2012 MW3/AEV Euro Front Bumper and WARN PowerPlant Winch? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-26-2012, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

2012 MW3/AEV Euro Front Bumper and WARN PowerPlant Winch?

A nearby dealer has a Silver MW3 Unlimited on the lot and I noticed some differences on the Front bumper compared to my AEV Premium Front Bumper.

1st, and most obvious was the lack of the hoop. I know AEV carries the Euro Style bumper that doesn't have the Hoop, but are there more differences?

2nd, the MW3 front bumper looked to have more clearance between the back of the bumper and the grill. I'm guessing this was for easier removal of the Grill.

3rd, it looks like the Winch Delete Panel on the MW3 front bumper attaches different (mounts underneath & is bumped up to be flush as opposed to a flat piece that sits on top and screws down).

4th, the Winch opening on MW3 front bumper is different shape (Rectangled opening vs Rectangle w/ notch on pass. side).

Does anyone know if the MW3 version of the AEV bumper is the same exact bumper as the AEV "Euro" Bumper, or if in fact there are these differences? I have seen the Euro Bumper at AEV in Wixom, but didn't pay that much attention at the time.

If they are the same EXACT bumper, then my next questions aren't necessary. If they are in fact different (MW3 vs AEV Euro Front Bumper), then are they the same gauge steel, or is the MW3 Thinner? What about the rear bumper? Is it the same, minus the water storage, or different (thinner gauge steel as well)?

I know that the MW3 hood looks like the AEV Heat Reduction Hood (minus the side and top ventilation), but is in fact a thinner gauge steel.

With the observations I made to the MW3 Front bumper, I finally get to my question... WILL THE MW3 FRONT BUMPER FIT A WARN POWER PLANT WINCH?

Thanks in advance!

2012 JKUR Bright White - Ordered 2-1-2012, Built 3-7-2012, Arrived 3-9-2012, Picked Up 3-10-12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-26-2012, 08:51 PM
JKO Addict!

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the MW3's bumper and the Euro style AEV are identical....I think since AEV needed the tubeless ones made for Jeep, to make a bunch to make their own profit off of...no idea on the PowerPlant though, sorry.

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
Maybe we should all post the thing? He prolly won't ban us all. You go first Dave
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-26-2012, 09:49 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

NO! It can be modified to work though

Jd

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-27-2012, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
NO! It can be modified to work though

Jd
Any idea what kind of modifications are required to make that happen?
Pics please!

2012 JKUR Bright White - Ordered 2-1-2012, Built 3-7-2012, Arrived 3-9-2012, Picked Up 3-10-12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode