ARB locker help - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-22-2012, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

ARB locker help

Ok I have this issue with my arb locker up front no leak when i engage until I give it some gas to climb somthing then my pump kicks on, it is not a steady on through driving it just bumps on the off then on then off like there is a leak. it only does this when fronts enganged. With the rear only it does not do this. When the pump kicks on I still don't hear any leaks. I looked under the hood and I have diff fluid shooting out of the front ARB relay at the pump. almost like im either creating a vacuum and its sucking fluid out or like its building pressure in the diff and forcingfluid back up to the pump. any fixes or ideas for this would be greatly helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-23-2012, 03:40 AM
Rock God

The o rings inside the locker are wore or not properly installed. Keep a eye on the fluid backing up the line. It will start coming out the solenode and drip on the exhaust manifold. What i did is put a T right at the diff with a plug. I would pull the plug, turn on the compresser and it would blow the line clear. The locker will still work fine. Fluid is heavery then air that's why the compresser kicks on and off to try and keep the pressure where it needs to be when full of fluid. Arb knows of this problem they even sell a line purge kit that they really don't advertise. Just clear the oil out if the line. The compresser won't cycle like its doing now.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Rock God

I would pull the diff cover and see if when the install was done, that the lower axle tube drain hole or notch was done. Also make sure that the proper amount of fluid is put in it. These are both issues that will cause this. I had to deal with this myself. I don't think my installer knew how to read! ARB has the warning about this problem and what will happen in the instructions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Rock God

Garage

Mine was doing this. I made sure my vent tube was clear, which I think it was blocked up, then I blew the oil out of the line. Locker still works and after about a week it hasn't started coming back out solenoid yet.

You smell that?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-24-2012, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I take back what I said about it being the front locker its my rear rock jock that i ordered that is doing it. I have less than 6k on that axle still the same symptoms though it only does it when the front locker is engaged and under load the reaer locker relay spits up oil. i blew out the line tonight and also checked the breather everything seems clear so no just wait and see if it does it again if so then back to currie I go. thanks again for the info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode