Breaking News!! ROADRACE MOTORSPORTS 3.8 Turbo System - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 116 Old 02-20-2012, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Breaking News!! ROADRACE MOTORSPORTS 3.8 Turbo System

The Cats out of the bag. RoadRace Motorsports will be debuting the RRM 3.8 JK Turbo System at the 50th Annual Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari. We have been working very hard on developing great products for the JK Jeep consumers.We nailed it with our Power Pack intake and piggy system, wich has been a very noticeable power gain. The Turbo System has been in the developing stages for over 6months. We are not new to the turbo world, we have ridden this rodeo many of times. Our resume says it all. With Sema , KOH, and keeping up with the demand of our production and orders filled, we only have less than 12 days to TDS. We will try to answer as many questions as we can, and also provide pics. So if your a 3.8 JK owner and your planning to go to TDS , let us know so you can get a birds eye view and hopefully a ride in our 3.8 Turboed powered JK. We will be hard at work so please understand if we cannot answer all your questions right away..

Thank You and hope to see you on the trails!!!!!

Road///Race Motorsports (562)906-0080 10am-5pm PST Toll Free Order Line 855-891-1898

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

or our
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 116 Old 02-20-2012, 05:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

How are you looking to overcome the masses that believe either a turbo or a manifold will crack from the turbo due to water, mud or blah blah blah? I'm not one of them mind you, I've just seen all the post over and over again. Funny how just about all of the rally cars have been running them with no issues. And you may also want to add in something technical that shows how a turbo can be designed to produce whatever amount of boost no matter how lightly you tap the skinny pedal.

Sorry over 60 emails today and hiring in over 25 people that have selective hearing, I've buttered up as many statements today as i could today and am worn out so I'm just throwing it out there.

Interested to see how this goes, I had a corrado g60 with about 37k in it, I almost converted to turbo before I took the ridiculous offer that was put in front of me.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

post #3 of 116 Old 02-20-2012, 06:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Dang, a part "introduction" thread without pics? specs? The mobs with torches and pick-forks are collaborating. But I'll take it easy because my JK is in your sig link

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 116 Old 02-20-2012, 06:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

So now we know who is behind the turbo rumors. Interesting we will need so much more info.
post #5 of 116 Old 02-21-2012, 07:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I see you are in Cali. Is this going to be CARB legal?
post #6 of 116 Old 02-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Rock God

I'm also curious to see how this thing will be routed...

2009 Deep Water Blue Wrangler Unlimited X
37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on KMC Machetes
Synergy 3" Coils/Rancho 9000XL Shocks
Currie Antirock
Yukon 5.13's
Sleeves/Gussetts
JKS Rear Trackbar
ProRock 44
Front/Rear ARB Air lockers
post #7 of 116 Old 02-21-2012, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
Dang, a part "introduction" thread without pics? specs? The mobs with torches and pick-forks are collaborating. But I'll take it easy because my JK is in your sig link
LOL, thanks for being understanding. With us being on the west coast and the 50th TDS around the corner. It will be the last big offroad round up locally to test and show the general public this system. We will show pics and specs as soon as we get a chance to sit and post. We have numerous RRM turbo systems for various OEs. We just felt it would be great to let the cat out of the bag since our power pack NA system has been a huge seller. So please be patient and we guarantee another great JK product coming out of the RoadRace compound...

Road///Race Motorsports (562)906-0080 10am-5pm PST Toll Free Order Line 855-891-1898

or our
post #8 of 116 Old 02-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Rock God

Garage

Im thinking you need a test mule (Jeep) up in the Pacific Northwest....what do you think guys?

post #9 of 116 Old 02-21-2012, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
Im thinking you need a test mule (Jeep) up in the Pacific Northwest....what do you think guys?
trust us Boosted, you will be contacted when we need the test mule...for sure..

or our
post #10 of 116 Old 02-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Rock God

Garage

post #11 of 116 Old 02-21-2012, 11:27 AM
JKowners Vendor

Looking forward to seeing it!

RK
post #12 of 116 Old 02-21-2012, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

hey all this is DC. Since this is a turbo thread I thought I'd post this very recent article by The Winding Road. They voted our Turbocharged Suzuki Kizashi #3 in a top 10 scariest cars driven of 2011 amongst some VERY strong company.

http://www.windingroad.com/articles/...s-from-2011/#3

From a personal standpoint, I can't wait to see what kind of power we can get out of the JK's. This is just one example of a Road Race turbocharged vehicle. There are other vids available of other vehicles we've turbocharged through our Youtube channel.

or our
post #13 of 116 Old 02-21-2012, 01:46 PM
trw
Granite Guru

If you need a JK to test out the system in high heat, low altitude, and humidity of the south (granted you guys have cracked the '11 encryption).........

2011 JK, made the year before we all die, warranty be damned.
post #14 of 116 Old 02-22-2012, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

yes we have cracked the thingamajiger. LOL we will put it to the test next week at Sea level and hopefully great California low desert heat climates. Theres a ton of room on the 3.8s, but due to upper control arms cyclying we are keeping in mind of the suspension cyclying...

or our
post #15 of 116 Old 02-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to Yamaha90

And should a test subject be necessary in the great lakes region i'm available to sacrifice a few hours of installation for a thorough review. I commute 60+ a day and she's a DD.

Very interesting article! Leaves for high expectations!

Mike
F/R Rubicon Axles
3.5 Rock Krawler X-Factor
Poison Spyder Crusher Flares
17x10 AE Beadlocks
37x12.50R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
WTO Hydro-Assist
JE Reel F. Shaft 1310
Poison Spyder Brawler Mid Front Bumper
JCR Offroad Crusader Rear Bumper/Carrier
Poison Spyder Armor & Rocker Knockers
6" KC Slimlites

post #16 of 116 Old 02-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Granite Guru

I'll find you guys at TDS, I'm interested in checking it out. Good on your guys for blazing your own trail.

2011 Green JK Rubicon Unlimited Purchased 10/18/2011
Previous Jeeps include a 99 TJ Rock Crawler, 74 CJ-5, 06 TJ Rubicon, and a 2001 TJ

post #17 of 116 Old 03-24-2012, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Little tease shot. Things are going well here. Not just Jeep but operations in general. Installs, projects, product development.

or our
post #18 of 116 Old 03-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Rock God

Finally a front mounted turbo! If money wasn't so tight I would have done this with some modified GN hardware, looking forward to seeing the finished product. If you need an extreme heat test mule let me know, we usually have more than 100 days over 100 degrees out here and my Rubi is a driven everyday.

Mike
post #19 of 116 Old 03-26-2012, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Thanks Lamar, We are working hard on getting this Boosted product done. We have been so busy with all of our other Hi priority products. We will soon have this prototype finalized within the next week. stay tune for the out come of this Boosted product. Along with dyno specs and real world driving input...We appoligized for not keeping up on this thread, but our customers orders always come first.

or our
post #20 of 116 Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We appoligized for not keeping up on this thread, but our customers orders always come first.
As it should be.

Mike
post #21 of 116 Old 03-28-2012, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Yes Mike this project got pushed backed. But the good news is our techs are back on it and its scheduled to be on our dyno for this friday...

or our
post #22 of 116 Old 03-28-2012, 01:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Whats a ball park figure for a kit like this?

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #23 of 116 Old 03-28-2012, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

The price is unknown at this moment. The game plan is to test the JK through real world conditions, and to also see the real numbers this turbo puts out. IMO I wanna see how the 3.8 reacts to our design. We are well aware of whats out on the market for the JK, so with that in mind I can honestly say the price will be affordable. But we will not offer this as a product if we are not 100% with how it works and if can be done at a affordable price.

or our
post #24 of 116 Old 03-30-2012, 04:14 AM
Wheeler

interesting, i like to keep my 3.8 in my 2 dr just because... though having more power on tap is a good thing. i daily drive my jeep so the system will have to work well in all kinds of conditions 365 days a year.

post #25 of 116 Old 03-30-2012, 06:51 AM
Granite Guru

If an east coast tester is needed, I would happily volunteer. That looks very promising

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode