Attn Moderators - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 02-03-2012, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Attn Moderators

Please consider doing something with the Classified section.
Breaking up the For Sale/Wanted into different subsections is fine, but if you're going to keep the format this way I think we can get rid of the general category. It doesn't make sense to have both.
Thank you for considering.

In the interest of those who have newer posts in the general For Sale and Wanted categories maybe you could just lock it so noone else can create new title posts or instruct them to use the proper sub-cat for a certain time frame, until such time you can archive or delete them.

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to sleep when I was younger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 02-03-2012, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

To clarify, I don't mean the "for sale- general" and "wanted- general"
I mean The Forum vs Sub Forum.
For example, I just posted in the wanted section in two different places. In the wanted forum that we have historically been using and also posted in the wanted-jeep parts sub forum.
Now I'm starting to confuse myself

post #3 of 30 Old 02-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Garage

The whole thing kinda confuses me.. That is Stub's territory anymore..lol

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 02-04-2012, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
The whole thing kinda confuses me.. That is Stub's territory anymore..lol
Bring it to his attention to fix it or put it back the way it was.

post #5 of 30 Old 02-04-2012, 02:41 PM
JKO Addict!

this is how i see it....just use the god damn search engine if you are looking to buy something.

If you can't find it.... move on

Last edited by Grant211; 02-04-2012 at 02:44 PM.
post #6 of 30 Old 02-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant211 View Post
this is how i see it....just use the god damn search engine if you are looking to buy something.

some of us like to window shop, though...
i look in the for sale section quite frequently just to see what's for sale.. not looking for something in particular all the time, so the search is worthless for just trying to nab some deals...

i agree with the OP... lock the main forums to new posts so people will use the sub-forums and eventually clear out the main ones...

☀lllllll☀ 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk
☀lllllll☀ 2009 Unlimited X
☀lllllll☀ 1985 CJ-7
post #7 of 30 Old 02-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

My suggestion it to create on sub-category for "local pickup only" and then have that divided into regions of the country. I like to window shop for things other members might have in my area, but it's nearly impossible without opening up EVERY thread.

Just a though.

'16 2dr Willys
'15 2dr Sport
post #8 of 30 Old 02-05-2012, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant211 View Post

It looks as though you feel pretty strongly about this, ha? Ya know with the "god damn" and the suicide smiley...
But here's my suggestion: How about you stop flaming someones post? If you don't like it, MOVE ON.

If you are still reading this, then obviously you haven't taken my advice to move on. Maybe you didn't think of it this way, but let me explain something to you. I like to check the Classifieds and I've bought probably 10 things from here that I never knew I wanted until I saw it posted here. This, to me, is one of the things that makes this place so enjoyable. I look forward to the mystery of what I may find there. The only reason I pay for a Red Star is to show my appreciation of what I've just explained.
The bottom line is it does not make any sense to have the forum open for posts with the addition of the sub forums.

post #9 of 30 Old 02-05-2012, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

....and SHAFFER, I like the idea of a "Local Pick Up Only" sub forum, but I'd be interested to see how they broke up the different areas, and if it would be the same as the Regional Forum. I've had some difficulty in the Regional Forum considering that my Region, the "Northeast", is comprised of 12 STATES!

post #10 of 30 Old 02-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Rock God

Garage

I just think the for sale forum needs to be kept as simple as possible. Too many sub threads and such make it complicated. I agree that it either needs to go back to the way it was or the main part of the General for sale thread needs to be locked so the sub threads will be used. As for the local pickup idea, I think maybe don't split it up into another separate sub thread as some people prefer local pickup but may end up shipping if the price is right? So what about creating another box below the title where location is required to be typed in to post and maybe a check box that will appear next to the post for those who want local pickup only. This will make it easy to browse through threads and still be able to see where they are at as well as those who prefer local pickup. Plus, having a bunch of different threads limits exposure as it makes it less likely that some one is going to open 30 different threads just to browse. Personally I'd rather have a few main sub threads like the ones we have now and can just browse through them. it doesn't take that long to read through the titles if you just scroll down the page.

07 X 2dr- 6spd

post #11 of 30 Old 02-05-2012, 10:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I thought is was running just fine the way it was.

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
post #12 of 30 Old 02-05-2012, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun863 View Post
I just think the for sale forum needs to be kept as simple as possible. Too many sub threads and such make it complicated. I agree that it either needs to go back to the way it was or the main part of the General for sale thread needs to be locked so the sub threads will be used. As for the local pickup idea, I think maybe don't split it up into another separate sub thread as some people prefer local pickup but may end up shipping if the price is right? So what about creating another box below the title where location is required to be typed in to post and maybe a check box that will appear next to the post for those who want local pickup only. This will make it easy to browse through threads and still be able to see where they are at as well as those who prefer local pickup. Plus, having a bunch of different threads limits exposure as it makes it less likely that some one is going to open 30 different threads just to browse. Personally I'd rather have a few main sub threads like the ones we have now and can just browse through them. it doesn't take that long to read through the titles if you just scroll down the page.
I agree. And I would be totally fine with putting it back the way it was... if that's an option. Either way, I think that the new way could be improved.

post #13 of 30 Old 02-05-2012, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrogMech46 View Post
I thought is was running just fine the way it was.
Again, I agree.

post #14 of 30 Old 02-05-2012, 04:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

So you posted in both places and then complained there are two places?

Changes due to this conversation:
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...highlight=sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
I will work on it today. Just got back to the office.

Dwayn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Sections done. Will take some time to move everything to appropriate sections.

Dwayn

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.

Last edited by gold knight; 02-05-2012 at 04:10 PM.
post #15 of 30 Old 02-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by angercrown View Post
Bring it to his attention to fix it or put it back the way it was.
X100
post #16 of 30 Old 02-05-2012, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
So you posted in both places and then complained there are two places?

Changes due to this conversation:
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...highlight=sale
Yes, Hooray for you understanding...I posted in both places so if people look at one or the other... again, a pain in the ass. I don't really look at it as complaining, I'm trying to give constructive criticism.
But also, thank you for bringing attention to the fact that things are supposed to be moved to the appropriate sections. I did not know that.
If that is the case the original forum should be locked.

Last edited by angercrown; 02-05-2012 at 09:39 PM.
post #17 of 30 Old 02-05-2012, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjeepr View Post
X100

post #18 of 30 Old 02-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Lemme look into all this... Been a busy couple weeks.

One thing that I am going to say off the bat- Yes... it needs to be simplified.

Not sure about the whole "local pick up only" criteria... as many sellers eventually change their minds, but I will take some time this week to look into simplifying things. Thanks for the suggestions.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #19 of 30 Old 02-05-2012, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Lemme look into all this... Been a busy couple weeks.

One thing that I am going to say off the bat- Yes... it needs to be simplified.

Not sure about the whole "local pick up only" criteria... as many sellers eventually change their minds, but I will take some time this week to look into simplifying things. Thanks for the suggestions.
Cool, thanks!
Maybe just lock the original forum for now, so people have to use the sub-forums?
I dunno, just a suggestion..
Thanks again

post #20 of 30 Old 02-06-2012, 04:07 AM
Rock God

Shouldn't you click on the for sale section then it opens another window with all the sub forums?
post #21 of 30 Old 02-06-2012, 05:00 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjeepxj View Post

some of us like to window shop, though...
i look in the for sale section quite frequently just to see what's for sale.. not looking for something in particular all the time, so the search is worthless for just trying to nab some deals...

i agree with the OP... lock the main forums to new posts so people will use the sub-forums and eventually clear out the main ones...
^This......not looking for anything in particular just looking...
post #22 of 30 Old 02-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

This is what I think would make most sense:

Either- go back completely to the way it was -FOR SALE/ WANTED/ FREE STUFF-

OR...

CLASSIFIEDS

SUB FORUM
For Sale- Vehicles
For Sale- Vehicle parts
For Sale- Other

SUB FORUM
Wanted- Vehicles
Wanted- Vehicle parts
Wanted- Other

SUB FORUM
Free Stuff- Giving away...
Free Stuff- Looking for...

So what do y'all think?

FWIW- I do not like the idea of requiring a "local pick up only" designation. Reason being that many sellers seeking local pick-up, often times find themselves negotiating shipping when the item doesn't draw as much local interest as first expected. Sellers OFTEN change their minds when those items start to collect dust.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #23 of 30 Old 02-06-2012, 12:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Go completely back. It's not like there are that many things getting posted each day, and the "local pickup" people will post a link in their regional subforum anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #24 of 30 Old 02-06-2012, 12:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
So what do y'all think?
Hehe VVV

Quote:
Good idea especially now since the place has grown. My thoughts keep it simple.
1. Jeeps for sale (any model)
2. Non jeep vehicles for sale
3. Jeep parts fs
4. Non jeep parts fs
5. General fs (non-vehicle related)

Same thing for wanted and free. Although probably no need for vehicle section in free.
I think I helped get you into this mess... except the old everything for sale forum didn't get turned off to new thread starters (no idea how complicated that would actually be).

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #25 of 30 Old 02-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Go completely back. It's not like there are that many things getting posted each day, and the "local pickup" people will post a link in their regional subforum anyway.
Thinking the same thing. Much appreciated.

Quote:
Hehe VVV

I think I helped get you into this mess... except the old everything for sale forum didn't get turned off to new thread starters (no idea how complicated that would actually be).
Naw... I didn't read any of your nonsensical ramblings anyway.. lol. kidding.

Yea... I can certainly see trying to clean it up in some regards. As suggested... going back to the old way might be the bast idea, but want to entertain some different ideas.

I have got headaches right now... but this is not one of them. No worries.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode