Mag-Hytec diff cover... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-15-2012, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Mag-Hytec diff cover...

Has anyone ever used this diff cover on their Jeep? Will the rear track bar clear it? I have a bb 2.5 lift. Thanks for the help!!

2008 Unlimited Rubicon automatic with 35" KM2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

15" black procomp 8069
Swag Offroad tailgate conversion
OR-Fab Tire carrier with Amo can for straps & tools
K&N cold air intake
Magnaflow exhaust
Alpine iDA-X305S
MB Quart 4 channel amp
MB Quart 6" Components
Pollk Audio 6" components
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-15-2012, 08:36 AM
Rock God

Only installed one and it was on a 07 with a 3.5" RCX kit if I remember correctly. No issues there.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-15-2012, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Also thinking about a G2 aluminum cover for about $130 less than the Mag-Hytec. About 3 times a year I'll tow a 3200lbs trailer for about 4-8 hours at a time. Just wanted to help out my gears in keeping cool under the load. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

15" black procomp 8069
K&N cold air intake
Magnaflow exhaust
Alpine iDA-X305S
MB Quart 4 channel amp
MB Quart 6" Components
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Rock God

Kind of figured that was why you were looking at those because we don't see much demand for them outside of trucks.

Here's another option. Aluminum.

post #5 of 10 Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Rock God

Garage

MagTech stuff is very high quality. For trail rig use...I am not sure now they apply to trail use....

KC

Method Motorsports

Email:
post #6 of 10 Old 02-15-2012, 07:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGET IT View Post
MagTech stuff is very high quality. For trail rig use...I am not sure now they apply to trail use....

KC
My thoughts exactly

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-15-2012, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yeah, that was in the back of my mind, would it survive a direct hit with a rock? Either way I'd keep my stock cover and a couple quarts of gear out in an ammo box for such emergencies. With what I just spent on gears, I just want to minimize a breakdown 600 miles away from home with my trailer.
Has anyone had clearance issues with the G2 cover? After talking to my local 4wheel parts they said it won't work with my Teraflex BB. I looked at the space between my diff cover an rear track bar, and I'm not convince it won't fit. Any thoughts?

15" black procomp 8069
K&N cold air intake
Magnaflow exhaust
Alpine iDA-X305S
MB Quart 4 channel amp
MB Quart 6" Components
post #8 of 10 Old 02-15-2012, 08:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardenasrc51 View Post
Yeah, that was in the back of my mind, would it survive a direct hit with a rock? Either way I'd keep my stock cover and a couple quarts of gear out in an ammo box for such emergencies. With what I just spent on gears, I just want to minimize a breakdown 600 miles away from home with my trailer.
Has anyone had clearance issues with the G2 cover? After talking to my local 4wheel parts they said it won't work with my Teraflex BB. I looked at the space between my diff cover an rear track bar, and I'm not convince it won't fit. Any thoughts?

Well since you asked, I wouldn't buy ANY cover that I felt I needed to carry an "emergency" cover for. The one initially posted is for a pickup or something where heat exchange is a priority (fins). I'd put very little faith in it's rock-resistance.

As far as the aluminum G2, it looks decent, but I just have a mental block about running an aluminum cover at that location. I run Riddlers, they are bomb-proof to say the least. I think if we got Nuke'd we would have Twinkies, roaches and Riddler diff covers lol. I've completely stopped the moving vehicle in it's tracks on the front diff several times. I have absolutely no concerns about their integrity, which is worth a few bucks. I don't think I've ever checked them on the trail, because I know for a fact they are fine.

Just my 2cents.

| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

post #9 of 10 Old 02-15-2012, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yup, I saw the video on the riddlers, the only choice when running over zombies in the apocalypse. Maybe I'll just get those, change my Dino oil every 15,000 and use the heavy duty oil and call it a day. Unless the riddlers also won't fit due to my rear track bar.

15" black procomp 8069
K&N cold air intake
Magnaflow exhaust
Alpine iDA-X305S
MB Quart 4 channel amp
MB Quart 6" Components
post #10 of 10 Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardenasrc51 View Post
Yup, I saw the video on the riddlers, the only choice when running over zombies in the apocalypse. Maybe I'll just get those, change my Dino oil every 15,000 and use the heavy duty oil and call it a day. Unless the riddlers also won't fit due to my rear track bar.
I ran them with just a coil spacer lift for two years. Never touched the track bar.

Sent via paper airplane

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode