon. Damn near impossible to find because he wants khaki interior, six speed, and mygig. Dealership told him he cant even order one from factory because there is some kind of freeze on producing Rubicons. Huh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 03-30-2009, 05:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Rubicons with the manual are hard to find. I had to go a couple hundred miles to get mine.

I don't know anything about the freeze though.
post #3 of 25 Old 03-30-2009, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Theres actually alot of manuals in the NY/NJ area. Especially if you want black. Which he is swaying towards now. But there are only 2 jeep green Rubicons within 400 miles of NYC. And neither have hardly any options added. And neither khaki interior. But like I said there are a ton of black ones throughout the area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 03-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Rock God

Vehicle ordering is in cycles.
That is what the freeze is.
They stop one model and re-tool for another.
post #5 of 25 Old 03-30-2009, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by owtdorz View Post
Ahhhhh. That explains it. Well I guess he is going to have to go with black then.
post #6 of 25 Old 03-31-2009, 03:51 AM
Rock God

yeah, when I had originally bought my old Rubicon in 05, I had actually wanted an Unlimited in Impact Orange with a 6spd. Couldn't find one any where on the east coast. There were plenty of the short wheelbase ones, but no unlimiteds. So I said screw it, if I gotta settle for a short one, I'm getting a rubicon. Sadly, it turned out to be a lemon, and I never got to wheel it before I got rid of it. I would have ordered one the way I wanted it, but this was during that employee pricing frenzy that all the manufacturers had going on, so I wouldn't have got the employee pricing.

SOLD-08 Unlimited X, "jeep green", auto, limited slip, hushpower muffler, Aerotech Interceptor gauge,Powerstroke tranny cooler, skidrow evap skid, AFE Pro 7 filter, Teraflex leveling kit, EVO control arm skids, 15x8 Black Rock 909's, 33" KM2's
post #7 of 25 Old 03-31-2009, 04:58 AM
Granite Guru

I don't believe there is a freeze on Rubi's. They discontinued Jeep Green back in November so you can't order a green one.
post #8 of 25 Old 03-31-2009, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
I don't believe there is a freeze on Rubi's. They discontinued Jeep Green back in November so you can't order a green one.
Damn they discontinued jeep green all together! That sucks that was a sweet color.
post #9 of 25 Old 03-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Rock God

It was my understanding that khaki was only available on the Sahara model. I personally have not seen any color Rubicon or X with a Khaki Roof (roof and interior color, same package).

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.
post #10 of 25 Old 03-31-2009, 11:08 AM
Rock God

Maybe its new for the 09 line-up. I checked on the jeep.com build your own thing and there is a khaki option now for the rubi's, at least on there

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
post #11 of 25 Old 03-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Granite Guru

I had the option when I ordered my '09 Rubi to get the khaki or grey interior with the black top. Not sure about getting a khaki top though.

Last edited by gossamer; 04-01-2009 at 07:31 AM.
post #12 of 25 Old 03-31-2009, 02:47 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIZZ View Post
Damn they discontinued jeep green all together! That sucks that was a sweet color.
Yep, it's a great color for a Jeep. I tried to order a green one. That's how I found out they discontinued it. I got the orange one instead. Also a very cool color.
post #13 of 25 Old 03-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Rock God

didnt evn notice the discontinued Jeep Green, LAME. I think resale on those will be nice just based on that now. Only made for 2 years? IMHO they should have brought back an electric/superman blue

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
post #14 of 25 Old 03-31-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Isn't it a bit early to be re-tooling for 2010 already? I realize they're cutting production because of reduced demand, but this seems early to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoulk View Post
I would have ordered one the way I wanted it, but this was during that employee pricing frenzy that all the manufacturers had going on, so I wouldn't have got the employee pricing.
I ordered mine during last month's EP ++ and got (in writing) locked in at the incentives in place then or, if they get better, the ones in place when it arrives. It's due sometime between Friday and Tuesday, so we'll see which is better, but I think what I have locked is going to be it since it includes the 0%/48 months.
post #15 of 25 Old 04-01-2009, 03:52 AM
Rock God

I havn't heard anything about them discontinuing Jeep Green. As far as I know, Rescue Green and Steel Blue were the only colors they discontinued. And my local dealer has a 09 Unlimited in Jeep Green with the Khaki interior.

SOLD-08 Unlimited X, "jeep green", auto, limited slip, hushpower muffler, Aerotech Interceptor gauge,Powerstroke tranny cooler, skidrow evap skid, AFE Pro 7 filter, Teraflex leveling kit, EVO control arm skids, 15x8 Black Rock 909's, 33" KM2's
post #16 of 25 Old 04-01-2009, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
I havn't heard anything about them discontinuing Jeep Green. As far as I know, Rescue Green and Steel Blue were the only colors they discontinued. And my local dealer has a 09 Unlimited in Jeep Green with the Khaki interior.
Do you know the specs on that one at the dealer? Manual or auto? Navigation? I guess it doesnt really matter though because my buddy just went and got a black one yesterday. But it would be interesting to know, hes gonna be pissed lol. Oh and the salesman said they just got a Rubicon in so I guess they still are shipping them. Maybe it was just the Jeep Green because they are discontinued.
post #17 of 25 Old 04-01-2009, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Ahhh ok I just looked up that dealership. Its an X not a Rubicon.
post #18 of 25 Old 04-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to 08RubiUnlimited

Quote:
They stopped taking Jeep Green orders in Feb. and they were scheduled to buld the last Jeep Green Wrangler on 3/31.
post #19 of 25 Old 04-03-2009, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ok so I was bored and curious this morning so I did a search on Jeep.com for any Jeep Green Rubicons within 100 miles of the NYC area. And remember there are a boatload of Jeep dealerships within that area. I found 3 2drs, 1 with khaki interior, and no 6 spds. And found 2 4drs 1 six speed and 1 auto, auto has absolutely no options. Slim pickings. Almost makes me want to get one just because its soon to be no more and with all these incentives.
post #20 of 25 Old 04-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Rock God

I just went through this myself: I was looking for a new 2-DR Rubicon 6-speed in Jeep Green with Khaki interior, hardtop and navigation.

Only ONE with Khaki interior popped up in all of California up in the San Francisco area --500 miles from here. A second one with Slate interior was 10 miles from me, so I picked that one three days ago --this in a state with 30 million people!

Manual transmission JKs are hard to find but very well worth it imo. But I have to say, now that I have the Slate interior I realize I shouldn't have been as obsessed with Khaki as I was...

2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Warn 9.5ti winch
2.5-inch Teraflex lift
35-inch General Grabbers

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Rubicon Wheels and Tires
post #21 of 25 Old 04-03-2009, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yeah I personally like the gray interior with the green better than the khaki. My buddy was dead against the gray and green together. Actually the 3 2 drs I found are pretty loaded out. But all have auto. I kinda wanted 6 speed. My 4 dr has auto. San Pedro huh. I used to hang out there all the time in the 90s when I lived out there for awhile.
post #22 of 25 Old 04-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Wheeler

I was looking on jeep.com at new jk's and the jeep green color is not avail when you look at the diff colors. My dealer had 3 jk's on the lot 1 yellow which sold right away, 1 green which I bought and 1 red one.
post #23 of 25 Old 04-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Rock God

Garage
Talking White on white

I don't like the heat! I went with the rare White on White with lt Grey int.
Attached Images

Paved Roads - Another Fine Example of Unnecessary Government Waste!
Modes - 3.5" Lift - Steel Jeep Bumper with Winch. Body Armor 4x4 Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders. - Hard Top painted White to repel the HEAT! - Ham\CB Radio - A few dents and Scratches John Bull Mod to Front & Rear Diff Covers. Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Off-road Front, Rear and Rock Lights, Rear CAM, On Board Air.
post #24 of 25 Old 04-06-2009, 09:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktuttle View Post
I don't like the heat! I went with the rare White on White with lt Grey int.
I wish I had a white top. That came from Toledo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #25 of 25 Old 04-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Actually they don't. They make one right after the other. All mixed in as they come down the line. Some 4 doors, some 2 doors, some red, some rubi's, some blue some whatever. They do not re-tool as you put it until model year changes. I have not been to that plant in a while (our shiz is actually runnin good!) so I do not know when they are slated for re-tool.

This is way off topic, but Ford spent a ton a few years back to make the Maxda 6 and Mustang on the same line at the AAI plant near Monroe Mi. The reason this is big is because it is the only plant in the WORLD that makes a front wheel drive and rear wheel drive car on the same line at the same time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode