Offroad Bumper for 2012 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-15-2012, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Offroad Bumper for 2012

Has anyone heard any info on whether Mopar will ever deliver any Offroad Bumpers for the '12 JK's? Mainly, the ones with the winch mount...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Rock God

Interesting first post.

The frame is the same so the original mopar bumper should work. (might have to relocate the stupid vac thing)

If you are talking about the metal bumper that is on the MW3 jeep. That is an AEV bumper.

Why care if it's mopar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Maybe they just corrected your ridiculous mistake. Who the fuck orders chrome anything?
post #3 of 8 Old 02-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Banned

Welcome to the JKO show. I believe HIIK has it right.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Rock God

Garage

OP is accurate too; mopar accessory bumper is not available currently. The bumper on the MW3 is not available for purchase as an accessory (as told by my dealer so who knows). But I have had the mopar offroad bumper with fogs/winchmount/brushguard) ordered for over a month and they can't get any more info about its status. They can't find any expectd delivery dates for the bumper so idk if they're on backorder or what but I want the damn bumper bc my '12 gets in soon.

"With all due respect sir, I believe this will be our finest hour"
post #5 of 8 Old 02-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Granite Guru

I checked into them also, the only thing I could get was a price from the Dealer. Damn they are expensive
post #6 of 8 Old 02-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Wheeler

AEV told me the JK premium front bumpers they sell direct and to Mopar (same bumper with brushguard etc.) are to be ready the first of March.

I have been waiting for 2 months for mine to come to the dealership and my Jeep arrived 3 weeks ago so I feel your pain.

The other bumper (MW3 type JK tubeless front bumper) is available to purchase directly from AEV but those are on backorder also, same deal. The last 3 they had in stock went to Chrysler about 2 weeks ago.

That's all I have for now, take care.

Mike
post #7 of 8 Old 02-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetipags View Post
AEV told me the JK premium front bumpers they sell direct and to Mopar (same bumper with brushguard etc.) are to be ready the first of March.

I have been waiting for 2 months for mine to come to the dealership and my Jeep arrived 3 weeks ago so I feel your pain.

The other bumper (MW3 type JK tubeless front bumper) is available to purchase directly from AEV but those are on backorder also, same deal. The last 3 they had in stock went to Chrysler about 2 weeks ago.

That's all I have for now, take care.

Mike
Quadratec carries both the regular hoop bumper and the MW3 version... might try calling them to see if they have one in stock. http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...&pn=12049.120X

2012 Silver Rubi. AEV 2.5" lift, JCR Dagger front bumper, Superwinch EPI 9, JCR engine skid, ACE side steps, RR 7" HID lights, Wired HDH switch panel
formerly- 2001 Yellow XJ, 7" longarm, lockers, bumper, winch, armor, lights, etc
post #8 of 8 Old 02-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Rock God

Garage

Stopped in today, parts told me they should be receiving them end of feb or beginning of march

"With all due respect sir, I believe this will be our finest hour"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode