Crush and Dozer CANCELLED! ? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 01-21-2012, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Crush and Dozer CANCELLED! ?

I just received the VIN's for the next round of 2012's I ordered, one in Crush and one in Dozer. My Jeep rep says off-handedly "Oh, and it looks like these will be the last Jeeps built in those colors." Wha?! Word to him was that Crush and Dozer will no longer be available, but Sahara Tan, Cosmos Blue, and Mango Tango will be continuing. ?? Was there a paint plant fire or something?

Nena Barlow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 01-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Granite Guru

Eh, it's just the Limited Color Game.
They've did it with Detonator Yellow too.

They just limit the number of that particular color to xxx and once that number is reached they stop selling it. Most the time it comes back next year though. Or they'll go and screw it up like they did with the yellow.

2008 RUBICON 2DR
TERAFLEX 3" Full FlexArm Lift
JKS ACOS Adjustable Coil Spacers (5.5" Total)
FOX 2.0 Resivour Shocks
20"x10" Rockathon Beadlocks
39.5x16.50R20 Pitbull Rocker Bias Ply
Total Height 83.25"
post #3 of 28 Old 01-21-2012, 08:21 AM
Rock God

I heard Sahara tan was discontinued months ago?

EX-Jersey
Crew

Find us at www.disconnectedoffroad.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 01-21-2012, 08:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Love my Sunburst Orange! One model year. I'm sure there are very few of the Unlimited Rubicons out there in this color. Sure wish I knew where to get a number on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #5 of 28 Old 01-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Wheeler

Love my greystone pearlcoat '07. Don't see many around these days.
post #6 of 28 Old 01-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Wheeler

I would be very happy to see the sahara tan and mango tango return. I have been watching the stock of a few local dealerships online and the number of dozer jeeps available has dropped to near zero.

Paul

Never pat a burning dog!
post #7 of 28 Old 01-21-2012, 09:10 AM
Granite Guru

Cosmos Blue has already been stopped. Are you trying to say they're bringing it back? I kinda like mine being limited since I already have it, lol.

-Brett
---------------------------------------------
My Jeep: 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 6-Spd Manual, Cosmos Blue
"The Smurf":

Previous Jeeps:

post #8 of 28 Old 01-21-2012, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Just passing along what he texted to me. So, I have no idea what why when. I thought Cosmos, Mango, and Tan were already done, too, but....??? At least Detonator yellow was around for two years, not two months.

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #9 of 28 Old 01-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Rock God

A few months back I tried to order a Crush Jeep and the sales manager told me it wasn't available to order and he had never heard of the color. A month later they have several Crush's on the lot. Probably because I told them about them. They wouldn't deal with me on my trade so I didn't buy one. Point being, don't trust what the guys at dealerships tell you because most of the time they are ignorant and/or full of shit anyways.
post #10 of 28 Old 01-22-2012, 07:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

dang i liked the dozer...

at least theyre keeping sahara tan.
post #11 of 28 Old 01-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK76 View Post
Love my greystone pearlcoat '07. Don't see many around these days.
They discontinued that one too. I have it as well. I think I've seen one other jk with it. It looks so close to the silver very few people notice.

jk-forum, jk-forum.com jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #12 of 28 Old 01-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Wheeler

Can anyone verify this? I'm trying to sell my jeep now.. specifically to buy a crush.... Don't want to sell if I can't get it.
post #13 of 28 Old 01-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

The info he gave you is incorrect. We received an email saying 166 Dozer units had defective paint some were sold not many. This was caught pretty fast as we have 5 at the rail yard that Chrysler is shipping back to the factory to be likely crushed. We have several in our order system still there and not deleted. There are no issues with crush at all we have several coming in and the color is still available.

2012 Colors not Available:

Gecko Green Late Feb
Winter Chill Late March on ALL Wranglers

Discontinued 2012 Colors

Sahara Tan
Cosmos Blue
Natural Green

Mango tango was discontinued in 2011

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #14 of 28 Old 01-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Rock God

That definitely sounds like more accurate information. As far as the dozers with defective paint...hopefully they don't get crushed. Jeep should donate them to charities..is D.A.R.E still around? Or sell them very discounted to people that want to build a trail rig with no warranty or something. Crushing them seems like a waste of money.
post #15 of 28 Old 01-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo78 View Post
That definitely sounds like more accurate information. As far as the dozers with defective paint...hopefully they don't get crushed. Jeep should donate them to charities..is D.A.R.E still around? Or sell them very discounted to people that want to build a trail rig with no warranty or something. Crushing them seems like a waste of money.
Unfortunately vehicles that are not sold with major defects get destroyed to avoid having them in circulation. The ones that are sold will likely get notified since its such a small number I doubt an actual recall will happen.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #16 of 28 Old 01-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
The info he gave you is incorrect. We received an email saying 166 Dozer units had defective paint some were sold not many.
So, it was 166 before anyone looked up and said, "Hey, what's with the paint?"
Wow.
post #17 of 28 Old 01-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCourtney View Post
So, it was 166 before anyone looked up and said, "Hey, what's with the paint?"
Wow.
Don't know how it was detected, anything we got seemed just fine so not sure what the actual defect is? Only Chrysler knows what the actual paint defect is.
Besides do you know how many they produce a day? 166 is a drop in the bucket

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #18 of 28 Old 01-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
It's a liability issue. I've hauled several oads of cars to the crusher and sit there and verify they go in. It's tough to watch a ZR1 Corvette get crushed.
post #19 of 28 Old 01-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Rock God

So what colors are available to order other than Red, White silver and Black....? Seems kind of limited.

Ron

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
But the Marines don't have that problem." ..... Ronald Reagan

post #20 of 28 Old 01-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Don't know how it was detected, anything we got seemed just fine so not sure what the actual defect is? Only Chrysler knows what the actual paint defect is.
Besides do you know how many they produce a day? 166 is a drop in the bucket

Jason
My dozer is supposed ("expected") to be shipped tomorrow. It'll be fun to see if it was caught up in that mess
post #21 of 28 Old 01-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Rock God

Quote:
A few months back I tried to order a Crush Jeep and the sales manager told me it wasn't available to order and he had never heard of the color. A month later they have several Crush's on the lot. Probably because I told them about them. They wouldn't deal with me on my trade so I didn't buy one. Point being, don't trust what the guys at dealerships tell you because most of the time they are ignorant and/or full of shit anyways.
^^^^^YUP!!^^^^^^^

Courtesy of Hit - "You should only fuck the fuckable.. to fuck the unfuckable or to un-fuck the fuckable is like crossing streams in Ghost Busters"
post #22 of 28 Old 01-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Granite Guru

post #23 of 28 Old 01-23-2012, 07:16 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingtrail View Post
So what colors are available to order other than Red, White silver and Black....? Seems kind of limited.

Ron
Current Colors

Bright White
Bright Silver
Black
Black Forest Green
Crush
Dozer
Deep Cherry Red
Flame Red

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #24 of 28 Old 01-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Granite Guru

i love my deep water blue 2010 rubi unlimited but man the dark colors really show natures pinstripes
post #25 of 28 Old 01-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Current Colors

Bright White
Bright Silver
Black
Black Forest Green
Crush
Dozer
Deep Cherry Red
Flame Red
Dang guess I'm not ordering one in Sahara Tan.

Ron

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
But the Marines don't have that problem." ..... Ronald Reagan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode