ORH or trektop nx - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
View Poll Results: Should I save up for Offroad Heros or pull the trigger on Bestop Trektop NX?
Offroad Heros Cargo (I love the look of the SUT) 6 85.71%
Bestop Trektop NX (I love the sunrider option, and price) 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 01-25-2012, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

ORH or trektop nx

I just sold my ORH Top because i needed some quick cash and well i have that taken care of now, and need some advise.

Should I save up and go back with ORH or is the new trektop nx a good buy?

What are the "honest" opinions of trektop nx owners?
Pros/Cons
Any info would help, I dont want to waste the cash on bestop if its not anywhere near as good as Tim's Tops

And on another note anyone have one of Tim's newest Cargo tops yet?
Has he fixed the leak problem in around the roll bar on the deck cover?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 01-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Granite Guru

I don't have either. But hope to get the ORH top one day
post #3 of 26 Old 01-25-2012, 07:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i had the first gen trektop and then replaced it with the nx and was very happy!!!

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42 MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 01-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Rock God

I have the ORH top fastback style...should have gotten the dual top option as the SUT style is pretty cool. Works great as a bikini style too, great fit and quite weatherproof. I swap to my hard top in winter which should keep teh ORH top lasting longer. It is def worth the wait.

Tom

2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
ORH soft top, Procomp 7069's,Poly Performance leveling spacers
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, PSC Evap Skid, CB, Hi-Lift

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 26 Old 01-25-2012, 07:22 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have the ORH top on all year round and love it ...I've seen the NX and it looks cool/well made. I understand it's a bit of an engineering nightmare to install, but very solid once it's on.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #6 of 26 Old 01-31-2012, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Pulled the trigger on another ORH cargo top, Tim says end of feb... I'll keep posted
post #7 of 26 Old 01-31-2012, 06:46 AM
Granite Guru

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Hemo

It does take a while to get an ORH top but I love mine. It is tight, doesn't leak, looks good, etc... If you're not in a hurry it is a great way to go.

2008 Rubi Unltd RR Roll Cage - Limb Risers - Evap Skid - Diff Covers PolyPerf HD Ball Joints Reid Hi Steer Knuckles RK 3.5" Triple Threat PRO Longarm Rebel F & R Coil Overs sPod Mini Shrockworks Rock Sliders - Rear Bumper w/ Tire Swing Xenon Flat Flares ORO Onboard Air BD Dual Battery 5.13 Gears 35" BFG KM2s Warn VR12000 Winch Safari Straps Everything Tuffy Security Drawer
post #8 of 26 Old 01-31-2012, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemo View Post
It does take a while to get an ORH top but I love mine. It is tight, doesn't leak, looks good, etc... If you're not in a hurry it is a great way to go.

Yeh I've already had one and it was hard to think of goin back to bestop after having one, since having the 1st gen trek top I know why they called them rag tops.... ORH is by far superior top
post #9 of 26 Old 01-31-2012, 10:26 AM
RIP Brad

Garage

Worst Jeep purchase yet..... the ORH top. As long as you can wait, deal with a crackhead that lies more than he breaths, and then pray you'll NEVER need the thing warranted, get the ORH, but if you want to buy from a reputable company, buy the Trektop. You do realize Besttop is the OEM for Jeep tops, right?
post #10 of 26 Old 01-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Rock God

Garage

thanks for posting this im debating between the two right now...

"Eat Liquid Gold"
post #11 of 26 Old 01-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Granite Guru

I had the first gen trektop and it was a pice of shit. that being said I now have the NX and I love it. They really thought this one out and the sunrider is easy and quick for a little air. I also like how the rear sail windows come out and make in an instant Bikini top.
post #12 of 26 Old 01-31-2012, 12:07 PM
Rock God

Garage

I can only speak for the NX but I love mine.

2008 Rubicon Unlimited | Rescue Green | OME Long Travel HD Lift | Raceline Monster Beadlocks | 39.5 Irok Bias Tires| 5.13 Gears | PSC BFH Front Bumper | PSC Flares | PCS Crusher Corners |PSC Rock Brawler Rear w/tire carrier | Warn 9.5ti | ARB High Flow On Board Air | sPOD |Rock Hard Sport Cage | Poly High Steer Kit | Poly Front Track Bar Brace | Alloy Chromoly Rear Axle Shafts
post #13 of 26 Old 03-03-2012, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Update: ordered my cargo top on
1-30-12 and arrived 3-1-12.
Tim is on top of his game, I haven't installed yet because the beast is getting power windows and locks installed as we speak but as soon as she gets back I will get it installed and pics posted to show the new design.
post #14 of 26 Old 03-03-2012, 05:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlo_jklivin View Post
Update: ordered my cargo top on
1-30-12 and arrived 3-1-12.
Tim is on top of his game, I haven't installed yet because the beast is getting power windows and locks installed as we speak but as soon as she gets back I will get it installed and pics posted to show the new design.
Thats good news....

enjoy!
post #15 of 26 Old 03-04-2012, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks ... I know I will
post #16 of 26 Old 03-04-2012, 05:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abendx View Post
Worst Jeep purchase yet..... the ORH top. As long as you can wait, deal with a crackhead that lies more than he breaths, and then pray you'll NEVER need the thing warranted, get the ORH, but if you want to buy from a reputable company, buy the Trektop. You do realize Besttop is the OEM for Jeep tops, right?
Sooooo what are you saying here?

2008 Black 2Dr 6spd D30/44
RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
post #17 of 26 Old 03-04-2012, 05:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I like the NX and i heard ORH is a GREAT product swell!!!! get the one you like the best!!! thats the only way it will work!!!!

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42 MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #18 of 26 Old 03-04-2012, 05:59 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to D5Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlynch2 View Post
Run a search on ORH on here. You will find tons of info. The short version is that ORH is a very high quality product, however customer service, wait times, and follow through with issues on their part has been less than stellar.

Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Poison Spyder BFH w/ trail stinger, custom rear BFH, crusher flares, rocker knockers, evap skid, hood louver. Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, Teraflex rear tire carrier, River Raider cowl snorkel,Warn VR 10,000 lbs winch, sPod, Rigid 50"SR.
post #19 of 26 Old 03-04-2012, 06:12 AM
V8 dreams

Ready to see pics. I have the trektop version right before the nx. And a buddy has the nx. Both r good tops, but I'm not sold on how the nx folds back, as my version just rolled back and was tighter for highway driving.

Vandy

2010 Silver JKU
post #20 of 26 Old 03-04-2012, 08:42 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D5Fire View Post
Run a search on ORH on here. You will find tons of info. The short version is that ORH is a very high quality product, however customer service, wait times, and follow through with issues on their part has been less than stellar.
Tim from ORH has been stocking more tops and has been making his claimed wait times. If you can get a top that's in stock, some folks have gotten them in two weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #21 of 26 Old 03-04-2012, 08:57 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
Ready to see pics. I have the trektop version right before the nx. And a buddy has the nx. Both r good tops, but I'm not sold on how the nx folds back, as my version just rolled back and was tighter for highway driving.

Vandy
the nx folds back 10000000000 times better then the stock soft top does and i loved my NX treetop!!! if only i didn't want the third row and the ease of the square back i would've kept it!!! the NX is a very sturdy design!

-Marc

Coming up:
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42 MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #22 of 26 Old 03-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlynch2 View Post
I think that hes saying that buying the ORH top was the worst buying experience. The ORH tops are great, but the company is hard to deal with and notorious for taking forever to get the top to you.

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #23 of 26 Old 03-05-2012, 07:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have one for sale in MD.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70706

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #24 of 26 Old 03-05-2012, 08:04 AM
Wheeler

Go with the trektop nx. I ordered a top from Tim 2 yrs ago and I"m still waiting for it to arrive. Tim swears to me month after month mine is the next one he"s building. Finally broke down and got the trektop i"ve been running it for 3 weeks and love it.
post #25 of 26 Old 03-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Rock God

Garage

Looks like you've already made the decision, but I love my NX. I've never seen an ORH top in person. The ORH looks very nice in the pictures, but the NX seems more of an integrated design, whereas the ORH is more modular. For instance, the NX sunrider top can be opened with one hand, sitting inside the Jeep while stopped at a red light in about 5 seconds. It doesn't look like the ORH can do that. The NX also has integrated rain channels on the door surrounds that deflect most of the rain on the top from pouring on you when you open the door. It looks like you'll get wet with the ORH.

2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited, 6-speed, White
1985 CJ-7, 4-speed, 258 I-6, 3" Springs, 33" BFG AT, Gunmental Gray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode