RK 3.5 Sway Bar link length - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-06-2012, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
RK 3.5 Sway Bar link length

Can some one who has 3.5" RK lift with their sway bar links measure their swaybar links from eye to eye?

I thought i had the 3.5" links so I ordered the next shorter size, but the new ones are way too short.

Thanks in advance!

RUBI / 37" Grappler's / 3.5 RK X / 5.38's
RockKrawler : PoisonSpyder : RCV :LOD : Iggee : sPOD : Nitto : WARN : Yukon : Rock Hard : Tatton : PolyPerformance
REBEL OFFROAD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Granite Guru

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Hemo

JocKy, I have Rock Krawler's 3.5" Triple Threat PRO kit. I just popped outside and took a quick measure of my front links. From the center of the eyes it looks like they are 13". I hope that helps you.

2008 Rubi Unltd • RR Roll Cage - Limb Risers - Evap Skid - Diff Covers • PolyPerf HD Ball Joints • Reid Hi Steer Knuckles • RK 3.5" Triple Threat PRO Longarm • Rebel F & R Coil Overs • sPod Mini • Shrockworks Rock Sliders - Rear Bumper w/ Tire Swing • Xenon Flat Flares • ORO Onboard Air • BD Dual Battery • 5.13 Gears • 35" BFG KM2s • Warn VR12000 Winch • Safari Straps Everything • Tuffy Security Drawer •

Last edited by Hemo; 01-06-2012 at 09:01 PM.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemo View Post
JocKy, I have Rock Krawler's 3.5" Triple Threat PRO kit. I just pooped outside and took a quick measure of my front links. From the center of the eyes it looks like they are 13". I hope that helps you.

Pooping outside is not legal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 01-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by murometz View Post
Pooping outside is not legal

It's not a problem if you don't get caught.

2008 Rubi Unltd • RR Roll Cage - Limb Risers - Evap Skid - Diff Covers • PolyPerf HD Ball Joints • Reid Hi Steer Knuckles • RK 3.5" Triple Threat PRO Longarm • Rebel F & R Coil Overs • sPod Mini • Shrockworks Rock Sliders - Rear Bumper w/ Tire Swing • Xenon Flat Flares • ORO Onboard Air • BD Dual Battery • 5.13 Gears • 35" BFG KM2s • Warn VR12000 Winch • Safari Straps Everything • Tuffy Security Drawer •
post #5 of 10 Old 01-06-2012, 08:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
JocKy, I have Rock Krawler's 3.5" Triple Threat PRO kit. I just pooped outside and took a quick measure of my front links. From the center of the eyes it looks like they are 13". I hope that helps you.

All of this is helpful info, but you didn't have to share where your bowel movements take place!

Greg
post #6 of 10 Old 01-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Hey, that's why men buy land, so we can do our 'business' outside. You should see the bushes in my back yard

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 Old 01-07-2012, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Hemo- Those measurements came off the metal links right? not the big brown one you left?

Thanks again!

RockKrawler : PoisonSpyder : RCV :LOD : Iggee : sPOD : Nitto : WARN : Yukon : Rock Hard : Tatton : PolyPerformance
REBEL OFFROAD
post #8 of 10 Old 01-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JocKy View Post
Hemo- Those measurements came off the metal links right? not the big brown one you left?

Thanks again!

JocKy,

Yes, the measurements are off the bronze-colored metal links. From the center of the upper joint to the center of the lower joint it is 13".

post #9 of 10 Old 01-14-2012, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Here's why I asked:
I installed the RK 3.5 and the links that came with it/ I also Installed the Poly Drag Link Flip with the Track Bar bracket. With the bracket the sway bars need to be shorter as they are raised, but only 2".

Here's the RK links that come with the 3.5 X (obviously too long)

The reason is the Poly bracket lets you raise the sway bars.

Here's the RK links from a 2.5 (or 7" in length). Much Better! (I still need to trim the stock stabilizer tabs.)

I want to thank the folks at Rock Krawler for their help and very timely shipping of the shorter rods! And folks for responding with their measurements. It seemed that the 7" rods would be too short, but as you can see I have more thread to make them shorter and they would still be within the +/- 5*.

REBEL OFFROAD
post #10 of 10 Old 01-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
JocKy, I have Rock Krawler's 3.5" Triple Threat PRO kit. I just popped outside and took a quick measure of my front links. From the center of the eyes it looks like they are 13". I hope that helps you.

I'm Looking at the rock Krawler kits. How do you like the triple threat pro?
Is it worth the extra $$'s over their other kits?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode