Production to Delivery, How Long? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 01-18-2012, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Production to Delivery, How Long?

Can anyone answer this question?

If you've got a Jeep on order and production is scheduled, what is the approximate time table until it is delivered?

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 01-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post

If you've got a Jeep on order and production is scheduled, what is the approximate time table until it is delivered?
No one really knows as there are too many variables: when the needed parts are ready, what is being built on the line at that time, how long it sits in the yard until pickup, where the delivery is.
You get the idea.

From what I have seen in the various forums, it looks like 10 days (or less) is about normal from "Scheduled for Production" until it actually gets on the line. From beginning to end it's less than 40 hours to build your Jeep.

Then it's put in the lot until the truck, train, or UFO picks it up. Some people have seen 2-3 weeks to get them to the west coast, some get them in a matter of days.

It all depends on which way the wind is blowing, whether it's your lucky day or not, and a million other things.

Waiting is a bitch, isn't it?
post #3 of 21 Old 01-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Wheeler

Once it's built and scheduled for transport it's "suppose" to be 72 hrs, but right now it's behind. With you living in IL I'm guessing 4-5 days from after it hits the ground. If they run into any issues say a light isn't working the put all vehicles with said issue on hold til it's resolved. If it's being shipped out west via train who knows they wait til all rail cars are full then it goes into a rail yard and waits for a full load on a truck. Oh by the way I haul cars and frequently go into Jeep plant in Toledo.

Export lot so it's not anyones in USA

Last edited by IRISH; 01-31-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 01-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Granite Guru

I just picked up mine on 1-12-12 it was ordered on 11-29-11 give or take a day? I was told at that time it would takes 6-8 weeks. I love this Jeep, if you ordered one? hang in there it's worth the wait! If you get bored waiting just buy parts That's what I did. If you run out of money buying parts, just start thinking what's next.....and time flies by. All in fun, but you will really like the 2012 Jeep. It is awesome!!
post #5 of 21 Old 01-18-2012, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I placed my order back about mid-December. Hoping to take advantage of the bonus cash they're running, but we'll see as it expires on Jan 31st.

I'm looking forward to getting back into an unlimited again, I lost mine when we traded it for our Grand Cherokee. I got her 2dr Rubicon which is fine, but with a new baby I'd like to have two vehicles capable hauling a rear facing child seat.

Thanks for the input guys!

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 21 Old 01-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Granite Guru

That is what I did too. Buying parts while we wait for the Jeep to be build. We was told 6 - 8 weeks too. Time will tell.
post #7 of 21 Old 01-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Granite Guru

If it helps, I ordered my 2012 on October 15th, while the Crush was on restriction. I received the email that it was scheduled for production on November 10th. I was checking VOTS daily (Ok, hourly, whatever) with no updates until November 21st. It was jumping steps on VOTS and on the 23rd showed that it was shipped. December 5th, it arrived at the rail yard in California. It took 4 days to find a ride to the dealer. It came into town on the 9th, and I picked it up after work.

I thought the wait was pretty fast compared to my 2007 Charger. I waited 6 months from order to deliver at the same dealer.
post #8 of 21 Old 01-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Rock God

Garage

Yea Im keeping my fingers crossed for this whole process too. I ordered mine Dec 18th and 2 days ago I got the email that they were "gathering my parts for production." As kuntz said...Im hoping to get it in before the 31st so I dont lose out on the cash back...thats enough for a bumper! But I dont think its looking good

"With all due respect sir, I believe this will be our finest hour"
post #9 of 21 Old 01-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Rock God

See my signature for my order/delivery timeframe. Fastest one from order to delivery that the plant manager & dealership ever saw.

Adam
First Jeep:

(heavily modded and wheeled!)
Last Jeep:

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
Wrangler MT/R 35x12.5x15 on Soft 8's for the trails.
Duratrac 35" on Dick Cepek's for DD'ers.
5.13s, TF 2.5" Coil Lift, LCAs, & track bar, Mopar bumpers, WARN 9.5ti, diff covers, lots o' skids, EVAP relocated, breathers extended, ALLGIG, backup cam, Soundcoat Absorbtion Panels, and more...
post #10 of 21 Old 02-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Wheeler

Ordered my Rubicon on Dec 2 and received 1/ 16....love it...everything is very nice..
post #11 of 21 Old 02-15-2012, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahopilgrim View Post
Ordered my Rubicon on Dec 2 and received 1/ 16....love it...everything is very nice..

Still waiting on mine, though at least it is in the final inspection phase according to VOTS.

Shouldn't be too much longer hopefully. At least my sales guy got the Jeep regional manager to approve an extension for the $500 bonus cash that expired the end of last month.

post #12 of 21 Old 02-16-2012, 07:14 AM
Rock God

Garage

Its all a crap shoot. mine was in the scheduled for production stage for 3 weeks. Then monday night I checked VOTS and it was in Frame. Woke up tuesday and was in shipment. Now it depends on how many more vehicles they need to load on the rail cars and get em from ohio to upstate NY for me.

I ordered Dec 12th FYI.

I feel your pain man, but itll be worth the wait. BTW can you shoot me a PM regarding the $500...I got shot down by chrysler for an extension. We gotta talk. Thanks

post #13 of 21 Old 02-16-2012, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKsport View Post
BTW can you shoot me a PM regarding the $500...I got shot down by chrysler for an extension. We gotta talk. Thanks
I don't know how much help I can be on that. I had pretty much assumed if I hadn't taken delivery by 01-31-12 then I lost it. I didn't push the issue or anything to try and get them to extend it. This past Saturday I was at the dealer for something unrelated and my sales guy sought me out to give me the update on the build and that he was waiting for an update from the regional rep on whether the $500 would be extended. Before we left, he said he had confirmation that it was being extended.

post #14 of 21 Old 02-17-2012, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Just got the call.

The new Heep is on the lot.

post #15 of 21 Old 02-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Just got the call.

The new Heep is on the lot.
You lucky bastard! lol congrats. And I think I'm gonna hit some luck with the rebate as well, thanks for the help

post #16 of 21 Old 02-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Wheeler

They haven't officially 'released' the 2012 JK here in Australia yet... ordered a 4 door Rubicon on the weekend, 3+ months lead time...

ouch.

S.
post #17 of 21 Old 02-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireTruck View Post
They haven't officially 'released' the 2012 JK here in Australia yet... ordered a 4 door Rubicon on the weekend, 3+ months lead time...

ouch.

S.

post #18 of 21 Old 02-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:

Mine came in today...took 40 days from the day I ordered it.

'12 JKU, 6 speed, short arm lift, tires, wheels, winch, stubby, tire carrier, armor, blah blah blah...
post #19 of 21 Old 02-21-2012, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKsport View Post
You lucky bastard! lol congrats. And I think I'm gonna hit some luck with the rebate as well, thanks for the help
Now that the deal is done, I don't think the rebate they gave me was that one that ended the Jan 31, it was a new one tied into the auto show that just wrapped up in Chicago recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireTruck View Post

ouch.

S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclortho View Post
Mine came in today...took 40 days from the day I ordered it.
Thankfully mine didn't take 3 months, but it did take a solid 2 months from the time they ordered it. Because of the delays, they ordered a second, identical Rubicon to mine a few weeks after I ordered mine because it wasn't showing that it was progressing through the process. It was the second one that arrived, with the first one on it's heals.

Funny how it is brighter orange in person than in pictures.

post #20 of 21 Old 02-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:

Answer: 2

As in 2 friggin long!

post #21 of 21 Old 02-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Rock God

Garage

Looks great man! Congrats. Mine should get here in a couple days, and youre right about the incentive. Im pretty sure its not the same one from the 31st. Theyre giving me one for presidents day good till may 31st or some shit...idk. But whatever, its still $500.

Looks great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode