RSP sector shaft brace - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 01-15-2012, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

RSP sector shaft brace

Anyone out there using this to reinforce their sector shaft? I have recently started to develop a leak in my steering box. I plan on replacing it with a remanufactured OEM and when it arrives and I do the install, reinforcing it with this kit to prevent it from happening again (hopefully).

Only thing I cant figure out is if this kit will work with the track bar/track bar mount in the stock configuration and a RK track bar. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.....

2008 Black 2Dr 6spd D30/44
RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 01-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Rock God

IIRC lots of people had issues with these because they worked with only one or two trackbars, RK not being one of those.

07 X - Flame Red - 6 Speed - 5.13s - 37x12.50 MTR/Ks - ProComp 7069s 17x9
RK 3.5" X-Factor LA - WTOR Hydro Assist - Rubicon Axles F&R - Trussed & HD Brackets
PSC Flares, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Genright Rear Bumper, Poly Sliders w/ PSC Armor
post #3 of 30 Old 01-15-2012, 05:41 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Is this a joke?

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37549

You posted in that thread a few times...today even. The answer is a resounding "no". It won't work.

Not being an asshole just confused by your post. Lol!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 01-15-2012, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Is this a joke?

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37549

You posted in that thread a few times...today even. The answer is a resounding "no". It won't work.

Not being an asshole just confused by your post. Lol!

I did? I never posted anything about the RSP sector shaft brace bro. I did about my steering box leak yes, but not regarding the brace itself

RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
post #5 of 30 Old 01-15-2012, 06:10 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Oh gotcha. I thought since you posted in there you had read that tragedy of a thread.

If you're going to use their parts use their track bar and sell the Rock Krawler one.

post #6 of 30 Old 01-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Save your money. Mine didn't fit. . . still waiting on my refund as well.

[
post #7 of 30 Old 01-15-2012, 06:39 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Interesting...I'll find out what's up.

post #8 of 30 Old 01-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Interesting...I'll find out what's up.
Marcus,
He (Robert) contacted me two weeks ago and asked how I wanted my refund and then I didn't hear back from him.

Timmay

[
post #9 of 30 Old 01-15-2012, 06:48 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

OK - I'll follow up with him and PM you. Sorry!

post #10 of 30 Old 01-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

No worries.

[
post #11 of 30 Old 01-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Granite Guru

Timmay, mine went on just like yours did in the pic, then I tapped the bottom of the brace with my dead blow and it slipped on perfect...

You try that yet?

And I have the brace and the rsp track bar and I'm super happy with it!
post #12 of 30 Old 01-15-2012, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

If the holes dont line up perfect, then why not simply grind down the holes slightly? Is that the issue at hand or am I wrong?

post #13 of 30 Old 01-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I did all of that, even ground down part of the brace, loosened the steering box bolts, tried to reposition the brace and it still didn't fit. Robert from Rock Solid told me that when he got it back, he was able to make it fit on their jig. What can I say. I'm sure it would be a nice product, but it just didn't fit and I'm not the only one who has had issues with it.

[

Last edited by JK Timmay; 01-15-2012 at 07:37 PM.
post #14 of 30 Old 01-15-2012, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I honestly don't get it either. Dosen't seem like it would be real complicated think to produce a product that lines up with ONE hole. But hey, who the hell am to say anything. Hahaha. Reminds me of my Shitybilt rockers. Or I mean Smitybilt, excuse me.

Kinda sucks tho. They are the only one that has a bolt on, vs JKS that is welded and replaces the entire track bar and is about 3x as much.

Last edited by rdlynch2; 01-15-2012 at 07:48 PM.
post #15 of 30 Old 01-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlynch2 View Post
I honestly don't get it either. Dosen't seem like it would be real complicated think to produce a product that lines up with ONE hole. But hey, who the hell am to say anything. Hahaha. Reminds me of my Shitybilt rockers. Or I mean Smitybilt, excuse me.

Kinda sucks tho. They are the only one that has a bolt on, vs JKS that is welded and replaces the entire track bar and is about 3x as much.
Maybe they changed it but when I looked at the JKS it was bolt in except for the brace on passenger side - maybe that's what you are talking about) and the long bar isn't a track bar, its a brace that runs to the other side of the frame. But I have no idea if it'll work either!

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #16 of 30 Old 01-16-2012, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

One can only hope that RSP fixes the issue I guess. For now, it looks like the JKS brace is worth looking into further. Anyone know anything about the EVO one?

post #17 of 30 Old 01-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Granite Guru

you need a drop bracket to run the evo one.

Just because one guy had install issues, I would not discount RSP. Mine went on super easy, not one problem. You just have to use their track bar.
post #18 of 30 Old 01-16-2012, 10:28 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmikedentx View Post
you need a drop bracket to run the evo one.

Just because one guy had install issues, I would not discount RSP. Mine went on super easy, not one problem. You just have to use their track bar.
It wasn't one guy - it was a lot. However, all of them were trying to pair the brace with different aftermarket track bars.

There is a TON of good information in that other thread about all of the options if you sift through the back and forth about RSP.

That being said - if you run the RSP with the track bar you have a guaranteed to work solution. We just don't recommend mixing and matching their system anymore.

I think the key with all of these braces is to use them with the parts that they were R&D'd to fit and work with.

I've also had good luck with the JKS setup but have not sold the EVO brace so I can't comment on that one.

Marcus

post #19 of 30 Old 01-16-2012, 11:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Timmay View Post
I did all of that, even ground down part of the brace, loosened the steering box bolts, tried to reposition the brace and it still didn't fit. Robert from Rock Solid told me that when he got it back, he was able to make it fit on their jig. What can I say. I'm sure it would be a nice product, but it just didn't fit and I'm not the only one who has had issues with it.

I had the exact same alignment issues that you posted. We used a jack on the frame, then placed a couple blocks under the brace arms and on the axle, lower the frame and the holes lined right up. If you still l have issues still, turn your steering wheel left and/or right; the twisting will line the holes up. Other than that, easy bolt-on.

Mine is installed with a Teraflex Steering Flip and Brace.
post #20 of 30 Old 01-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

It was sent back to RSP.

[
post #21 of 30 Old 01-31-2012, 07:20 PM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to FalconKR5

Anyone know if this works with the Clayton front track bar (http://claytonoffroad.com/product_in...products_id=51)? Particularly on the Clayton 4.5" Premium lift. Track bar has a bend but its pretty flat. Right now sitting flat on the ground there is ~1 5/8" from the top of the trackbar to the bottom of the sector shaft threads.
post #22 of 30 Old 05-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Wheeler

sector shaft bracket

It works fine with the Metal Cloak TB.
Jon Mock likes this.
post #23 of 30 Old 05-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Wheeler

Will not fit with RC track bar
post #24 of 30 Old 05-02-2014, 05:57 AM
Rock God

Any updates from people with the rock Krawler TB? Or will I be the guinea pig!
post #25 of 30 Old 05-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblegoose1 View Post
I had the exact same alignment issues that you posted. We used a jack on the frame, then placed a couple blocks under the brace arms and on the axle, lower the frame and the holes lined right up. If you still l have issues still, turn your steering wheel left and/or right; the twisting will line the holes up. Other than that, easy bolt-on.

Mine is installed with a Teraflex Steering Flip and Brace.
Bubblegoose, I know your post is a couple years old but I have the TF flip and brace as well. Didn't think this would fit in with it. Can you post some pics of your set up please?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode