tread lightly discount for jeeps?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 01-09-2012, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

tread lightly discount for jeeps??

Friend told me that if I join the Tread Lightly program, certain dealers will discount my Jeep JK by as much as $3000.

anybody have facts to back that claim up?

another posted in welcome that USAA also had big discounts on purchase of a new JK.

does this apply to Sport models or only the Rubicons and call of duty models? (top end price)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Tread Lightly!'s website says:

MORE ABOUT BENEFITS: NEW - Through an expanded relationship with Chrysler, all current 3-year and lifetime Tread Lightly! Individual Members can now receive a discount on a new Jeep, Dodge, Ram or Chrysler vehicle.

Found hereTread Lightly membership page

2009 JKU
post #3 of 13 Old 01-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Wheeler

more like $300..

TL gives you hassle free 1% below invoice pricing... but it's never been difficult to get dealers down to right at invoice anyhow... and I've heard of people getting 2-3% below invoice pricing WITHOUT TL...

one thing though.. the discount appearantly gives the dealer a little more of a kickback.... so it can lubricate dealings.. but don't expect to save thousonds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 01-09-2012, 01:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayholio View Post
more like $300..

TL gives you hassle free 1% below invoice pricing... but it's never been difficult to get dealers down to right at invoice anyhow... and I've heard of people getting 2-3% below invoice pricing WITHOUT TL...

one thing though.. the discount appearantly gives the dealer a little more of a kickback.... so it can lubricate dealings.. but don't expect to save thousonds.
I don't agree with this at all. I've used this twice now. Both times, I saved just shy of $3k. Sure, it's not all the difficult to negotiate less than 1% on many vehicles, but in my experiance it hasn't been this way with any Wrangler. I've shopped around and dealers in my area don't want to deal much at all them. If I really wanted to play for a while I may be able to get them down, but frankly I don't have the time or desire to play games at any dealer so $60 bucks is money well spent to save the $3k. For reference, my '12 stickered at $32,9xx. With the Tread Lightly discount is was just over $30k.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
post #5 of 13 Old 01-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Rock God

Garage

I used the TL discount for my '12. Yes it definitely brings the price down 1% below invoice. Benefit depends on if your dealer will come down to that without it or not as Rayh said.

But you must be a member for 30 days before using the incentive. TL is a great way to support the sport and get a bonus discount.

"With all due respect sir, I believe this will be our finest hour"
post #6 of 13 Old 01-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Wheeler

I used TL for my 2012 also. The dealer in my area wants 3 to 4K over factory sticker. I was told that I was the only one that got TL pricing. Apparently no one else had used it there before. Well worth the 60 bucks for me.
post #7 of 13 Old 01-10-2012, 03:05 AM
Rock God

Garage

It works. I've purchased three JKs using TL and saved thousands each time. Well worth it for a good discount and great cause.

2011 Rubicon: Call of Duty - Black Ops JKU
|ACE Sliders & Fenders|XHD Bumpers|Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel|Trail Grappler 35s|Level 8 ZX|Teraflex Tire Carrier|sPOD|Smittybilt XRC10 Comp|Safari Straps|48" Hi-Lift|RIGID 50" E-series, 10" SR, D2s & Duallys|Poison Spider Mounts & Skids
Helicopter Pilot's Creed: If something hasn't happened yet, it's about to...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 Old 01-10-2012, 07:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Don't forget the TL discount works in conjunction with any other incentives, so it can save you a lot. When the '12 I ordered was about to come in, I randomly received a corporate $500 off coupon in the mail toward any new Jeep. So I ended up paying the 1% below invoice and another $500 off of that. No way I could have haggled it that low, especially in Colorado where Jeeps are hugely popular and they don't like to negotiate on them.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #9 of 13 Old 04-05-2014, 05:01 AM
Gib
Rock God

I havent' heard anyone talk about this discount in a while. Trying to buy a new Jeep and wanting to get the best deal. Can it be used in conjunction with the ENCS program for soldiers abroad.
post #10 of 13 Old 04-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Wheeler

I used the TL discount on my 12 jkur. I ended up getting 1.5 below invoice. The dealer was unaware of the program. Once they checked into it they were eager to go ahead with no resistance. It was pretty easy and well worth the $60.
post #11 of 13 Old 04-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Granite Guru

Its a hassle free way of getting a good price. Yeah you might be able to get them lower but,

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Attached Images

post #12 of 13 Old 04-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib View Post
I havent' heard anyone talk about this discount in a while. Trying to buy a new Jeep and wanting to get the best deal. Can it be used in conjunction with the ENCS program for soldiers abroad.
When I bought mine using the TL discount, I was told it cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or promotions. That could very well have been because of my dealership but that is what they told me. I couldnt really argue too much though, I paid $34.9 out the door for a '13 Rubicon 2 dr. They were all sticker priced at $41k is SoCal so I am happy with the deal I got.

-2013 JKR 2.5 X Factor on 37s
-2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale
-2009 Kaw ZX-14 Drag bike
post #13 of 13 Old 04-06-2014, 05:34 AM
Granite Guru

My experience was back in '11, but I used the TL discount and at the time, all other offers applied on top of it. So depending on the timing of your purchase, it could work out very well.

The company I used to work for had a similar deal with Chrysler years ago and it was always in addition to other offers at the time... rebates, financing, etc.

'11 JK Unlimited Sahara - 2.5 Frankenlift, ,33X12.50 Duratracs on 15" MB72s, Genright Rockers (aluminum), WURX front and rear bumpers/tire carrier, Warn winch

'01 TJ 60th Anniversary, 2" Budget Boost, 33" BFG ATs, AFW Front Bumper, Olympic Rock Bumper, Warn Engine & Steering box skid, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, OR Fab Rock Slider Bars, Rhino'd tub - GONE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode