Traded in a 2011 Rubicon for the 2012 Arctic - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 01-21-2012, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 32
Posts: 55
Feedback: 0 reviews
Traded in a 2011 Rubicon for the 2012 Arctic

Now I know it seems crazy to get rid of a rubi for a Arctic but ever since I got the Rubicon all my plans for upgrades would have eliminated the electro lockers and sway bar so buying another one didnt seems smart. Plus getting better gas mileage will help me save up for D60's and 40" tires! Plus the big lift Im gonna need. Also the whole year I had it, then only time i used the lockers and sway disco i got stuck anyway. So does anyone know of performance parts for this new motor? I had a CAI and the Viper TB mod which i liked alot. I think Im going to get the Afe intake. Do they make a bigger TB for this motor?
run11rb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 01-21-2012, 08:23 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Fklein6768's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central New Jersey
Age: 51
Posts: 4,822
Feedback: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by run11rb View Post
Now I know it seems crazy to get rid of a rubi for a Arctic but ever since I got the Rubicon all my plans for upgrades would have eliminated the electro lockers and sway bar so buying another one didnt seems smart. Plus getting better gas mileage will help me save up for D60's and 40" tires! Plus the big lift Im gonna need. Also the whole year I had it, then only time i used the lockers and sway disco i got stuck anyway. So does anyone know of performance parts for this new motor? I had a CAI and the Viper TB mod which i liked alot. I think Im going to get the Afe intake. Do they make a bigger TB for this motor?
There was a ported tb in the fs section for the new motor.

Is this thing on?.....

www.4x4s-pod.com
Fklein6768 is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 01-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Coonasian
 
Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Covington, LA USA
Age: 72
Posts: 1,835
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

These '11 trades are so depressing to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Charlie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 Old 01-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 33
Posts: 78
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
These '11 trades are so depressing to me.
I concur

Sent from my Galaxy S 2
Wanta44 is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 01-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 33
Posts: 78
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
These '11 trades are so depressing to me.
I concur

Sent from my Galaxy S 2
Wanta44 is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 01-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 228
Feedback: 0 reviews

how do you like the 2012?
legi0n is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 01-22-2012, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 32
Posts: 55
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by legi0n View Post
how do you like the 2012?
I like it alot. I test drove the 2012 JKUR which and I could tell the difference in the new motor. My wife really liked the Arctic and we share the Jeep so I went ahead and got the one she liked. Plus with our newborn I won't be doing any serious wheeling with him in the car so I saw no need for a Rubicon. There is deffinatly a different between the Rubicon 4.10 gears and this Arctic's 3.21's but there is still more power with 3.21 and the new motor than my old JKUR. Glad I made the trade plus now I have a new warrenty. My last one was almost up with a little over a year on the jeep and 26k.
run11rb is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 01-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 69
Posts: 17
Feedback: 0 reviews
2012 Rubicon

Trading in my 08 Rubicon tomorrow on a 2012 Rubicon I special order on Dec. 1. I loved my 08 and I'm sure this relationship will be special too...
idahopilgrim is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 01-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Granite Guru
 
chris15005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Baden, PA
Age: 42
Posts: 240
Feedback: 3 reviews

Welcome to the Arctic club

2008 Black X 2" Rusty's lift, 33's XRC rear Bumper ( Traded in on Arctic)
2012 Arctic Edition (Traded in on Truck )
chris15005 is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 01-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 54
Feedback: 0 reviews

Arctic all the way
Arcticshaun is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old 01-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Rock God
 
BLACK JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 514
Feedback: 0 reviews

good choice! welcome. the arctic is not lacking much of anything.

2012 ARCTIC
SILVER. 2 DOOR.
IN SERVICE 12/17/11
BLACK JK is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old 01-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2
Feedback: 0 reviews

Welcome to the Arctic club
FASTLANE is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 01-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Norfolk Va
Age: 30
Posts: 30
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by run11rb View Post
I like it alot. I test drove the 2012 JKUR which and I could tell the difference in the new motor. My wife really liked the Arctic and we share the Jeep so I went ahead and got the one she liked. Plus with our newborn I won't be doing any serious wheeling with him in the car so I saw no need for a Rubicon. There is deffinatly a different between the Rubicon 4.10 gears and this Arctic's 3.21's but there is still more power with 3.21 and the new motor than my old JKUR. Glad I made the trade plus now I have a new warrenty. My last one was almost up with a little over a year on the jeep and 26k.
its not a car its a jeep
DeReK_AgIn is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old 01-30-2012, 03:59 PM
JKowners Vendor
 
Rock Krawler Suspension's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,712
Feedback: 8 reviews

Congrats on the new JK, the arctics look awesome. Let us know if you have any questions when if comes time to lift that rig!

RK
Rock Krawler Suspension is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 01-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Rock God
 
artayay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Manahawkin, NJ
Age: 44
Posts: 1,530
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Nice! Post up some pics..

a.k.a. Christian - 2011 Black Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
37" MTRK, RK 3.5 X-Factor (3-Link Rear) and other stuff..
Owner/Manager -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and other Web Properties

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
artayay is offline  
post #16 of 16 Old 01-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Granite Guru
 
BrettDez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Niagara County, NY
Posts: 368
Feedback: 0 reviews

So when are you changing your username? lol

-Brett
---------------------------------------------
My Jeep: 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 6-Spd Manual, Cosmos Blue
"The Smurf":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous Jeeps:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BrettDez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome