Help me decide, AEV Bumper & Rigid Lights - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 02-06-2012, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Help me decide, AEV Bumper & Rigid Lights

I am either going to get:

AEV Premium Front Bumper
w/ Winch Plate & Skid Guard
& WARN 9.5CTI-S
***OR***
AEV Euro Front Bumper with Rigid Industries
w/ Winch Plate & Skid Guard
& WARN 9.5CTI-S

***WITH***

Rigid Industries E-Series 20"
w/ E-Series "U" Cradle
***OR***
Rigid Industries SR-Series 20"
w/ SR-Series "U" Cradle

If I got the AEV Premium Bumper, would it look better with the E-Series filling up more of the Space between the Hoop?
If I got the AEV Euro Bumper, would the SR-Series look better? (I would be able to access the Mopar Hood Lock Kit easier)
***I will also Have Rigid Dually D2's on A-Piller***

Which setup should I go with? And, what was your reason for the choice? If anyone is running either setup pics would be appreciated.

2012 JKUR Bright White - Ordered 2-1-2012, Built 3-7-2012, Arrived 3-9-2012, Picked Up 3-10-12

Last edited by JKashat; 02-06-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 02-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Rock God

you may have a conflict between the rear of the E series bar and that winch. the fins off the back of the led bar stick back a bit. with a M8000 or vr sereis, you just have to add a spacer to raise it up enough to clear...not sure with the 9.5CTI since it sits up higher. you may just have to bring the bar out a little more for it to clear.

2016 JKU
post #3 of 20 Old 02-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Granite Guru

I prefer the look of the Premium over the Euro. To me it matches the body lines better and that Warn will look really good sitting in it, I cant comment on the rigid lights as I've personally never played with them. If you'd like some pricing PM me and I'll help work the numbers out for you so your not breaking the bank

Do you plan on keeping the Stock flares?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 02-07-2012, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail Rated View Post
you may have a conflict between the rear of the E series bar and that winch. the fins off the back of the led bar stick back a bit. with a M8000 or vr sereis, you just have to add a spacer to raise it up enough to clear...not sure with the 9.5CTI since it sits up higher. you may just have to bring the bar out a little more for it to clear.
I didn't realize that there could be a clearance issue. I'll have to do some more investigating. Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuwirth Motors Parts View Post
I prefer the look of the Premium over the Euro. To me it matches the body lines better and that Warn will look really good sitting in it, I cant comment on the rigid lights as I've personally never played with them. If you'd like some pricing PM me and I'll help work the numbers out for you so your not breaking the bank

Do you plan on keeping the Stock flares?
I prefer the look of the premium bumper too. The 2010 jkur I just sold had the premium bumper with warn 9.5ti and ipf lights on it. I was just thinking about changing it up. The new warn 9.5cti-s would go on either bumper. If I did the premium I think I'd want to fill that space under the bar more with the rigid e series (if they clear). I'm not sure the sr series would look right with the premium bumper, would it? If I did the euro, Id get the sr series for a lower profile look and wouldn't have and clearance issues with the hoop partially blocking the molar hood lock kit, and would look cleaner. I will be keeping the stock flares.

2012 JKUR Bright White - Ordered 2-1-2012, Built 3-7-2012, Arrived 3-9-2012, Picked Up 3-10-12
post #5 of 20 Old 02-07-2012, 06:21 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

We had to make some spacers

Warn 9.5TI

Let me know we are a AEV dealer and can get the 20" and the winch too

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #6 of 20 Old 02-07-2012, 06:24 AM
Granite Guru

If you were to do the premium I agree that the E series would look better than the SR series. With the euro I think it has more of an "unfinished" look over the premium which has a more aggressive look and provides better coverage. Especially if your keeping the stock flares, it follows the body lines for a sleeker look.

That white JKU looks good with that rigid bar Jdemonto! I like the look of that over the IPF lights I've seen photos of.
post #7 of 20 Old 02-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Here's a 10" no spacers with the 9.5TI

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #8 of 20 Old 02-07-2012, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
We had to make some spacers

Warn 9.5TI

Let me know we are a AEV dealer and can get the 20" and the winch too

Jason
Jason,
Do you have more (close up) shots of this setup? More specifically, the spacers. Did you guys make those spacers or purchase them? If you made them, would you consider making me a set? If you bought them, who makes them and where can I get some? I like this. Not as much of a fan of the 10" setup. I feel like it's too small in there and would almost rather do two smaller lights. Thanks!

post #9 of 20 Old 02-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Rock God

Would using the cradle with with AEV light mounts put the light in about the same location as using the spacers? I am thinking about adding the 20" bar to my AEV premium too.

Jon

08 Rubicon
post #10 of 20 Old 02-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKashat View Post
Jason,
Do you have more (close up) shots of this setup? More specifically, the spacers. Did you guys make those spacers or purchase them? If you made them, would you consider making me a set? If you bought them, who makes them and where can I get some? I like this. Not as much of a fan of the 10" setup. I feel like it's too small in there and would almost rather do two smaller lights. Thanks!
I can ask I think its just 1x1 sqaure tube pretty easy to make! I think using the aev brackets may put the light into the top bar.

PS Only pics I have of this Jeep

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #11 of 20 Old 02-07-2012, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Threadjacking myself... Anyone got these yet? The NEW Truck-Lite 7" LED Headlight!!!
http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs...tentryId=92026

post #12 of 20 Old 02-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Rock God

Quote:
I think using the aev brackets may put the light into the top bar.
I think I will give the cradle a try since I have the older AEV bumper with the light tabs welded on. If I hit then I will cut them off, and try to fab up some spacers.

Jon

08 Rubicon
post #13 of 20 Old 02-07-2012, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I'm leaning towards the AEV "Premium" bumper with the E-Series 20" Light and the U Cradle. As little as I will need to lock/unlock the hood with the Mopar Hood Lock Kit, I'm not gonna worry about the clearance. I'm also gonna get the Dually D2's for the Lower Windshield. Waiting for the new Truck-Lite 7" LED Headlight to become available before I make my decision on these, or go with the JK Speaker.

post #14 of 20 Old 02-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Waiting for the new Truck-Lite 7" LED Headlight to become available before I make my decision on these, or go with the JK Speaker.
It's already available if you know the right people. Well that and buy a chitload of TL led's. No real improvement from old model. I put one side by side and other than appearance while off no noticeable difference.
post #15 of 20 Old 02-07-2012, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
It's already available if you know the right people. Well that and buy a chitload of TL led's. No real improvement from old model. I put one side by side and other than appearance while off no noticeable difference.

So, in your opinion is the jw speaker a better option?

post #16 of 20 Old 02-09-2012, 06:32 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
So, in your opinion is the jw speaker a better option?
I have never seen the JW Speaker LED. I have the TL LED headlights and I personally like them. They're in my OTR Truck and have been in for 2.5yrs without any issues. I was just saying you can buy the 7" TL LED's right now the new model isn't any better or worse just different lens look.
post #17 of 20 Old 02-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Ok the silver Jeep was using a m8000 thats why we needed the brackets! If you reverse the Rigid mounts they line up with the holes in the bumper! There's no need for a cradle mount at all! This pic shows one we just installed today with a Warn 9.5TI! Its close but you can squeeze your fingers through the gap between the winch and the light for adjustment.

Sorry for the mis-information!

enjoy the pics!

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #18 of 20 Old 02-09-2012, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Ok the silver Jeep was using a m8000 thats why we needed the brackets! If you reverse the Rigid mounts they line up with the holes in the bumper! There's no need for a cradle mount at all! This pic shows one we just installed today with a Warn 9.5TI! Its close but you can squeeze your fingers through the gap between the winch and the light for adjustment.

Sorry for the mis-information!

enjoy the pics!
Awesome! Thanks for the pics and information. That's exactly what I wanted and was hoping for. That's the setup I'm going with. You rock Jason!

post #19 of 20 Old 02-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Awesome! Thanks for the pics and information. That's exactly what I wanted and was hoping for. That's the setup I'm going with. You rock Jason!
Let me know if I can help you out on that light bar

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #20 of 20 Old 04-05-2012, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Let me know if I can help you out on that light bar

Jason
Jason,
Do you know if new holes were made in that AEV Premium Bumper to get the 20" E-Series to fit with clearance of the WARN? I can't seem to get it to work.
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode