Will 35s fit with the TF leveling kit. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-18-2012, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Will 35s fit with the TF leveling kit.

I have found what looks like a good deal. My only issues is will they fit. I have installed the leveling kit with spacers front and back. The kit it measured 2" in the front and 1" in the rear. I measured 1.25 all around. Will these tires fit on stock rubicon wheels and my set up?

Thanks in Advance.
http://louisville.craigslist.org/pts/2826450984.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-18-2012, 07:32 AM
Granite Guru

I fit 35s on my Rubicon with no lift but did trim my flares which gave me about 2" of clearance, so you should be good with the lift but will be limited to articulation

Blacked out 07 JKUR, safari straps, Treadwright 35's on stock rims and Spydertrax spacers, stubbied front bumper, trimmed flares, 2" body lift, 2" spacers in front with 1" spacers in rear, Gen Right Tire carrier, more to come!
post #3 of 15 Old 02-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Rock God

On stock wheels you will need wheel spacers.

Message spread by Paul Revere

Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 02-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Rock God

You will need the wheel spacers. You absolutely must remove the flimsy lug retainer clips when installing wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels.

Regardless of whether you run a leveling kit, you will need extended bumpstops if you drive it off level pavement.

If you run flat flares and a 1" body lift, you need to add 1" rear extended bumpstops.

If you run flat flares and no body lift, you will need 2" rear extended bumpstops. This isn't advisable unless the rear suspension has at least 1" lift--either taller springs or a leveling kit that includes a rear coil spacer.

If you run no body lift and stock flares, you need 2.5" front and rear extended bumpstops. This usually corresponds to running a 2.5" or taller lift--coil spacers or taller springs.

Shocks limit suspension down travel. Bumpstops limit suspension up travel.

You could run 4" springs with flat flares and still rub in the rear off road if you don't extend the rear bumpstops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 15 Old 02-18-2012, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks guys, this site is the best!!!!
post #6 of 15 Old 02-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Granite Guru

You won't be able to wheel it though...I have 4" of lift and 35's and when fully flexed my tires are deep into my fenders and in danger of ripping them off if I give it too much skinny pedal.

2012 Unlimited
dropped and locked, low and slow!
post #7 of 15 Old 02-18-2012, 07:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
You won't be able to wheel it though...I have 4" of lift and 35's and when fully flexed my tires are deep into my fenders and in danger of ripping them off if I give it too much skinny pedal.
Thats why you need extended bumpstops. I would think 3 inch extended for a 4 inch lift on 35s.

2008 Black 2Dr 6spd D30/44
RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
post #8 of 15 Old 02-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
I stated the amount of bumpstopping needed for 35s above.

35s with stock flares and no body lift requires at least 2.5" front and rear.

Last edited by planman; 02-18-2012 at 09:19 PM.
post #9 of 15 Old 03-23-2012, 11:46 PM
Rock God

Here's a shot of my Jeep with 35s, trimmed fenders, Teraflex leveling kit. Still need to add bumps.

post #10 of 15 Old 03-24-2012, 07:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAUMAhead View Post
Here's a shot of my Jeep with 35s, trimmed fenders, Teraflex leveling kit. Still need to add bumps.

like the wheels

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #11 of 15 Old 03-24-2012, 10:54 PM
Rock God

Thanks, was gonna go with Level 8 Trackers/Mickey Thompson Classic style, but it seems like every other Jeep has them.
post #12 of 15 Old 03-26-2012, 04:58 AM
Granite Guru

You will have to flat fender or add extended bump stops for sure if you wheel it.

This is stuffed 305/67-17 on stock bump stops and flares. 35's would not have stuffed.

'12 JKU, 6 speed, short arm lift, tires, wheels, winch, stubby, tire carrier, armor, blah blah blah...
post #13 of 15 Old 03-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Rock God

Garage

I wheeled the piss out of mine on a Teraflex level lift, longer shocks, and 35s. It wasn't ideal and it rubbed the flares, but didn't see any damage anywhere. With a bit of bumpstop you'll be fine.
If you get some flat flares or trim your stock flares, you'll be fine without new bumpstops, depending on shock length. The only time I had an issue for not having bumpstops on 35s, level lift, and flat flares, was when my wife was driving 45* across a very steep creek and flexed the rear right tire into the bumper. All was well until she quit listening to me and put it in reverse, at which point the tire grabbed the top edge of the rear bumper and buckled it a bit.

34x10.50-15s, level lift, longer shocks, flat flares, stock bumpstops.

35x12.50-15s, level lift, longer shocks, flat flares, stock bumpstops.

All in, I wouldn't recommend 35s on level lift unless you go with flat flares or trim your stockers. You can bumpstop the shit out of it, but then you'll constantly be bouncing off the bumpstops and won't get nearly the articulation you could.

1988 Wrangler YJ, Q78-15s, some of this, some of that...
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited, EcoDiesel, RWD...
2013 RAM 1500 4x4, more buttons that I'm usually allowed to touch...
2007 JK X, just getting started...
post #14 of 15 Old 04-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAUMAhead View Post

How are the front fenders fastened after the trim? Could you possibly post a pic showing underside of fender? I just picked up a set of 2012 fenders and want to trim them for my 2008 Sahara. Not sure how or what to use to fasten back on.

2008 JKU Sahara, Auto, 513s, TeraFlex performance leveling kit, 33" BFG ATs,
LOD Stubby front bumper, OR-Fab rear sheetmetal bumper,
Rugged Ridge 8.5k winch w/synthetic rope.

The voices in my head aren't real, but sometimes they have good ideas!
post #15 of 15 Old 04-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Wheeler

I have a leveling kit, 35's, and 1.5" wheel spacers. I wheel it and the only place it rubs is on the lip of the fender flare when fully flexed and turning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode