2012 Offroad Evolution Oil Pan Skid Plate - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-13-2012, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
2012 Offroad Evolution Oil Pan Skid Plate

Been hearing some good things about Offroad Evolution, and particularly their Oil pan skid plate. Anyone out there have one and could share some knowledge?

http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...rod=EVO-PROTEK

Ryan

BAM. Me, "wonder what that was?" Tom, "pretty sure it was the top of something coming into contact with the bottom of your Jeep."
Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Granite Guru

I just installed mine today and it's very solid, and well made. The install is pretty straight forward. The only thing is the 2 bolts towards the rear of the pan is not fat finger friendly, so if you have sausage fingers like me, it can be a pain to get those last 2 bolts in. Other than that, I'm very happy with it.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-09-2012, 06:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Thanks, Just put a 2012 together for a guy and need a skid!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-09-2012, 06:22 AM
JKowners Vendor

We have sold quite a bit of these. We also have a set coming for our JK. They are great and the price is easy to swallow as well! We have zero complants about these. They are a great option...

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #5 of 8 Old 04-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Granite Guru

Cool, if you find a trick for getting the 2 bolts tightened up please post up. I got mine relatively tight with a pair of needle nose pliers (there's not enough room for a wrench or socket at all).
post #6 of 8 Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Rock God

Garage

Mine have several nicks in the powdercoat from rocks that just happened to go airborne during some obstacles. Could they have dented/cracked the OEM pan? IDGAF because I have the Evo skid. I have a tendency to push my limits and do dumb shit in general, like trying to follow a 6" LA lift TJ with selectables, 4.56s, and 35s through the park. (That was before the RK lift)

I have the full Protec system and strongly recommend it. Ask Jason- it was almost the first thing I did on my rig. I don't hesitate to try an obstacle because I'm confident everything is well protected.

On the other hand, if you have or need exhaust spacers, the Protec is tucked up so tight that the passenger side of the crossover tube can rattle against the crossmember skid at specific engine loads. Some have been able to tweak everything to avoid it. I'm not that lucky, but I also haven't put much effort into it. Just be advised- it may take some fine tuning if you run the Protec system with exhaust spacers.

1988 Wrangler YJ, Q78-15s, some of this, some of that...
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited, EcoDiesel, RWD...
2013 RAM 1500 4x4, more buttons that I'm usually allowed to touch...
2007 JK X, just getting started...
post #7 of 8 Old 04-09-2012, 11:33 AM
JKO Addict!

I'm looking for my '12 also, this one looks good. I wonder what the weight is though - lightness is key for me. I'm also looking at the Asfir since it is aluminum.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #8 of 8 Old 04-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Granite Guru

IIRC, I think the weight on the shipping box said 13 lbs. but I could be wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode