Your new vehicle is scheduled for production - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-02-2012, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Your new vehicle is scheduled for production

So while I was driving out to the range to get the dope on some new hand loads and I got an email. The subject... Your new vehicle is scheduled for production. Now it's been a couple weeks since I placed my order at the dealership and I was getting a little antsy, having heard nothing as of yet, so needless to say, I was pretty stoked.
No real purpose of this post other then to share my excitement with fellow fanatics. And perhaps to shout out to anyone in the Daytona Beach area. Definitely be looking for people to get dirty with.

Pain is the patients' problem...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Congrats man! I've never special ordered one but I'm sure its exciting and hard to wait!

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 02-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Granite Guru

Congrats man. We just placed our order on January 31. Can't wait for those emails to come in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 02-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Granite Guru

lucky you
I had to wait 14 weeks to get mine
but that was last year
post #5 of 12 Old 02-02-2012, 08:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Congrats!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #6 of 12 Old 02-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Coonasian

Garage

Congrats, man! Waiting has to be a bitch but worth it in the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
post #7 of 12 Old 02-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askmattwhat View Post
So while I was driving out to the range to get the dope on some new hand loads and I got an email. The subject... Your new vehicle is scheduled for production. Now it's been a couple weeks since I placed my order at the dealership and I was getting a little antsy, having heard nothing as of yet, so needless to say, I was pretty stoked.
No real purpose of this post other then to share my excitement with fellow fanatics. And perhaps to shout out to anyone in the Daytona Beach area. Definitely be looking for people to get dirty with.
Good for you. Just remember - scheduled for production - means the parts have been collected only.
It might be several weeks more before it actually gets on the line. Once that happens, things move fast. 40 hours to build and out the door.

Then everything is in the hands of the train or truck service.

Have fun!
Be patient!
post #8 of 12 Old 02-04-2012, 01:18 PM
lbh
Rock God

I drove a 2012 JKU Rubi today and have to say I really liked the motor and was surprised at how much of an upgrade it really was. Mine felt like a dog driving home. You get into that "trade in mode" but the time and money lost, I would be better off upgrading to the ls or hemi whihc is in the near futrue. Congrats.

2007 JK
post #9 of 12 Old 02-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCourtney View Post
Good for you. Just remember - scheduled for production - means the parts have been collected only.
It might be several weeks more before it actually gets on the line. Once that happens, things move fast. 40 hours to build and out the door.

Then everything is in the hands of the train or truck service.

Have fun!
Be patient!
Yep, I had about 11 days in between my "confirmed order" email and my "scheduled for production" email. I'm hoping things move quickly now...its been 6 weeks since I placed my order!

Congrats on your order and these emails definitely do help

"With all due respect sir, I believe this will be our finest hour"
post #10 of 12 Old 02-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Wheeler

The anticipation for your special order adds to your final appreciation for your ride. Once it is scheduled the build is usually very quick. They really know how to build JEEPs in Toledo. Kudos to all the staff.
Oh ya - don't forget to ask your sales rep to save you your window sticker when it comes in. As well as listing all the vehicles specifics it also states it was built for YOU - with your own name on it. A nice souvenir you don't get buying a ready built from dealers stock.
post #11 of 12 Old 02-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Granite Guru

My order has said that for 4 weeks now.

'12 JKU, 6 speed, short arm lift, tires, wheels, winch, stubby, tire carrier, armor, blah blah blah...
post #12 of 12 Old 02-06-2012, 07:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by legi0n View Post
lucky you
I had to wait 14 weeks to get mine
but that was last year
I may have you beat by a few. Ordered Easter weekend 2007 and didn't get into production before the year model changeover. Factory cancelled and dealer had to reorder as an '08 and it arrived August 8, 2007. They called to let me know it was there but I had to wait til the next day so they could do the dealer prep. I think that 24 hours was longer than the whole rest of the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2canoe View Post
The anticipation for your special order adds to your final appreciation for your ride. Once it is scheduled the build is usually very quick. They really know how to build JEEPs in Toledo. Kudos to all the staff.
Oh ya - don't forget to ask your sales rep to save you your window sticker when it comes in. As well as listing all the vehicles specifics it also states it was built for YOU - with your own name on it. A nice souvenir you don't get buying a ready built from dealers stock.
Yeah mine was laying in the seat, never stuck to the window since it's not for sale. Yours should come the same way.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode