Noob questions about 2012's and JK's in general - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 01-24-2012, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Send a message via Yahoo to AJMBLAZER
Noob questions about 2012's and JK's in general

Howdy folks.

Never owned a Jeep myself but have been around them. Looking for a new DD that isn't eating me alive in repair work and leaking on my floor. Been considering small crewcab 4x4 pickups, small SUV's that aren't soccer mom oriented, and others. Never thought about the Wranglers much until I started noticing how well the 2012's and the 3.6L are getting reviewed in the 4x4 mags. So I started comparing them and the Wrangler keeps looking better and better with the new power and mpg numbers, discs all around, the 5 speed auto, and honestly the fun of a removable top and the offroading abilities.

I'll be honest and say I'm not going to build it up and beat on it offroad. Done that with lots of vehicles in the past and at 33 I'm just not as interested. Thousands of dollars spent, had some fun, ruined some vehicles, and now I just don't feel the desire to do it. However the ability to get out to remote shooting areas, drive through deep snow, and get around the rutted, muddy parking lots at work are still high priority. I'm not considering the little car based SUV's because of this.

General considerations for me are space and capability. Like to be able to tow a moderate sized single axle trailer (ton maybe?), haul a couple adults plus me around, use it to road trip without hating the experience (I'm from Michigan and my brother is in St Louis, MO so going to see anyone involves 5+ hours on the freeway), carry my stuff, and not give me reliability issues.

Lastly, I won't be lifting this or putting large (33" and bigger/wider) tires on it. Not going to be for offroading. Been there, done that, just not into it anymore. Kinda have to hand in my mancard a little but I'm just not into it any more. Other hobbies I indulge more now (guns, dogs, the gf, etc). This will be a capable DD that can hopefully fit my needs well and still give me the ability to get back to a shooting spot, do a little two tracking if the mood hits me, NOT BE BORING, get around the ruts and mud of the back fields at work if I have to, and get me to work in the winter.

1. How are the new 3.6L engine and 5 speed auto trans working out? I hear everyone likes them in the magazines but how about owners? I'm a big fan of sticks but I have to admit my knee and ankle would appreciate it if I didn't have to use them so much in the daily traffic commute.

2. How's the gas mileage? Is the 17-21mpg they keep claiming accurate? It'll remain stockish and I'm thinking the 3.73 gears and maybe a step up to 31's or so if the mpg won't take a big hit. Those 225/75R16's look tiny in those big wheel wells. Do the 3.73's affect the mpg's much vs the 3.21's? How about 31-32's with the 3.73's?

3. How's the interior space on the 2 doors? I'd consider a 4 door Unlimited but frankly don't know if I need all that space and...to be honest...they scream to me "big vehicle, tiny tires" unless they have much larger tires on them. Meanwhile I don't want to feel crammed in and not be able to carry what I need on a road trip. 2 dogs in the back seat eat up cargo room. Can adult males comfortably ride in the backseat?

4. How are they as far as road tripping goes? I've owned plenty of horrible road mannered vehicles so I'm not expecting a Mercedes Benz quality experience but I don't want it to bounce around and be a loud roar the whole way. I find myself getting fatigued by the loud exhausts, tire roar, and engine rattle I used to just a few years ago.

5. How does one go about getting a hard top? I noticed on Jeep's website's vehicle builder the Sport doesn't seem to have the option for a hard top.

6. I know the powertrain is mostly new, but how different is the rest of the vehicle for 2012? Mainly wondering about things like accessories, interior stuff, tops, and the like. I won't be building a rock crawler but I will accessorize/modify to my tastes.

7. How's general drivability? I have owned 20+ year old fullsize trucks and Geo/Chevy/Suzuki Trackers/Vitaras lately so I'm not looking for a sports car but I want to be able to keep up in traffic and enjoy the nimbleness of the Trackers/Vitaras.

I'm sure I'll have more questions and thoughts. Thanks in advance and for reading my ramblings.

No JK yet. Doing research.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 01-24-2012, 07:51 AM
Wheeler

My 2012 4dr is awesome, I have the 3.73s and average around 20-22 on the highway around 17 in town. Haven't driven a 2dr but the 4dr ride is smooth. The power is great and does what it needs. As far as room, 2dr with 4 adults including yourself is about all you'd fit. Get the 4 dr if you're planning on towing or carrying passengers plus gear/suitcases, dogs. The best thing you can do is drive on over to the jeep dealership and test drive them. Oh the hardtop is on most jeeps you'll find.
post #3 of 20 Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 AM
JKowners Vendor

My answers in pink...

1. How are the new 3.6L engine and 5 speed auto trans working out? I hear everyone likes them in the magazines but how about owners? I'm a big fan of sticks but I have to admit my knee and ankle would appreciate it if I didn't have to use them so much in the daily traffic commute.
The 3.6 and 5-spd auto are wonderful! Like night and day over the '11's and older. Go auto!

2. How's the gas mileage? Is the 17-21mpg they keep claiming accurate? It'll remain stockish and I'm thinking the 3.73 gears and maybe a step up to 31's or so if the mpg won't take a big hit. Those 225/75R16's look tiny in those big wheel wells. Do the 3.73's affect the mpg's much vs the 3.21's? How about 31-32's with the 3.73's?
Gas mileage---hahahaha! Honestly, I am running 37"-tires on my 4-door and haven't used the 2-door on the highway enough to know if the mileage is any good. If you are set on a Sport, get the 3.73's, and the 255/70/17 wheels--it won't look silly, and you will actually be able to leave pavement with it if you want to.

3. How's the interior space on the 2 doors? I'd consider a 4 door Unlimited but frankly don't know if I need all that space and...to be honest...they scream to me "big vehicle, tiny tires" unless they have much larger tires on them. Meanwhile I don't want to feel crammed in and not be able to carry what I need on a road trip. 2 dogs in the back seat eat up cargo room. Can adult males comfortably ride in the backseat?
You used interior space and 2-door in the same sentence. Ha! The back seat of the 2-door is strictly for decorative purposes. If any adult ever needs to ride in the back, and/or you have dogs, you really need the 4-door.

4. How are they as far as road tripping goes? I've owned plenty of horrible road mannered vehicles so I'm not expecting a Mercedes Benz quality experience but I don't want it to bounce around and be a loud roar the whole way. I find myself getting fatigued by the loud exhausts, tire roar, and engine rattle I used to just a few years ago.
They are great. About the only other SUV with good road manners, about the same gas mileage and interior capacity, and adequate off-pavement capability you might look at is a Nissan Xterra.

5. How does one go about getting a hard top? I noticed on Jeep's website's vehicle builder the Sport doesn't seem to have the option for a hard top.
You can order it with the hard top. Perhaps only on the Sports with the power/convenience group?

6. I know the powertrain is mostly new, but how different is the rest of the vehicle for 2012? Mainly wondering about things like accessories, interior stuff, tops, and the like. I won't be building a rock crawler but I will accessorize/modify to my tastes.
The only other major change was the interior starting in '11. What specific questions about accessories? Lots of outlets...

7. How's general drivability? I have owned 20+ year old fullsize trucks and Geo/Chevy/Suzuki Trackers/Vitaras lately so I'm not looking for a sports car but I want to be able to keep up in traffic and enjoy the nimbleness of the Trackers/Vitaras.
Like I said, I have 37's on my 4-door and it is still very road-friendly. Compared to earlier generations of Jeep, the '12 JK is a Cadillac.

Happy shopping!

Nena Barlow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 01-24-2012, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Hey, thanks for the answers.

My 4dr vs 2dr debate is kinda internal.

2dr you get smaller, more nimble, lower weight so little better mpg. Then there's the lower cost.
4DR I get much more space at the cost of some of the pluses of the 2 dr and costs more.

I have come to like my small little SUV's and most of the time it's just me and some tools in it, maybe one more person and some additional stuff.
However I don't want to keep finding myself needing something more than what I have. Been there before with vehicles and it sucks. Dunno if I'll always be able to depend on using a hitch carrier or my trailer for cargo duties.

Need to see what's on the dealer lots around here and do some test driving. Got months though. This won't happen until summer at the soonest. Waiting until my continued employment is assured after our re-bid.

The accessories question is mainly just regarding all the little crap you end up buying to improve your vehicle. Not necessarily lift kits and drivetrain components but floormats, seat covers, window vents, tops, and anything that might be affected by changes in the suspension, body, interior, etc.

post #5 of 20 Old 01-25-2012, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

chirp chirp...

post #6 of 20 Old 01-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Wheeler

Garage

I've had a two door Wrangler in the past but now I'm already on my 2nd 4 door JK Wrangler and I would never go back to a 2 door.

The 4 door rides way better on the freeway for a 5 hour trip, has room for people AND gear, plus the rear seat folds forward good enough to sleep in the back if you want to. The aftermarket makes everything you need accessory wise and the new 5 speed tranny is what convinced me to move up from a 2008 to a 2012.

My 4 door is a keeper, you should get whatever one you want and enjoy the club!

post #7 of 20 Old 01-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMBLAZER View Post
Howdy folks.

Never owned a Jeep myself but have been around them. Looking for a new DD that isn't eating me alive in repair work and leaking on my floor. Been considering small crewcab 4x4 pickups, small SUV's that aren't soccer mom oriented, and others. Never thought about the Wranglers much until I started noticing how well the 2012's and the 3.6L are getting reviewed in the 4x4 mags. So I started comparing them and the Wrangler keeps looking better and better with the new power and mpg numbers, discs all around, the 5 speed auto, and honestly the fun of a removable top and the offroading abilities.

I'll be honest and say I'm not going to build it up and beat on it offroad. Done that with lots of vehicles in the past and at 33 I'm just not as interested. Thousands of dollars spent, had some fun, ruined some vehicles, and now I just don't feel the desire to do it. However the ability to get out to remote shooting areas, drive through deep snow, and get around the rutted, muddy parking lots at work are still high priority. I'm not considering the little car based SUV's because of this.

General considerations for me are space and capability. Like to be able to tow a moderate sized single axle trailer (ton maybe?), haul a couple adults plus me around, use it to road trip without hating the experience (I'm from Michigan and my brother is in St Louis, MO so going to see anyone involves 5+ hours on the freeway), carry my stuff, and not give me reliability issues.

Lastly, I won't be lifting this or putting large (33" and bigger/wider) tires on it. Not going to be for offroading. Been there, done that, just not into it anymore. Kinda have to hand in my mancard a little but I'm just not into it any more. Other hobbies I indulge more now (guns, dogs, the gf, etc). This will be a capable DD that can hopefully fit my needs well and still give me the ability to get back to a shooting spot, do a little two tracking if the mood hits me, NOT BE BORING, get around the ruts and mud of the back fields at work if I have to, and get me to work in the winter.

Can't speak to the auto, but my manual with the 3.6 rocks. I went from an 09 2 door auto to a new 4 door manual. night and day difference indeed.

I honestly think if you drive very conservatively, you could hit the EPA estimates - if you stay stock. right now im stock with 3.73s and stock tires. i drive, well not conservatively and get 15-16mpg on average. On road trips if I take it easy (aka keep it under 80), I average 18mpg.

2 doors have no room - period. if you want more than one other person in there, go 4 door. if it's only one other person you can always take the back seat out for cargo room, but here it doesnt sound like that's what you're going for. 4 door can comfortably carry 4 adults and all the crap they can bring with them.

did atlanta to tampa the second day i had it and was very impressed. the new soft tops are very quiet. the 4 door is also more stable on the highway. i do miss having the 2 door size on the road, but all the 4 door perks are worth the tradeoffs.

you can always order a stock one, buy a used one or get an aftermarket one.

going from the 2009 to the 2012 was a bit of a change. the interior is awesome compared to the 07-10 jks (IMHO). a lot of people complain that it doesnt fit a jeep, but if it's your DD, i think most people would appreciate the changes. the voice controls rock, as do the steering wheel controls, just dont get caught in the rain with no top over the cab. the interior feels mostly solid, as opposed the the old one that felt like it wanted to come apart. and yes, lots of outlets. not to mention the places in the cargo area for screws when you take the top and doors off so I don't lose the damn things (it's the little things in life).

driveability is great. as jeepschool said, compared to older jeeps, its a cadillac.

I'm sure I'll have more questions and thoughts. Thanks in advance and for reading my ramblings.
Overall, it's a great vehicle. it's my 4th jeep and ill probably always own one.

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #8 of 20 Old 01-26-2012, 04:59 AM
Granite Guru

I went to a dealership in Lexington last May and spend one of my entire Saturdays up there dealing with the salesmen trying to get me into a 2-door JK. They just wouldn't quite get to the payment I needed.

Two days later, on Monday morning I went to the dealer in Frankfort and by lunchtime I was driving a 4-door for LESS than what the dealer in Lexington wanted for the 2-door. Just sayin'...

As far as size goes, I love my 4-door and couldn't be happier. There are times when I think the 2-door would be more "fun" to drive... but as soon as I need to load something in the back I realize the 2-door would have never worked out for me. The 2-door is basically a 2-passenger, 2-grocery bag vehicle, or 4-passenger, 0-grocery bag vehicle. With the 4-door, I can haul things home from Lowe's, tow my trailer more safely, haul the family around in more comfort, sleep in the back when I camp and a storm blows up, etc. etc. It's the most awesome idea Jeep ever had.

The new 3.6 does NOT get better mileage than the outgoing 3.8 in the real world, and the torque isn't much higher, but it does have more horsepower for highway passing. I'm still a little leary of the new engines because I've heard from mechanics that work at dealerships that the 3.6s have some issues.. and also because there hasn't been a "new" Chrysler engine since they started doing new engines in 1999 that has earned a reputation of making it past 150,000 miles without grenading.

Good luck! P.S. the Sport model is awesome value.

2012 Dozer JKU Sport
ACE rock rails
3/4" Daystar spacers/extra OE spacers up front
Airaid MXP intake kit
33x12.50 GY Duratracs on MB 72s
post #9 of 20 Old 01-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Rock God

Garage

Take it from me, I own a 2 door and with a kid on the way and a Husky I wish I had a 4 door. I just couldn’t get the price I wanted on the 4 door I was looking at when I bought mine and we didn’t have a baby on the way either. If you think you’ll ever need a 4 door, then get it. The 2 doors are great off road, can fit into tighter areas that the 4’s can’t but can be a little more tippy due to the shorter wheelbase. The convenience of the 4 door makes up for the cost and a I believe they have higher tow rating than the 2 door. The 2 door has decent cargo room when it is just 2 people and the back seats are out but with kids and the absence of a split bench in the back it is nearly impossible to fit stuff. I am going to go roof rack and hitch rack to make up for it when camping and stuff. Also trying to think of a way to fab a single rear seat bracket. None of this would be an issue if I had a 4 door

Never say never about modding it too. suspensions have come a long way and a lot of time handle better than stock, even something as simple (and cheap) as a budget lift and some 33’s will make the Jeep look nice and aggressive while maintaining a great ride. Some of the faults of the 07-11 have been hashed out with updated interior, engine and trans. The 12’s no longer struggle when pushing a high COG vehicle on 33’s or 35’s.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #10 of 20 Old 01-26-2012, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXman View Post
I went to a dealership in Lexington last May and spend one of my entire Saturdays up there dealing with the salesmen trying to get me into a 2-door JK. They just wouldn't quite get to the payment I needed.

Two days later, on Monday morning I went to the dealer in Frankfort and by lunchtime I was driving a 4-door for LESS than what the dealer in Lexington wanted for the 2-door. Just sayin'...

As far as size goes, I love my 4-door and couldn't be happier. There are times when I think the 2-door would be more "fun" to drive... but as soon as I need to load something in the back I realize the 2-door would have never worked out for me. The 2-door is basically a 2-passenger, 2-grocery bag vehicle, or 4-passenger, 0-grocery bag vehicle. With the 4-door, I can haul things home from Lowe's, tow my trailer more safely, haul the family around in more comfort, sleep in the back when I camp and a storm blows up, etc. etc. It's the most awesome idea Jeep ever had.

The new 3.6 does NOT get better mileage than the outgoing 3.8 in the real world, and the torque isn't much higher, but it does have more horsepower for highway passing. I'm still a little leary of the new engines because I've heard from mechanics that work at dealerships that the 3.6s have some issues.. and also because there hasn't been a "new" Chrysler engine since they started doing new engines in 1999 that has earned a reputation of making it past 150,000 miles without grenading.

WXman, would you tell me which dealers you dealt with? PM me if you want.

I'm increasingly looking toward the 4 doors.

A recent life event is making me reconsider priorities however.

Last edited by AJMBLAZER; 01-26-2012 at 09:05 AM.
post #11 of 20 Old 01-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
The new 3.6 does NOT get better mileage than the outgoing 3.8 in the real world, and the torque isn't much higher, but it does have more horsepower for highway passing.
The 3.6 engine is vastly superior to the 3.8. I've owned both.

2012 Rubicon Unlimited
post #12 of 20 Old 01-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Wheeler

I came from a 2010 4 door auto 3.73's hard top. The price was right on the 2012 6 speed 3.21's hard top, actually cost less than the 2010. Sahara's both. With my family a jeep was never big enough until the kids grew up & on thier own. The 4 door is perfect as we still need to haul grandkids now & then, plus pull the camper, etc. It is a DD. If it breaks down someone is walking to work. For every 1000 miles driven I might drive 5 miles of trail.

I test drove a auto & thought it was great but, the deal I found with the 6 speed & 3.21's saved me $1150 and I figured I could pick my gear if the 3.21's were to high. They are not. On a 07-11 avoid them like the plague but the 3.6vvt does great.

I'm 55 so my hot rod days are over lol. But I like to roll all the windows down & enjoy driving the Jeep. I take it easy and mostly keep the speed limit +5 mph sometimes. Worst I've had was 16.8 that included pulling the camper 60miles. Easy high 17's-18's around the area. Not had much highway driving yet but saw 23mpg @ 65mph and watched it drop any going any faster. This is on the dash reading, that I have found to be close to a little low (always hand calculated as well).

Or like this, when I had to fill up the 2010, the 2012 still has over a 1/4 tank left.

Cant speak about a 2 door. Save on a 6 speed and maybe get closer to a 2 door price.

Our 2012 drives so much better & quieter than the 2010. It's still a jeep and at speed keep your eye on the ball.

Can always find a take off.

I have read that the 3.6 has millions of miles testing with all the cars that have used that engine since it came out. The rest of vehicle? I guess it goes for the 11 as well. Seat feel more firm. Real arm rests Yea! A tray on the dash Yea! Just is more comfortable.

Drives good. you will feel head or cross wind. If i wind 2nd gear out to redline it will break the highest speed limits. No need for that but it's nice to know it will if I ever need it on a interstate on-ramp.

Good luck in your choice.

Last edited by Racefla; 01-26-2012 at 01:07 PM.
post #13 of 20 Old 01-26-2012, 01:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
WXman, would you tell me which dealers you dealt with? PM me if you want.

I'm increasingly looking toward the 4 doors.

A recent life event is making me reconsider priorities however.
If the choice it 2dr vs 4dr, find a way to make get the 4dr, you'll be happier in the long run. The 2dr is nice, but the space is horrendous if you plan on hauling yourlself, a passenger and 6yo in the back seat. I had a 4dr with an auto and liked it, but the 6spd manual is much more fun and engaging to drive. Currently waiting for my '12 4dr Rubicon with a 6spd to be built. The little bit I test drove the one from the dealer it was a noticable difference over our '09.

Also, if you're not a rock star at negotiating deals on vehicles, you may want to look into the Treadlightly program. Sign up for a 3yr membership $60 with Treadlightly and you're eligible to get the Affiliate discount netting your nearly any Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler vehicle for 1% below invoice WITHOUT having to dick around with negotiating with the dealer. This way you're supporting a great organization and getting a deal on what you want.

Treadlightly Membership Info

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
post #14 of 20 Old 01-26-2012, 02:13 PM
JKO Addict!

I can't say anything about the 12s as I have a 2010 2dr rubicon as for space I took my back seat out and have plenty of space for my needs at least. Also for road trips I took it on an eight hour trip and I was extremely impressed I have no regrets going with the two door over the four. You just really need to sit down and think about what your truely want and need.

2010 Mango 2dr 6spd Rubicon
PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
post #15 of 20 Old 01-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Rock God

I just bought an '11 3.73 auto 4 dr.
Go 4dr if you plan on having folks in the back.
Driveability is.... fine actually.
I had read a ton about the crappy auto and 3.8 and how it sucked and all this. I wanted a manual but ended up with the auto (seems manuals are hard to get around here.) And ya know, im happy with it. I can merge on the 70mph highway without a problem. I drive pretty reserved anyhow always have cruise on. Average eco is 18.5 right now. (average eco is the average mpg of the collective times your Jeep is in 'eco mode')
Im glad i went 4dr, as nimble as 2dr's are I think it would totally suck trying to put 2 adults back there, much better than the tj I had before though.
I havent gotten to tow anything yet but I plan on doing a temp gauge and an aftermarket trans cooler before I do tow much.
the interior is just plain nice too, I thought the spots to put your door bolts and stuff was a cool touch. I traded a 94 ford explorer with 300,000+ miles on it and a 99 Sonoma 2wd with 140,000 in and I feel the Jeep is pretty well a mix of the two. I am really happy with it. My wife has an '11 Patriot and she now wishes she had gone with a wrangler, I keep trying to talk her into trading up to a '12 and Ill give her my blue one.
So all in all if your getting a '12 you will just like it that much better. 5spd or manual i feel you win either way. The new engine is a win, I love those oil filters (I know its kinda goofy.) get a 4dr and whatever transmission you want and enjoy!

2011 Cosmo blue Unlimited Sport- stock for now.
post #16 of 20 Old 01-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:

BS....the new engine has been tested for millions of miles. It has been out for a few years, and not yesterday! I heard I heard BS.....Tell your mechanic to read some info. I bet he is a expert on everything? just saying!
post #17 of 20 Old 01-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch55 View Post
BS....the new engine has been tested for millions of miles. It has been out for a few years, and not yesterday! I heard I heard BS.....Tell your mechanic to read some info. I bet he is a expert on everything? just saying!
I AM the mechanic smarty pants.

Quote" More than 12 million customer equivalent miles were logged on the dynos followed by vehicle testing of nearly 4 million customer equivalent miles." It's down at bottom of page.

Read about it here, great info btw.
http://www.pentastars.com/engines/tech.php

Just saying.

Last edited by Racefla; 01-27-2012 at 08:33 AM.
post #18 of 20 Old 01-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racefla View Post

Quote" More than 12 million customer equivalent miles were logged on the dynos followed by vehicle testing of nearly 4 million customer equivalent miles." It's down at bottom of page.

Just saying.
Smarty Pants LMAO.....I will read it after this post. I was wondering where this Mechanic came from? With do respect. I have herd on another forum that there was a problem with # 2 cylinder????! it was all hush hush info, and the guy supposably had inside info from Chrysler engineers. It was "stated" that they CAN NOT figure it out and are working around the clock so to speak to find out the reason. I will go read the info and get back to you with my thoughts. I hope I can sleep tonight? I just bought a 2012
post #19 of 20 Old 01-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racefla View Post

Just saying.
Racefla....I have seen that article before! where is the problem with the engine in this article? I have also seen articles with many more tested miles on the engine that this one. Just asking?
Lets have a and get back with me please. Have a nice weekend
post #20 of 20 Old 01-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Hey, thanks for the answers.

My 4dr vs 2dr debate is kinda internal.

2dr you get smaller, more nimble, lower weight so little better mpg. Then there's the lower cost.
4DR I get much more space at the cost of some of the pluses of the 2 dr and costs more.

I have come to like my small little SUV's and most of the time it's just me and some tools in it, maybe one more person and some additional stuff.
Pull out the back seat. I don't carry anyone over one passenger. Gives you lots of room and the dogs are happy hanging out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode