2009 JK Preview - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 11-15-2007, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Exclamation 2009 JK Preview

Ok..OK not a preview, just additional info on the 2009 JK!!! I just learned today through my internal network that the 2009 2dr JK will feature tip N slide passenger seats like the 2006 TJ!!! I also hear about a different engine, probably E-85 4.0 V6 or a Diesel option....probably not
:roll:
Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps

Last edited by jdemonto; 11-16-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 11-16-2007, 05:36 AM

MAN...I need the tip and slide!!...I havent even TRIED to get in the back..my 4yr old does fine gettin in and out though!!
post #3 of 21 Old 11-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Granite Guru

It will make a lot of people happy if they offer a diesel option in the Rubicon model, well it would make me happy. But then again i would have to buy a new jeep again

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 11-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Gib
Rock God

Jason, please keep us up to date as you hear anything. I just set my delivery date with the overseas sales for a 08'. I have untill Feb. 29th to decide if I get it, or wait for a 09'.
post #5 of 21 Old 11-16-2007, 08:28 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

Well, I am not going to hold my breaath over the engine but I am excitted for the seat.

Hopefully puttin the 2009 tip-n-slide in my 2007 won't be to much of a PITA or to much mulah

Thanks for sharing the info!
post #6 of 21 Old 11-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Rock God

Fitting the tip-n-slide in would be great, but wouldn't that force a seatbelt mount relocation like it should have been in the first place?

/jl

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
post #7 of 21 Old 11-26-2007, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
re.tip n slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by John L View Post
Fitting the tip-n-slide in would be great, but wouldn't that force a seatbelt mount relocation like it should have been in the first place?
The 2008 JK 2drs already have the moved seatbelt to the B piller...

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #8 of 21 Old 11-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
The 2008 JK 2drs already have the moved seatbelt to the B piller...

Jason
Both WTF_LOL and I were talking about the 2007.

/jl

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
post #9 of 21 Old 11-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

I think what he is saying is that if it is available on the 2008 then it should be an easy swap into the 2007. I have not looked into it yet but I imagine it would not take much to be able to do!

I am not too concerned about relocating the belt right now as it would still be a PITA to get back there. However, if the Tip-n-Slide becomes available those two mods would be pretty desirable to me!
post #10 of 21 Old 12-01-2007, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Jeep Survey

Anybody get a Survey from Chrysler regarding future options on the Jeep wrangler unlimited????

Here's what it said....Via JKboard.com

4 banger Diesel Motor $2,000

Leather upgraded interior $N/A?

Back up camera:$N/A?

115V Power inverter:$100

Heated Seats:$200

Jason

Heres a write up on the CRD 2.8 that you may see here, But in Cummins Trim

http://low-range.com/features.htm

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Last edited by jdemonto; 12-01-2007 at 07:45 AM.
post #11 of 21 Old 12-05-2007, 04:17 AM
Granite Guru

Recently sent in an e-mail to Chrysler requesting information on an upcoming diesel option in Jeep. Obviously, they can't say yes or no one way or another. However, some of the response is interesting as well as food for thought.

Chrysler LLC Customer Assistance wrote:

Please accept our apologies for the delayed response to your email. Because of the public's current interest in the Chrysler Group and our new products, we are unable to respond as promptly as we would like.

We are pleased to read of your interest in a diesel-powered Jeep Wrangler. Presently, Chrysler LLC has yet to disclose any official plans indicating the availability of a diesel engine in the Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited models in future model years. However, with constantly shifting market trends I would hesitate to discount the possibility of new products on the horizon, specifically designed to suit your needs. Please feel free to check back with us periodically for future updates.

Comments like yours are one way to learn of improvements that are desired by customers. The information received is used in product development and quality analysis. We have documented your comments and have forwarded them to the appropriate department for review.

Now obviously this is one of those filler responses, but I would like to point out (as it has been before) that they do take our feedback seriously and the more people that enquire as to a diesel option, the more likely it is to happen for us here in the states.

Just my two cents!
post #12 of 21 Old 12-06-2007, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Thats the same canned message they always send!

Now if every Jeeper that wanted a CRD emailed Jeep...we would have a chance they would build them.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #13 of 21 Old 12-14-2007, 09:08 AM

Thumbs up Sweet

I wouldn't mind the tumble seat, I do feel a little bad for my friends in the back but I tell them, Hey its a Jeep, its not supposed to be comfy....
post #14 of 21 Old 12-14-2007, 10:10 AM

I think the Diesel would be great but honestly, i'd rather have the 5.7 Hemi as an option with the heavy duty 5-spd auto tranny from the ram trucks. That's just me though.
post #15 of 21 Old 01-08-2008, 04:51 AM
Granite Guru

I'd take a cummins'fied 4banger diesel!! And if it allows for performance upgrades? That would be awesome.
post #16 of 21 Old 01-08-2008, 05:53 AM

I have a wrangler unlimited sport with the 2.8 .crd 6 speed manual and it is apsolutly briliant cheap to run and heaps of power
this is straight off the australian jeep website www.jeep.com.au

2.8-Litre CRD Turbo Diesel I4
For the first time a diesel engine is available in Wrangler. The 2.8 Direct-Injection Common Rail Turbo Diesel produces 130 kW at 3,800 rpm and 400Nm of torque at 2,000 - 2,600 rpm with automatic transmission and 410 Nm of torque with manual transmission.

Alternator
A 160-amp alternator is standard with the 3.8-litre V6 engine; 180-amp alternator is standard with the 2.8-Litre CRD turbo diesel. This also means lots of power for your off-road accessories (lighting, winches and more).

the CRD is availible in the rubicon in some parts of europe but we only get the v6 rubicon
post #17 of 21 Old 01-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to Denis Send a message via Yahoo to Denis

I would sell my TJ for a diesel JK.
post #18 of 21 Old 01-09-2008, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
re:CRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
I would sell my TJ for a diesel JK.
I am starting to give up on the dream and may upgrade my LJ tp a 2.8 CRD

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #19 of 21 Old 03-01-2008, 11:41 PM

How about a 6.1 SRT 8 hemi?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU5qUVPmTNY

All you need to do is spend some of your Mid East Oil Money and add $26,000 to MSRP
post #20 of 21 Old 03-06-2008, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

WOW

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #21 of 21 Old 03-10-2008, 10:52 AM
JR
Rock God

There's quite a few of those 6.1L JK conversions floating around now, especially at trade shows and such. I know Rubicon Express had one in their SEMA booth, only they had a badge that read 392c.i. which google said was 6.4L...so they've either got something different (I think they had a 6.4 out in 2005 or something) or they played with bore/stroke a little.

Jason from RJR Off-Road

coupon code = JKOWNERS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode