Rent a Jeep Camper: Input? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Rent a Jeep Camper: Input?

Exploring some ideas and looking for some brutally honest feedback:

Would you rent something like this?
Interesting to note: with all of the stuff you take off before you put this thing on, the net weight gain over a stock rig is only about 300 pounds!

What would you expect (or be willing) to pay?
Just for frame of reference, an equivalent Earthroamer sells for about $150K-$250K, and a rental 19-ft. (non 4x4) RV runs about $160/day.

Link to site: http://actioncamper.info/details.php?ktid=4&artID=7

Pic:
Attached Images

Nena Barlow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

That would be cool but how long to get your money back? Even at $250 a day it would seem to take 5+ years? What if they flopped on the devils staircase? That wouls be bad

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #3 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Rock God

Garage

This Jeep doesn't have an antenna.
Attached Images

"Sweet ain't as sweet without the sour"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

LOL! They won't be doing the Stairs, Jason! And we already rent our Rubicons for $275/day without any camping accessories, and weekly rates ranging from $800-$1750. I would think no one would rent one for a day--maybe 3-day to multi-week intervals.

Nena Barlow

post #5 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

I think it would be better to use the JK habitat.

http://www.adventuretrailers.com/jkhabitat.html

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #6 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post

^^^^^^

Oh yeah!

That rooftop habitat is tits.

That thing in the OP looks like a Jeep got all drunk one night and fucked a sprinter van.

post #7 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post

That rooftop habitat is tits.
I like it because you can retain the factory antenna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post

That thing in the OP looks like a Jeep got all drunk one night and fucked a sprinter van.
Attached Images

"Sweet ain't as sweet without the sour"
post #8 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUJeep View Post
I like it because you can retain the factory antenna.
The antennae of Jeeps is serious shit.

Well now THAT looks like a golf cart got all plowed on 151 and fucked that same sprinter van. That sprinter van slut sure gets around.

post #9 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

ROFLMAO! Well, I did ask for "brutally honest"! Okay, so whatever option there is, the most important thing is the antennae--got it!

Nena Barlow

post #10 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

I think jason's idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #11 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Rock God

No matter what antenna I wouldn't do it. Renters are fucking idiots!
post #12 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Rock God

too much, wrong (ab)user

dan does have a way with words

I agree wiht Jason too, regular rig with roof top tent could be a big hit. but the earth roamer thing gives me images of robin williams types absolutely trashing it like in that movie...but I am guessing you see that all day..then again I might consider it if it came with a kegerator and AC! and a few dirtbikes on a trailer.......

oh yeah sedona, scratch the kegerator and put in a sauna

Last edited by Catfish; 02-16-2012 at 04:38 PM.
post #13 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post

^^^^^ This one, YES all day!

The other one, hell no. It looks like they tried to cram to much crap in a really small space. I'm one for simplicity! And the first one seems like the trailer on the back with all that inside would bring the COG up higher and then you'd be risking a flop from unruly renters.

-Scott S.-

'07 2Dr Silver Rubicon
post #14 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Rock God

It's definitely different. Doesn't really look a ton of storage for such a big conversion.

"I'm just a big hairy American winnin' machine" - Ricky Bobby
post #15 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I think its a good idea. I can see a small group of guys / gals going out with their own rigs but having that rental along for the night. Not everyone likes tent camping.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #16 of 19 Old 02-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep School View Post
LOL! They won't be doing the Stairs, Jason! And we already rent our Rubicons for $275/day without any camping accessories, and weekly rates ranging from $800-$1750. I would think no one would rent one for a day--maybe 3-day to multi-week intervals.
Maybe for a HS Prom night.

i think you'd get people wanting to rent to it. people rent campers, pop-up campers, smaller RV's, etc. IDK, maybe $300 or so per day?

I honestly could see this used for week long camping trips, Mtn Bike trips, etc.

What about doing something like the AT FlipPaq type setup?

2016 JKU
post #17 of 19 Old 02-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Rock God

Garage

I could see it being used as a support vehicle for a longer trip, but it really is good awful ugly.

If I was to rent a Jeep for a week for camping, I would prefer a roof top tent and cooking over a fire, or a coleman stove.

Crossing the line from an offroad vehicle to an RV. No roll cage worries me with all that weight up top.

Ryan

BAM. Me, "wonder what that was?" Tom, "pretty sure it was the top of something coming into contact with the bottom of your Jeep."
Jersey
Crew
post #18 of 19 Old 02-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Wheeler

Its definitely cool, but i could see it rolling off the road into oak creek canyon.
post #19 of 19 Old 02-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Rock God

Think it is a good idea but go for the Habitat with antenna. Adventure trailers makes some good Chit.

Courtesy of Hit - "You should only fuck the fuckable.. to fuck the unfuckable or to un-fuck the fuckable is like crossing streams in Ghost Busters"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode