TPMS Question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-06-2012, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

TPMS Question

Just before Christmas the weather turned cold. One day I jumped into the jeep and when I started it I noticed the low tire warning was showing. I thought it was probably due to the colder temps reducing pressure in the tire. None of the tires looked low so i was not to worried about it. I drove into town, thinking the tires would warm up and the pressure would come up causing light to go out. Didnt happen so i went to my shop and checked the tire pressure all tires were about 33-34 psi. I ran tires all the way up to 40 psi and still no change in warning on the dash. Thought I would call dealer to look at next week, but the temps warmed up today to 50 and low and behold no light on the dash. Does it sound like a bad sensor or is there a way to reset the sensors. I had thought about disconnecting battery for awhile but never did it. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-06-2012, 07:45 PM
JKO Addict!

I believe they need to be at ~37psi for the light to go off, maybe the gauge you were using is off compared to what the sensors are seeing. It's probably fine.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-06-2012, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I was wondering about the gauge. Maybe I will pick up a new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode