Look what the man in brown brought!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Look what the man in brown brought!!!

Man I am so stoked! Discount tire direct is the best. I ordered these on monday and here they are already. They gave me a good deal on these because I was wanting the KM2's (more for weight savings, both are excellent tires) but they could not get them in so he gave me these for the price matched price he quoted me on the KM2's and threw in the black splined lugnuts for free!

Now hopefully I can get the time to put my spacer lift on and get these bad boys mounted up sometime this week! I went and got the rough country BB even though I know it's not the greatest out there. I got the rear track bar bracket and longer rear swaybar endlinks also. I got the cheaper BB because I'm planning on next year sometime upgrading to a nice upgraded coil setup like teraflex, RE or someone like that.

Oh and another great thing about dtd is these things came packed like they were going to war! I spent probably 45 minutes just getting all the tape, cardboard and straps off of these! Great job dtd!

Mine: 07 Unlimited Rubicon. Red rock crystal. RC 2.5" spacer lift. 35x12.50 mtr/k's mounted on 15x8" black mb72 wheels. Riddler diffs covers, PSC evap skid. Sleeved, gusseted and skidded front axle.

Hers: 05 WK limited 4.7, Midnight blue pearlcoat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Rock God

I guess they aren't back ordered anymore?

EX-Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew

Find us at www.disconnectedoffroad.com
post #3 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Put the camera down and go put them on your ride dude...

corey d
2008 JEEP...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 02:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42 MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #5 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I gotta get the lift on first. I was gonna go to my friends either tonight or tomorrow to use his garage and have an extra set of hands but he's sick as a dog and I'm just getting over a nasty one myself. I might try and get it on this weekend though even though I have to work.

As far as backordered goes the guy told me this was the next to last set they had and that the KM2's didn't even have an eta date! I don't understand why these two tires are in such high demand yet niether bfg or goodyear seem to be making more than a few a week if that because EVERYBODY is backordered?? One place you might wanna check is with Jason at Krawloffroad. He said he had the mtr/k's in stock in this size, he just couldn't match the price I got these for.

Thanks for the compliments guys! Also, is it wrong to LOVE the smell of new tires?!?!? HA HA HA

Mine: 07 Unlimited Rubicon. Red rock crystal. RC 2.5" spacer lift. 35x12.50 mtr/k's mounted on 15x8" black mb72 wheels. Riddler diffs covers, PSC evap skid. Sleeved, gusseted and skidded front axle.

post #6 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Granite Guru

Nice sure wish brown accidentally delivered them to me

2011 Mango Tango Rubicon Unlimited
2.5 Teraflex coil lift with shock adapters, poison spyder brawler light bumper with skid, xrc 8 comp winch
post #7 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

HA HA HA my wife, our checking account and I wish these were delivered by accident too! Really for all that I got it was a really good deal. $1,261 m&b and shipped with black splined lugnuts.

post #8 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 03:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumptruckRich View Post
I guess they aren't back ordered anymore?
This size wasn't backordered for a couple months now. It seems just about every other size of the mrt/k's are on backorder though.

Greg
post #9 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 03:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice!!! You're gonna love em'.

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #10 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Rock God

Garage

Congrats on the tire.

One note on the splined lugs. Don't use an impact on those little bastards. I use an impact for 90% of things especially on tires; I did it with out thinking. They are round off easily and the sockets are not high quality.

All the local auto parts stores only had the chinese crap. Broke two sockets trying to get the lugs off after I striped a few. Then I had to order the better brand socket from 4wd.com. Long story short I threw them away and got 3/4" hex black lugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual_mage View Post
.....a dark forum, were people would sometimes be rude but yet be helpful.
JK 2dr rubi

post #11 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajkrubi View Post
HA HA HA my wife, our checking account and I wish these were delivered by accident too! Really for all that I got it was a really good deal. $1,261 m&b and shipped with black splined lugnuts.
don't forget to post pics bet it is gonna look sweet. Still wish they came here lol but in time I will move up

2011 Mango Tango Rubicon Unlimited
2.5 Teraflex coil lift with shock adapters, poison spyder brawler light bumper with skid, xrc 8 comp winch
post #12 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Nice, great tire.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #13 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thank you guys! Yeah I am excited to get them on and I only use good ole arm power to put my lug nuts on with and I do all my own rotations and everything. If I do have it in a shop for anything (like being inspected) I'll be sure to let them know to not use an impact. I'm sure they still will though because most of them are lazy morons. Hence the reason I do my own work.

post #14 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Granite Guru

Nice!!

sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk..
post #15 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Rock God

I had mine put on at discount tonight, they ride awesome!!
post #16 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 06:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice, will 15" wheels clear the brakes!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #17 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Rock God

Yep.
post #18 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Granite Guru

You are running 15" rims with a jk

2007 Rubicon JKU - Sandstone
post #19 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 06:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You'll be glad you went with those over the KM2's. I loved my Kevlars when I had them, but couldn't find them in 38, 40, or 42 when the time came to go bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #20 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I've been told I'll like these a lot better than the km2's. I really liked these better anyway but I was trying to stay as light as possible since my rubi it's an auto and I'm not gonna be able to re gear for probably about a year.

post #21 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Rock God

I love my MTR/K's I would not run any other tire. I have 15" soft 8's and the same tire auto 3.73 gears and have no complaints.

I'd put those bad boy's on unless you plan on some heavy wheeling they will be fine with out the lift till you can get to it.

Best Two Guy's in the Buisness!
Jason at KOR

Marcus at RCO

Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
post #22 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Rock God

1275 is a hell of a deal.

Jersey

Crew
post #23 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yes it was! The guy at dtd really hooked me up. I really like them a lot and all the research I did between the two (I've been reading review after review for weeks now) the mtr's usually came out on top. Plus a lot of guys that do some pretty heavy wheeling up here almost all run them with no issues. Plus I think short of the pitbulls and swampersi think they are the baddest looking tire made! I wonder how many times through the life of these tires I'm gonna here "hey your passenger side tires are mounted backwards, they're directionals" from people? Lol To be 100% honest I thought the same thing the first set I saw! Ha ha ha

post #24 of 38 Old 01-25-2012, 10:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Love my mtr/k's. They've been awesome on and offroad. Trying to sell this exact setup right now actually to move up to some 37's though!

Greg
post #25 of 38 Old 01-26-2012, 06:33 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I have been very impressed with the MTR/K's. My only word of advise - rotate every 3k miles. They will last longer!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode