Infinity upgrade option...pffffttt - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-12-2012, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Infinity upgrade option...pffffttt

Anyone wondering whether it's worth it...I don't think so. I just got one in my 2012 Jeep as an option and it doesn't sound near....not even near as good as the KDC-HD545U Kenwood CD receiver with USB interface with the Kickers I had in my 2007 that Best Buy installed...total price about $550 or so.

Its the RES Head Unit with the Infinity 7 speakers...supposedly 368w or something. So now, probably going back to the stereo place to replace the Infinitys with Kickers all the way around.....don't know if I'll replace the head unit or not yet. Don't know much about it but I guess I'll let them tell me.

I just wanted good sound loud enough to hear with the top off at about 65 to 70mph,

OR if anyone has done something simple to improve the Infinity's let me know. I'm thinking just do the Kicker upgrade first and see how that goes. Would appreciate any suggestions though because I can't believe it doesn't even come close to the aftermarket relatively cheap one I had in the 07.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-12-2012, 08:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I haven't messed with the stereo in the JK (yet), but in my experience with previous cars you just aren't going to beat an aftermarket setup. Even on the cheaper side of things, if it's installed by someone competent coupled with some sound deadening material like Dynamat you'll see a vast improvement.

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #3 of 3 Old 02-12-2012, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yep, i thought so. They just discounted the Jeep a good bit and it happened to be in there. Alex at Best Buy Crabtree put the aftermarket stereo and Viper in my 07 and he's very knowledgeable....not just nay installer. I'll be paying him a visit in the next week or so. He put the Kenwood and Kicker in and adjusted everything in the last JK and you could definitely hear it with the top down at 70.

Those Kickers are relatively cheap too and the difference is night and day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode