wrangler MOAB???? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 03-23-2009, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

wrangler MOAB????

I have seen a couple of these at various dealerships, does anyone know anything about these????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 03-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

"moab" is the name of the stock Jeep wheels. Wrangler moab's

Only other thing I can think of is taht I have heard of dealers adding a lift and whatnot and naming them whatever they want, like Moab or Black tie eddition.

Never heard of anything other then that

BTW, welcome to the forum!
post #3 of 24 Old 03-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Welcome, Thats just a dealer made jeep! I have seen dealers build jeeps and have stickers made for them so it looks like an official jeep model....Seperates them from the competition when you go else where and ask for a moab jeep you might think the competing dealer is...Well..Dumb

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 03-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Rock God

I thought MOAB stood for Mother of all Baskets, then again I have been drinking a bit

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
post #5 of 24 Old 03-24-2009, 05:46 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECHAD View Post
I have seen a couple of these at various dealerships, does anyone know anything about these????
I've seen one of them running around too. I figured an off road shop built it and put the stickers on it. No idea why though.

peter

post #6 of 24 Old 03-24-2009, 05:58 AM
JKO Addict!

I've seen some on ebay. I think it's a company doing all the conversions, not sure though.

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
Maybe we should all post the thing? He prolly won't ban us all. You go first Dave
post #7 of 24 Old 03-24-2009, 06:51 AM
JKO Addict!

a couple months ago I had a bit of an argument with someone on another forum about the Moab Edition Wranglers. He was insistent that it was a factory model, and I was insistent that it was a dealer model.

SO... I went poking around online and...

It looks like these are showing up at dealers specifically in AZ, UT, NV area. It appears that Moab Industries is just a customizing shop that is fixing the rigs up for the dealers (definitely nothing to do with Jeep Corporate).

Basically a standard X model with a 5" lift, 35" tires, custom wheels, and some custom paint on suspension components
post #8 of 24 Old 03-24-2009, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

ok broke down and bought one today. it rides great , only thing is they dont regear them, so speedo is WAY off. handles like a dream. so now I will have to just get it geared.

thanks for all the info

pround new owner of a JK
post #9 of 24 Old 03-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

pics or it didn't happen

J/k...welcome to the forum and congrats on the JK!!
post #10 of 24 Old 03-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to Big A

Quote:
ok broke down and bought one today. it rides great , only thing is they dont regear them, so speedo is WAY off. handles like a dream. so now I will have to just get it geared.

thanks for all the info

pround new owner of a JK
Congrats!

If you don't mind, How much was it? And PICS! We need PICS!

Phase 1 Complete. Sold JK
Phase 2 Complete. Bought a Tow Rig
Phase 3 on-hold. Buying a trail rig. Thinking a TJ or XJ
post #11 of 24 Old 03-24-2009, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

its a 2007 with 17,000 miles on it and I paid $17000 for it. lift tires and wheels are brand new. will post pics tomorrow
post #12 of 24 Old 03-25-2009, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

post #13 of 24 Old 03-27-2009, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

well????? what do you think?
post #14 of 24 Old 03-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Wheeler

Looks good. Needs some dirt on it though. Seems like they could use a programer to fix the speedo until it gets regeared though.
post #15 of 24 Old 03-29-2009, 07:02 AM
14ers

You mean get dirt on it like this guy?:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7562

BTW, the MOAB looks great! And it can with half doors. Awesome!

2008 Rescue Green UJK Rubicon 6 spd with a bunch of super cheap mods!
post #16 of 24 Old 03-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
Welcome, Thats just a dealer made jeep! I have seen dealers build jeeps and have stickers made for them so it looks like an official jeep model....Seperates them from the competition when you go else where and ask for a moab jeep you might think the competing dealer is...Well..Dumb

Jason
they are just forward thinkers.... since the Rubicon Trail is in extreme risk of being shut down to some degree or the other... they are just using a good place that has less risk to rename their wranglers
post #17 of 24 Old 03-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
they are just forward thinkers.... since the Rubicon Trail is in extreme risk of being shut down to some degree or the other... they are just using a good place that has less risk to rename their wranglers
LOL, I did a little research and there is no address for moab industries. In some of the photos you can see York Chrysler jeep dodge. Again my bet is this is York's program headed up by a few parts or sales guys pretty slick, I doubt they make their own lifts. I read that on Jk-forum, so it must be true.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #18 of 24 Old 03-29-2009, 08:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

The local Stealer in El Paso has a few Wrangler "Trans Mountain Edition" packages that come with a 2.5" Skyjacker lift and other Mopar Doo-Dads that you can add. Definitely a cool way to set your jeep apart and show a little local flavor too. (Trans Mountain is the name of a stretch of HWY 375 here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #19 of 24 Old 03-29-2009, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Moab industires is located in prescott arizona. they make there own lifts. Moab is the the same as Shelby. Moab buys jeeps direct they set them up then sell them to dealers. and entire system is warranteed by Jeep. same thing Shelby does with the mustangs. Have talked to Johnny (the owner of Moab) they put out 1 jeep per week. Just so everyone knows
post #20 of 24 Old 03-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Moab industires is located in prescott arizona. they make there own lifts. Moab is the the same as Shelby. Moab buys jeeps direct they set them up then sell them to dealers. and entire system is warranteed by Jeep. same thing Shelby does with the mustangs. Have talked to Johnny (the owner of Moab) they put out 1 jeep per week. Just so everyone knows
Something about this does not sound right. Chrysler does not sell direct without going through a dealership unless they are rentals then they get dropshipped. Why would they make their own lifts? Does not sound cost effective. Whats their address? I see where they are located, I like to pay them a visit.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #21 of 24 Old 03-29-2009, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

www.moabindustries.com their contact info is there
post #22 of 24 Old 03-30-2009, 08:40 AM
Rock God

Quote:
www.moabindustries.com their contact info is there
Hey Chad I'm just wondering, you're not the "Hanging Chad" from Florida are you?

Welcome to JKO,

"Dude, did you see that Green Jeep out in the parking lot?"

"Yeah, its' mine..."
post #23 of 24 Old 03-30-2009, 09:57 AM
JR
Rock God

Quote:
they dont regear them, so speedo is WAY off.
You should definitely re-gear for the tire size, but FYI re-gearing will not affect your speedo. JK's speed sensors are at the wheel so re-gears don't effect the speedo. If you have an auto it'll effect the shift points and such.

After you regear you'll still need to get something like an AEV procal to recal the speedo.

Jason from RJR Off-Road

coupon code = JKOWNERS
post #24 of 24 Old 04-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:

She looks awesome!

2011 CANADIAN BEAR JK

/l ,[__
]
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode