Wrangler MTR/Ks out of production? Replacement? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 Old 02-07-2012, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Wrangler MTR/Ks out of production? Replacement?

Ok, this is somewhat of a continuation of a thread I started in the Modified Section awhile ago.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65611

Short story, if you don't care to read the thread, is I had DW that was attributed to the 35x12.5R17LT Wrangler MTR/Ks that I was running. Turned out three of the tires were out of round. Goodyear is willing to warranty the three out of round tires at no charge. But according to the district manager this tire, the 35x12.5R17LT Wrangler MTR/Ks is no longer in production and there are no plans to produce anymore. I don't know if it is all the GY Wrangler MTR/Ks or just in this size. Anybody got insight in that?

Goodyear has offered to replace all five tires with something called the Fierce Attitude M/T. Research shows this are made by Dunlap/Goodyear. http://www.fiercetires.com/cfmx/web/...0&use=1&rim=17

Or Goodyear has offered to refund my money for all five tires based on what I paid for them.

Does anybody have any experience with the Fierce Attitude M/T? With the exception of everybody bitching about the stupid ass barbed wire design on the sidewall, there is little I can find online in the way of great information or reviews. Or do I just say to hell with it and get my money back and buy a set of tires from a vendor here on JKO? (hopefully, it doesn't take 6-8 weeks)

I really liked the MTR/Ks and was really looking forward to running them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 Old 02-07-2012, 03:26 PM
JKO Addict!

The MTR/K's are indeed aswesome tires. It's too bad goodyear is retarded... If it were me, I'd take my money back for all five and hit up a vendor here. I'm about to throw some 37x12.5x17 Nitto Trailgrapplers on my rig tomorrow. I hear glowing reviews about them in all conditions. Only con I've heard is that they're heavy.

Greg
post #3 of 52 Old 02-07-2012, 03:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Get your money back and get some Pitbull Rockers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 52 Old 02-07-2012, 03:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
Get your money back and get some Pitbull Rockers!
2nd

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #5 of 52 Old 02-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Rock God

I had them on my old blaZeR2, I liked them but did not keep the rig long enough after they were on to give true feelings.

I do know they would be alot cheaper than the mtrk so id get som money back.
post #6 of 52 Old 02-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Wheeler

Goodyear sucks (not the tires). I wish Toyo or Nitto TG were made in a 40x13.5x17. I agree get your mony back and buy some other brand.
post #7 of 52 Old 02-07-2012, 09:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Take the money & run. There are many rumors about the MT/Rs, one being a durability issue like you experienced, another being loss of production capacity. There is also an issue with supply of KM2s from BFH, possibly related to the MTR/K buyers switching over and BFG not being able to handle the increased demand. Whatever, Goodyear has lost a lot of customers over this and their competition products rep has taken a hit as well.
post #8 of 52 Old 02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Rock God

Interesting, few months ago a vendor said the MTRs were discontinued and I posted and asked if this was true and I thought they were going into production around oct. at this point I'm also looking to replace my tires due to availability issues. I need to search if someone started a thread on tire reviews
post #9 of 52 Old 02-08-2012, 01:14 PM
JKO Addict!

I was lucky enough to actually find 4 35x12.5x17 GY MTRS W K a few months back....I have had no issues with mine, yet that is. They seem to be performing just fine. Were a little difficult to balance but other than that no issues..

2008 Black 2Dr 6spd D30/44
RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
post #10 of 52 Old 02-08-2012, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Goodyear Wrangler MTR/K Update

Called Goodyear today for the refund. The lady I spoke with was very pleasant and helpful after I explained that I wanted a refund. When I mentioned the tires were out of production she looked it up. I'm guessing the production date was just updated recently, but the tires go back into production on 27 Feb and should be available NLT 10-12 March. She mentioned that the word is slow to get out when tires go back into production and not all the dealers pay attention. My dealer was not aware of this and submitted the order for the three tires after I called them back. I'm glad I can wait and can run the original tires and wheels in the interim.

I'm probably a fool for not taking the money, but I really like what I've read about these tires (minus the multitude of issues) and am going to get the three replacement tires. Yeah, I'm drinking the koolaid again.

Hopefully, once the tires are delivered and back on the JK this will be distant memory until something else goes to crap.
post #11 of 52 Old 02-08-2012, 02:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUCKDOG View Post
Called Goodyear today for the refund. The lady I spoke with was very pleasant and helpful after I explained that I wanted a refund. When I mentioned the tires were out of production she looked it up. I'm guessing the production date was just updated recently, but the tires go back into production on 27 Feb and should be available NLT 10-12 March. She mentioned that the word is slow to get out when tires go back into production and not all the dealers pay attention. My dealer was not aware of this and submitted the order for the three tires after I called them back. I'm glad I can wait and can run the original tires and wheels in the interim.

I'm probably a fool for not taking the money, but I really like what I've read about these tires (minus the multitude of issues) and am going to get the three replacement tires. Yeah, I'm drinking the koolaid again.

Hopefully, once the tires are delivered and back on the JK this will be distant memory until something else goes to crap.
Your speaking in regards to the MTRS w K right? As far as I know, there are only a handful of people that have really had problems with them. Other than the availability issue, I think they are probably the best tire around. Certainly the most badass looking!

2008 Black 2Dr 6spd D30/44
RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
post #12 of 52 Old 02-08-2012, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlynch2 View Post
Your speaking in regards to the MTRS w K right? As far as I know, there are only a handful of people that have really had problems with them. Other than the availability issue, I think they are probably the best tire around. Certainly the most badass looking!
Yep, the MTR/Ks. Looking forward to getting the tire issue resolved.
post #13 of 52 Old 02-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Wheeler

I have been running the 35 x 12.50 x 17 MTRK's for a little over a year and they run/ride great, no problems yet! You will like them.
post #14 of 52 Old 02-08-2012, 04:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yeah, if they were available, they'd be on ALOT of rigs right now... mine included. Unfortunately, Goodyear doesn't have a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #15 of 52 Old 02-09-2012, 07:33 AM
JKO Addict!

I think the lesson here is that GY has dropped the ball and other companies have quickly taken up the slack. Thre's no benefit to having "the best" product if you can't, or won't, produce it. It's made worse when you have an owner base out there that is suddenly abandoned. This is essentially failing at customer service 101. The bad word of mouth going on regarding Goodyear will have long term implications.
post #16 of 52 Old 02-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Rock God

Sounds like MTRs are available now!! Just ordered mine from quadratic and should be here next week
post #17 of 52 Old 02-09-2012, 08:08 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
I think the lesson here is that GY has dropped the ball and other companies have quickly taken up the slack. Thre's no benefit to having "the best" product if you can't, or won't, produce it. It's made worse when you have an owner base out there that is suddenly abandoned. This is essentially failing at customer service 101. The bad word of mouth going on regarding Goodyear will have long term implications.
This very reason is why i will not buy a set.
post #18 of 52 Old 02-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomb23 View Post
The MTR/K's are indeed aswesome tires. It's too bad goodyear is retarded... If it were me, I'd take my money back for all five and hit up a vendor here. I'm about to throw some 37x12.5x17 Nitto Trailgrapplers on my rig tomorrow. I hear glowing reviews about them in all conditions. Only con I've heard is that they're heavy.
i've had my trail grapplers on my rig for about 300 miles and i love them! i was in the same boat epicly waiting on the mtr's to either come off of back order or somehow someone somewhere would want to sell a set. i just went ahead and bit the bullet and went with nitto. i heard great things bout the trail grapplers and my buddy has the mud grapplers (as do a lot of folks on this forum) and he loves them. i like the fact that they're very easy to get and they're made in the u.s.a. i would get your money back and tell gy to fuck off!

2011 MANGO TANGO sahara jku....bone stock.
r.i.p.08 jk x steel blue

CALL MARCUS.. NUFF' SAID..
post #19 of 52 Old 02-09-2012, 10:34 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by md_rubi View Post
Sounds like MTRs are available now!! Just ordered mine from quadratic and should be here next week
In what sizes?

Sent from my cardboard box using Tapatalk

Greg
post #20 of 52 Old 02-09-2012, 12:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlynch2 View Post
Been running my 35 X 12.50 X 17's for about 6 months...no problems. Freaking love them in the rocks

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #21 of 52 Old 02-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomb23 View Post
In what sizes?

Sent from my cardboard box using Tapatalk
40".
post #22 of 52 Old 02-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Wheeler

Discount tire said the 37 MTR/K are not available yet......
post #23 of 52 Old 02-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Rock God

Have seven 37's last time I checked.
post #24 of 52 Old 02-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Rock God

I don't know about other sizes but Quadratec has 40 in stock. I want to thank Jeff from AOR for finding one for me.
post #25 of 52 Old 02-09-2012, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkers View Post
Discount tire said the 37 MTR/K are not available yet......
Per Goodyear - they go into production on 27 Feb and should hit dealers about mid-March.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode