JcrOffroad JK Dagger Review by Krawl-Offroad - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 01-31-2012, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

JcrOffroad JK Dagger Review by Krawl-Offroad

As a new dealer of JcrOffroad, we recently had the chance to take a detailed look at their new Dagger Series front bumper lineup for the Jeep Wrangler JK. These guys are new to the JK market but not to the offroad world, they’ve been one of the largest names in the Cherokee bumper market for nearly 9 years! We were pleasantly surprised when we got the chance to see what they came up with first hand as JCR sent us out one of the first ones off the line to test fit on our very own 2007 KrawlOff-Road.com JK. We were sent their JK Front Stubby Dagger Stinger Winch Bumper with the taller stinger option that includes supports.

Delivery Day: This is how it came off the brown truck, wrapped up in packaging material. Nothing fancy but just enough to protect it during shipping.

One of the BEST stickers on the outside of the packaging was this one:

All of JCR’s products are handmade in Kalamazoo Michigan and they are built very well. All of JCR’s products come shipped in bare steel. This way, you can finish it off as you see fit. Here is what it looked like all unwrapped:

The welds throughout the entire bumper are nice and clean. Pictured below is one of the shackle tabs that come standard on every JCR bumper. They did a great job with cleaning up all the areas of the bumper so there was minimal that needed to be done prior to powder coating/painting.

On the back of the bumper you can see the provisions for the winch, factory fogs, and the bumper mounting locations. It uses the same 8 bolts to mount as does the stock JK bumper. One nice thing (as you can see) it comes with all hardware to mount the bumper and the fog lights with.

Next step, was a simple test fitting! Here, we got to see how nice the lines of this bumper flowed with the stock lines on the JK. Also, the fit of the factory frame rails was spot on! No adjusting or guess work here. It went right on without any issues!

Here is where you can see what some would call a downside to the bumper. With the slim design, you can see the stock crash bar is still on our JK. This bumper does not interfere with it at all but it does not hang as low as the crash bar. So, if you don’t cut it off, you will be able to see it. Another option is to opt for the additional lower bumper skid offered by JCR. We will deal with that one later… next up, paint!

There are many finish options; Powder coating, bedliner, automotive finish or good old spray paint, to name a few. We opted to rattle can the bumper as we use our JK on the trail and it is not a mall crawler. It wouldn’t make sense for us to spend the money on the powder coating if we are just going to have to go back in and touch it up or refinish it. We put down 3 coats of self etching primer followed by 3 coats of textured flat black. After leaving it to dry overnight, the next step was mounting the fog lights. This is where the second issue came in. We had to enlarge the mounting holes on the fog light housing just a bit to make them fit on the Ľ” mounting studs on the bumper. Here is what it looked like all mounted up!

Here, you can see what we ended up doing with the crash bar for now. We cleaned it and painted it to match the bumpers finish.

We are quite pleased with the outcome. This is a great addition to the JK. It has the aggressive lines that most guys look for with a fit and finish to match. JCR did their homework with this one and looks like they have found a nice spot in the JK market! We find that this bumper will be a good deal at $399.00 (+$50 for tall stinger and gussets). JCR also has flat rate shipping on all there items. This bad boy ships for $90.00 anywhere in the USA! Also, this is just one of the few that JCR has just released. If you would like to see more, or have any questions fallows these links: WWW.jcroffroad.com or www.KrawlOff-Road.com.

Also, special thanks to Brian and the crew over at JCROffroad for giving us the chance to check out your new offerings to the JK world!

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 864-437-8029
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 01-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Rock God

Garage

Wow! If they'd had this out two months ago I very well may not have a PSC Brawler Lite!

1988 Wrangler YJ, Q78-15s, some of this, some of that...
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited, EcoDiesel, RWD...
2013 RAM 1500 4x4, more buttons that I'm usually allowed to touch...
2007 JK X, just getting started...
post #3 of 31 Old 01-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Granite Guru

One of the nicest bumpers I've seen.Please let everyone know when they appear on your site. Interested as to how many variations will be offered, I'm sure they must make it without the stinger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 01-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Rock God

Garage

Ringo, check the site- they offer numerous options. I can attest to JCRs quality from past experience with their Cherokee products. Very good company and Jason can surely get you ordered on anything they offer with no hassle!

post #5 of 31 Old 01-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I like the look of this one. Another US made product, that's very cool.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #6 of 31 Old 01-31-2012, 04:13 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I just want to add that along with the obvious quality seen here, they have great service. They have communicated with me through the entire build, they honored the 5% off coupon code two days after order, and have already shipped my bumper. Ordered last Friday, already shipped! Unbelievable! Big kudos to these guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #7 of 31 Old 01-31-2012, 04:54 PM
Rock God

Website appears to be down. Just a heads up. Bumper looks awesome!

2011 Cosmo blue Unlimited Sport- stock for now.
post #8 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 04:19 AM
Rock God

Can I get a side shot of that bumper installed? curious to see how far out it extends from the front. Looks nice though!

post #9 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGO View Post
One of the nicest bumpers I've seen.Please let everyone know when they appear on your site. Interested as to how many variations will be offered, I'm sure they must make it without the stinger.
Sure thing! We are working to get all of their new items up on our site. We have quite a bit there already. JCR has them up on their site though. If you see something there, we can most certainly get it and maybe even help you out on the prices! We can get anything they make...

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage View Post
Website appears to be down. Just a heads up. Bumper looks awesome!
Ours or JCR's? If it is ours, the server has been having trouble keeping up with the traffic! LOL I need a IT guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribal4krawler View Post
Can I get a side shot of that bumper installed? curious to see how far out it extends from the front. Looks nice though!
Sure, let me see what I can get for you!

-Jason

:

post #10 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Here, see if this helps...

-Jason

:

post #11 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 06:13 AM
Rock God

thanks sir!

post #12 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

No problem! If you need or want to see anything else, please let us know!

-Jason

:

post #13 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Rock God

Just checked out the dagger with pre-runner bar. I've been thinking a brawler lite was in my future, but that thing is tits!

Aaron
2008 JK Unlimited Rubicon
post #14 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Rock God

Garage

They definitely seem to be a top notch company. I'm looking at picking up an XJ as a DD, I'll be giving them a call for sure.

'07 2 door Rubicon Steel Blue & Black 2 Tone
PROUD to be an
post #15 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 12:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wow, pretty sweet looking bumper and I agree with the post above...this will give the PSC stuff a run for their money.

What's the downside to cutting off the lower crash bar???

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #16 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Rock God

Garage

I HAVE a PSC Brawler Lite with a custom stinger and grill hoop... and I'm very strongly considering selling it to go with the JCR bumpers front and rear. This is a very nice piece of work.

Jason, can you please get a shot from farther back so we can get a better idea of a panned-out view?

post #17 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snksknr94 View Post
Just checked out the dagger with pre-runner bar. I've been thinking a brawler lite was in my future, but that thing is tits!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post
Wow, pretty sweet looking bumper and I agree with the post above...this will give the PSC stuff a run for their money.

What's the downside to cutting off the lower crash bar???
Yes, I think it might just do that! The crash bar is there to help keep cars from going under the JK when in wreck, or to keep them out of the motor. There is a lot of compaines that ditch the crash bar. In the begining, it stuck out like a sore thumb with all the mud that was on it but when we cleaned it up and painted it, it really didnt look that bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKrazed View Post
They definitely seem to be a top notch company. I'm looking at picking up an XJ as a DD, I'll be giving them a call for sure.
They make nice XJ stuff as well! Let me know and we can make it happen. I am trying to get the rest of there stuff up on our site...

-Jason

:

post #18 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshmeat View Post
I HAVE a PSC Brawler Lite with a custom stinger and grill hoop... and I'm very strongly considering selling it to go with the JCR bumpers front and rear. This is a very nice piece of work.

Jason, can you please get a shot from farther back so we can get a better idea of a panned-out view?
Sure, my friend! How about something like this:

-Jason

:

post #19 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 01:42 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
Sure, my friend! How about something like this:

-Jason
That stinger looks great! Thanks for all the pictures! Mind if I add mine to your review when it comes next week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #20 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Rock God

Garage

Anyone want a Brawler Lite with custom stinger and grill hoop?

post #21 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
That stinger looks great! Thanks for all the pictures! Mind if I add mine to your review when it comes next week?
Sure, feel free to post them up!

-Jason

:

post #22 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Rock God

Garage

they make great stuff! have been looking at purchasing bumpers for my xj and was going to go with something else for my jk. but now with this new line up of jk bumpers i think i'm just going to go with them for everything! plus everything is very reasonable priced.

2011 MANGO TANGO sahara jku....bone stock.
r.i.p.08 jk x steel blue

CALL MARCUS.. NUFF' SAID..
post #23 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Rock God

Garage

Looking at it on my laptop (instead of iPhone) it really doesn't appeal to me as much. The stinger is too upright for me. If it leaned forward a few more degrees this thing would be 10x more appealing.

post #24 of 31 Old 02-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Granite Guru

Nice write-up Jason..these guys are putting out some nice stuff.

a.k.a. Christian - 2011 Black Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
37" MTRK, RK 3.5 X-Factor (3-Link Rear) and other stuff..
Owner/Manager -
and other Web Properties

post #25 of 31 Old 02-02-2012, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshmeat View Post
Looking at it on my laptop (instead of iPhone) it really doesn't appeal to me as much. The stinger is too upright for me. If it leaned forward a few more degrees this thing would be 10x more appealing.
Really? I can try to get a better picture of it to show the angle. It is about average I would say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJeepGear.com View Post
Nice write-up Jason..these guys are putting out some nice stuff.
Thanks buddy!

-Jason

:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode