Future Jeepers of America - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-31-2012, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Future Jeepers of America

Picked up my son from daycare yesterday in the Jeep with the top down... Had a small audience when we walked out. Half scattered when I opened the door to get in. My favorite remark I overheard: "I wish my daddy had a Jeep that cool!"

1988 Wrangler YJ, Q78-15s, some of this, some of that...
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited, EcoDiesel, RWD...
2013 RAM 1500 4x4, more buttons that I'm usually allowed to touch...
2007 JK X, just getting started...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-31-2012, 12:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice. Can't wait for spring so we can do some more top off riding.

I was taking the two oldest grandkids to school the other morning, first time since the lift and I noticed they had a tad more trouble getting in than usual but the grab handles saved the day.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #3 of 11 Old 01-31-2012, 01:18 PM
JKO Addict!

My kids (12 and 9) love being dropped off at school in the Jeep. My youngest goes to elementary school and they have older kids that open the car door when you pull up. It's funny to watch the kids scramble to get to open the door for my son.

They also have "Community Night" at local restaurants. Families go to the restaurant for dinner and the restaurants donate some portion of the proceeds to the PTO. The kids insist on taking the Jeep and they usually try to trick me into cruising around the parking lot sdo everyone can see them in their Jeep. It's cool.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-31-2012, 04:17 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

My kids in college and he loves it when I roll up in my JK at the frat house or the fire house. Kids of all ages love Jeeps

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #5 of 11 Old 01-31-2012, 05:01 PM
Rock God

my daughter just turned 5 and when she first got in the jeep we told her that you could take the top off. It totally blew her mind. Cant wait for the summer time to get here. She wants to go on "Jeep adventures."

2011 Cosmo blue Unlimited Sport- stock for now.
post #6 of 11 Old 02-01-2012, 04:24 AM
Rock God

Dont have any kids of my own but I think my favorite experience has been getting out at the grocery store and seeing a little kid tug on his mom's pants, "look at that mommy, its so big!"
post #7 of 11 Old 02-01-2012, 05:39 AM
Rock God

My son (2.5 yrs old) only wants to ride in the Jeep. He calls wheeling jumping because the water breaks at URE. He also wants the top down all the time even if it is raining. LOL

09 Rubicon Unlimited on 42's with some stuff

post #8 of 11 Old 02-01-2012, 10:35 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abadjeeper View Post
My son (2.5 yrs old) only wants to ride in the Jeep. He calls wheeling jumping because the water breaks at URE. He also wants the top down all the time even if it is raining. LOL
And Parker was potty trained on the trail!!

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #9 of 11 Old 02-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Banned

Yep, my Jeep is incredibly popular with the 3-5 year old demographic. Also fun is seeing the wistful lusty glances from the guys hopping out of their honda pilots and other minivan clones...

Even more fun to roll up in the summer (no top down livin in Feb here in the NE) with the half door uppers in the back, ORH top rolledup and the radio blasting for pick up... I get a TON of dirty looks from those poor bastards

My favorite exchange so far was a kid in my daughter's class staring at it as I was dropping off awhile back. Kid says to the dad: "Daddy, why don't we have one of those?" I managed to hear Dad's reply: "I don't know son. I just. Dont. Know."

Kid's parents moved to another daycare, so I never got to find out if he got the Jeep.

Last edited by Dancin Dan; 02-01-2012 at 10:44 AM.
post #10 of 11 Old 02-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Rock God

Garage

I picked up my ex's son from elementary school a few years back with the doors and top off, and the kids were saying to him, "you're...so...lucky!" He got a kick out of it.

Chuck
2009 JK Unlimited X, mostly stock with a K&N filter.
post #11 of 11 Old 02-01-2012, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

I took off my doors for the first time Monday last week and my 7yo son just about exploded when he walked out the front door of the daycare. Every day since then he's just about dropped to the ground in a fit when he walks out and sees the doors on, but I'm not driving this sucker doorless in the rain!

1988 Wrangler YJ, Q78-15s, some of this, some of that...
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited, EcoDiesel, RWD...
2013 RAM 1500 4x4, more buttons that I'm usually allowed to touch...
2007 JK X, just getting started...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode