Finally installed my Xmas gifts! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 01-11-2012, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Finally installed my Xmas gifts!

So I finally got around to install my gifts from Xmas here are some picks for you guys let me know what you think.

got some stickers to show my support to the forum

my girlfriend got me a nice widespread panic sticker

now for the goods
a set of rigid duallys, viking synth line w/ safety thimble, and the PSC aluminum fairlead.

my dog Tank likes taking pictures and playing fetch

2010 Mango 2dr 6spd Rubicon
PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 01-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Granite Guru

Lookin good! I've got the same stickers.Thats the bumper I'm hoping to get next year.
post #3 of 22 Old 01-11-2012, 01:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Sick set up dude! I just installed that same front bumper over xmas break. I love it. No winch yet, but I will eventually get one. YOu have the perfect set up though. Warn with synthetic line, 2x rigid duallys on top of a PSC bumper. Does not get much better than that!

2008 Black 2Dr 6spd D30/44
RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 01-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Granite Guru

if you are moving to the city you need a front plate on that bumper or you have to join my party by getting tickets on weekly bases... city of Chicago
post #5 of 22 Old 01-11-2012, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Thanks for the compliments guys, i love my setup the duallys are crazy bright might be a little bright for the road but screw it i am running them anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaygeorge View Post
if you are moving to the city you need a front plate on that bumper or you have to join my party by getting tickets on weekly bases... city of Chicago
thanks for the heads up ill have to figure out a spot to put it on there.

PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
post #6 of 22 Old 01-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Granite Guru

Loving the look of that bumper, great setup.

2008 Sahara Unlimited Rescue Green
RockKrawler 2.5" Flex System
Bilstein 5100 Shocks
SpiderWeb SW1 JK-4D Top
Smittybilt Grab Handles
AntennaX 13" Off-Road Antenna
Smittybilt SRC Front Bumper (Chopped)
More to come

Find and Sell Your Used Parts on

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 22 Old 01-13-2012, 07:40 AM
Rock God

Looks great, is that stock height???

I don't drink water; fish fuck in it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Do you feel a desire to dance with other men while behind the wheel of the Prius?

Is it true the car only plays Village People music?

Does it have a light on the dash when you get near a gay bar?
post #8 of 22 Old 01-13-2012, 09:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice...I'm kinda partial though..

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #9 of 22 Old 01-13-2012, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Mountain View Post
Looks great, is that stock height???
Ya it's at stock height, I get asked all the time if it's lifted chopping the fenders made a huge improvement on the look and I love it, can't wait to get it lifted and put some 35s on it.

Thanks for all the complements!!!

post #10 of 22 Old 01-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Rock God

Garage

Digging it!

Method Motorsports

Email:
post #11 of 22 Old 01-13-2012, 10:19 AM
JKowners Vendor

Sweet! I am liking the color scheme! Looks good with that orange line on there!

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #12 of 22 Old 01-13-2012, 10:34 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looks great.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #13 of 22 Old 01-14-2012, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
Sweet! I am liking the color scheme! Looks good with that orange line on there!

-Jason
Ya thats what is was going for and thanks to you it happened.

and again thanks for the compliments it makes it seem like i am on the right track on making this thing a good working rig.

post #14 of 22 Old 01-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Granite Guru

Nice windshield sticker. Girlfriend has good taste!

What size tires are those?
post #15 of 22 Old 01-14-2012, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerofspace View Post
Nice windshield sticker. Girlfriend has good taste!

What size tires are those?
Thanks, ya she has good taste, she likes all the same as I do so it works out well. The tires are stock for now 35s will go on this spring along with the RK 2.5" max travel pro kit, havin a hard time pickin out tires I like the goodyears with Kevlar, but I guess are impossible to get also the the nitto trail grappler and the pitbull rockers radials (still lookin at reviews of how these are on the road I do a lot of driving for work so I need a good wearing tire) any other suggestions?

post #16 of 22 Old 01-15-2012, 05:40 AM
Rock God

i have the same setup, but i have a budget engo winch. i WANTED the one you have, but it just was not in my budget.

looks great, and tell your doggie i say hello. i love dogs.
post #17 of 22 Old 01-15-2012, 07:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguyhasadd42 View Post
Thanks, ya she has good taste, she likes all the same as I do so it works out well. The tires are stock for now 35s will go on this spring along with the RK 2.5" max travel pro kit, havin a hard time pickin out tires I like the goodyears with Kevlar, but I guess are impossible to get also the the nitto trail grappler and the pitbull rockers radials (still lookin at reviews of how these are on the road I do a lot of driving for work so I need a good wearing tire) any other suggestions?

Check out the Toyo Open Country MT/Rs. They are heavy but from what I hear a great tire. Honestly, if I were you, I would search and search and search for the MTR's w K. Thats what I did and I was able to find a supplier with 4 of them in stock in the 35x12.5x17 size. Hopefully, maybe by spring time they will be off backorder, but who knows.

Why not the KM2s as well? They def should be tossed out there. Also a great tire. I have had both the KM2s and the MTRs w K. The MTRS are by far superior but the KM2s are certainly a great tire as well. My only complaint about them was the fact that they run small, and on wet pavement were terrible. Other than that I loved em. Good luck!

Off track here, but if I were you, I would try to find some orange reflective tape and stick it behind the spyder emblem. That would look badass! Thats what I did with mine, but I used silver. Just me basically taking out loud on how I would like you to do things. No mind me! Hahaha.

RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series

Last edited by rdlynch2; 01-15-2012 at 07:29 AM.
post #18 of 22 Old 01-15-2012, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Ya ill have to look into the toyos, on the KM2s i am with you i am not a fan that they run small i hate the fact that i would be spending the money on a 35 and really getting a tire closer to a 33, but if the price is right it is definitely a possibility. I do hope the availability of the MTRs is better in a few months cause that would most likely be the route i would go.

As for the reflective tape i have it in my tool box now but i have to re paint the bumpers cause i didnt prep them right the first time and are already chipping (nub!) I plan on using some spray on bedliner this time around.

Thanks for the suggestions and info!

post #19 of 22 Old 01-15-2012, 11:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Ya ill have to look into the toyos, on the KM2s i am with you i am not a fan that they run small i hate the fact that i would be spending the money on a 35 and really getting a tire closer to a 33, but if the price is right it is definitely a possibility. I do hope the availability of the MTRs is better in a few months cause that would most likely be the route i would go.

As for the reflective tape i have it in my tool box now but i have to re paint the bumpers cause i didnt prep them right the first time and are already chipping (nub!) I plan on using some spray on bedliner this time around.

Wait till the summer and warmer weather or just get it powder coated.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #20 of 22 Old 01-15-2012, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG006 View Post
Wait till the summer and warmer weather or just get it powder coated.
i might be able to have them in a heated garage to paint them would that help? I like the idea of powder coating but it just cost so much and the ease of touch up paint with the bedliner is very convenient

post #21 of 22 Old 01-15-2012, 12:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

What didnt you do right the first time? With mine (I have the same one as you do). I first cleaned mine with mineral spirits, then dried. Then 3 coats of self etching primer, after the final coat waited a couple hours, then hit it with 3 coats of rustoleum truck bed coating. Not sure if that is the proper way of doing it. I didnt sand between coats, probably should have. Not to sure as to how much of a better finish you get when you sand in between coats but...it seems to be holding up pretty well so far. Also, I am not to sure if it just rustoleum or all truck bed coatings but, it seems to chip pretty easily....may also be a result of not applying it correctly...who knows

post #22 of 22 Old 01-15-2012, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlynch2 View Post
What didnt you do right the first time? With mine (I have the same one as you do). I first cleaned mine with mineral spirits, then dried. Then 3 coats of self etching primer, after the final coat waited a couple hours, then hit it with 3 coats of rustoleum truck bed coating. Not sure if that is the proper way of doing it. I didnt sand between coats, probably should have. Not to sure as to how much of a better finish you get when you sand in between coats but...it seems to be holding up pretty well so far. Also, I am not to sure if it just rustoleum or all truck bed coatings but, it seems to chip pretty easily....may also be a result of not applying it correctly...who knows
i also cleaned mine good, but the step that i believe i (and maybe you did also if yours is chipping) was that i didnt sand the metal before the first coat of paint i used the self etching primer and rustoleum gloss black and it chipped as soon as i put it together, I also let it dry for about 15hrs before i installed, but ill see how it turns out the next time around. I used duplicolor bedliner on my wheel wells and it is holding up greatly, i just cleaned with soap and water sanded with 120 grit and washed clean let dry and sprayed. There are no chips from what i have seen even with all the rocks hitting it from the tires

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode