Can I loan out my Superchips tuner - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 02-02-2012, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Can I loan out my Superchips tuner

I want to loan a buddy my tuner so he can try it before he buys one. Is that going to cause a problem.

2007 Rubicon JKU - Sandstone
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 02-02-2012, 09:40 PM
JKO Addict!

You will have to return it to stock first which is easier said than done..only works on one rig at time..other that I don't see why there'd be problem

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #3 of 17 Old 02-02-2012, 09:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Other than the person you're loaning it to has to return the tuner and their Jeep back to stock before they can give it back to you. So unless they are using it to clear codes....there's no point.

☠ ☠ Don't let fear and common sense stop ya. ☣ ☣
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 02-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Same with the AEV procal. Its vin specific. Does anyone make one that can be used on more than one JK?

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #5 of 17 Old 02-02-2012, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

He just wants to see what the difference is with or without before he shells out for one. Return to stock one click and 100 seconds, simple.

2007 Rubicon JKU - Sandstone
post #6 of 17 Old 02-03-2012, 03:41 AM
Granite Guru

Return to stock to unlock. Loan it to friend to tune/test. have friend return to stock to unlock it again. You can use it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 17 Old 02-03-2012, 05:57 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'd be hesitant to do this simply because, apparently, I'm too stupid to return mine to stock! I've tried and tried, but there's something I'm missing. I did it once by accident, but couldn't figure it out again when I dropped it off at the dealer for work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #8 of 17 Old 02-03-2012, 06:58 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
I'd be hesitant to do this simply because, apparently, I'm too stupid to return mine to stock! I've tried and tried, but there's something I'm missing. I did it once by accident, but couldn't figure it out again when I dropped it off at the dealer for work.
In the list of tunes... 87, tow etc select The stock tune.

Message spread by Paul Revere

post #9 of 17 Old 02-03-2012, 07:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbsjeep View Post
In the list of tunes... 87, tow etc select The stock tune.

Message spread by Paul Revere
Been there, done that. Had it tuned stock, but something was still holding on. I'll try it again at some point because eventually, I'd like to maybe get a Trinity, but I'm not sure when.

Quote:

post #10 of 17 Old 02-03-2012, 07:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
Been there, done that. Had it tuned stock, but something was still holding on. I'll try it again at some point because eventually, I'd like to maybe get a Trinity, but I'm not sure when.
If you used it to disable the TPMS that may be what's mucking up the works. There was a big shit storm about how Superchips isn't real clear that you TPMS function is completely independant from the rest of the tuning. Something to do with liability reasons or some such thing IIRC.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
post #11 of 17 Old 02-03-2012, 08:15 AM
JKO Addict!

I am the one asking to try his superchips we live right down the street from each other , I just been thinking about buying one but I can't see the real benefit in it execpt fixing my speedo , 37 tires and 5.13 gears and I don't have a problem with the way it's running so I didn't want to go out a dump 300 and all it does is fix my speedo
post #12 of 17 Old 02-03-2012, 09:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

So get a $150 pro cal instead
Half the price and it will set speedo n gears if you don't care about the motor tuning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #13 of 17 Old 02-03-2012, 09:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Try it out, i noticed a difference in throttle response when running the 87oct tune that made a huge difference in freeway driving.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #14 of 17 Old 02-03-2012, 10:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post
If you used it to disable the TPMS that may be what's mucking up the works. There was a big shit storm about how Superchips isn't real clear that you TPMS function is completely independant from the rest of the tuning. Something to do with liability reasons or some such thing IIRC.
For some reason, I haven't been able to download the "disable TPMS" program onto my unit. I just deal with the light on the dash. It goes well with the other 3 or 4 lights that're on right now anyway.

The tire pressure is set at whatever it comes at... 37psi, I think.

Quote:

post #15 of 17 Old 02-03-2012, 10:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee1669 View Post
Try it out, i noticed a difference in throttle response when running the 87oct tune that made a huge difference in freeway driving.
See this is what I am wondering about , I don't care about my speedo off
post #16 of 17 Old 02-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Rock God

Thought about the Bullydog instead? Still VIN tied, but you can use it on other make and model vehicles once you return it to stock.
post #17 of 17 Old 02-03-2012, 10:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepaddons-chris View Post
Thought about the Bullydog instead? Still VIN tied, but you can use it on other make and model vehicles once you return it to stock.
But he'd have to find another friend with a bullydog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaker View Post
I am the one asking to try his superchips we live right down the street from each other , I just been thinking about buying one but I can't see the real benefit in it execpt fixing my speedo , 37 tires and 5.13 gears and I don't have a problem with the way it's running so I didn't want to go out a dump 300 and all it does is fix my speedo
I can't remember is yours an auto? A lot of people have commented on improved shift points back where they should be with it and the speedometer corrected.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.

Last edited by gold knight; 02-03-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode