Moab EJS - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-08-2012, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Moab EJS

So I am driving out from Florida this year,and am going to get to Moab on Wed the 28th .I know that is before the event but thats the point.I dont mind all the crowds and spectators but it will be great to hit whatever trail I want when I want to, and not have to follow the leader.So my question is anyone going to be their that early and if so would you want to do some scenic/easier family rides before EJS kicks off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I will be there from about the 23rd of March, and staying for at least a month. I would be very interested in doing some trails before the event!

2011 Unlimited Rubicon
Currently: Henderson, CO
post #3 of 6 Old 01-08-2012, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Excellent I will send you a PM as it gets closer, you can do the same if you want to swap info.I will be hitting my home town wheeling spots as well in Las Cruces on the way out....Man I cant wait
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Rock God

Garage

Jealous. I just added Moab for EJS to my list. Its going to be a few years till I'll be able to pull it off. Its a 4 day ride one way for me and I am the owner/operator of my company. Enjoy! And please post some pics when you get back.

Ryan

BAM. Me, "wonder what that was?" Tom, "pretty sure it was the top of something coming into contact with the bottom of your Jeep."
Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
post #5 of 6 Old 01-08-2012, 07:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Just a bit of warning for all of you heading to Moab for EJS and "hotel camping". A number of Moab motels have had and continue to have a really bad problem with bedbugs. Do yourself a favor, before you make reservations check "Trip Advisor" online for recent reports at the hotel where you plan on staying. In Oct 2010 on a weekend run with our club I stayed at one of the very popular motels on the main drag north of downtown. When I returned home I discovered I'd been bitten over 100 times and required a trip to urgent care. Fortunately my Jeep and house didn't become infested. Called the County Health dept and discovered that particular hotel had had numerous complaints and was being ordered partially shut down for fumigation. Shortly thereafter a local person working for BLM stayed at another hotel on the east side of town and received over 400 bites, with a vehicle infestation as well as her home here in town. These things are nothing to laugh about should you have the misfortune to come in contact with them. The bites are terribly irritating, took over two months for them all to heal. Forewarned is forearmed!
post #6 of 6 Old 01-09-2012, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Just a bit of warning for all of you heading to Moab for EJS and "hotel camping". A number of Moab motels have had and continue to have a really bad problem with bedbugs. Do yourself a favor, before you make reservations check "Trip Advisor" online for recent reports at the hotel where you plan on staying. In Oct 2010 on a weekend run with our club I stayed at one of the very popular motels on the main drag north of downtown. When I returned home I discovered I'd been bitten over 100 times and required a trip to urgent care. Fortunately my Jeep and house didn't become infested. Called the County Health dept and discovered that particular hotel had had numerous complaints and was being ordered partially shut down for fumigation. Shortly thereafter a local person working for BLM stayed at another hotel on the east side of town and received over 400 bites, with a vehicle infestation as well as her home here in town. These things are nothing to laugh about should you have the misfortune to come in contact with them. The bites are terribly irritating, took over two months for them all to heal. Forewarned is forearmed!
Good point, also I find the bed bug registry the most comprehensive source.they have a large list of not only hotels but apt/house rentals also.The list is staggering and it may make you never get a hotel again!! but one thing you should do especially if you travel with little ones like I am is to get a Queen sized zip up water proof bed cover its only like $25-$30.They not only keep water and..... other stuff off the mattress..but they keep any critters in the mattress of of you. Try it, I can say I have not been attacked once and I have stayed in some VERY questionable places..Now that dident sound right but you know what I mean Edit.. well they are not 25-30 bucks any more

Last edited by B-TownJK; 01-09-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode