2011+ Wranglers Screwed if you have a Superchips? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-06-2012, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

2011+ Wranglers Screwed if you have a Superchips?

So, I was browsing the Superchips information on their website. Originally, they had an ETA of the release for their patch so their flashpaq would work on 2011+ Jeeps of January 1st, 2012.

I found this posted by "RON @ Superchips":
Quote:
At this point there is no ETA on the 2011 or newer Jeep product due to the extensive reverse engineering required to crack the ECU code containing the new state-of-the-art encryption.

Superchips has not responded to that thread since....

Not looking good for us 2011+ owners. I am surprised that the AEV Procal is good to go but the Superchips isn't.

-Brett
---------------------------------------------
My Jeep: 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 6-Spd Manual, Cosmos Blue
"The Smurf":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous Jeeps:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-06-2012, 09:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Doesn't the procal just change a few parameters? It's not a performance tuner of any sort, right? Probably has something to do with it?

Sent via paper airplane

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-06-2012, 09:23 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
Doesn't the procal just change a few parameters? It's not a performance tuner of any sort, right? Probably has something to do with it?

Sent via paper airplane
Ding ding ding! The ProCal has a portion of the StarScan tool software built into it. The ECU parameters (fuel maps, ignition control, other performance involved settings) are what the tuner guys are locked out of from what I gather, which resides in a different portion of the ECU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-06-2012, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Ding ding ding! The ProCal has a portion of the StarScan tool software built into it. The ECU parameters (fuel maps, ignition control, other performance involved settings) are what the tuner guys are locked out of from what I gather, which resides in a different portion of the ECU.
True, but if they at least released gear/tire size functionality as well as some of the other features the Procal does. Then people could at least use the Superchips Flashpaq until the performance end catches up.

Right now it's a paperweight.

-Brett
"The Smurf":

Previous Jeeps:

post #5 of 8 Old 01-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Wheeler

Send to China they can proablely figure it out. I've been waiting for SC to come up with something since 10/10 and still nothing. NOT happy with their product.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-08-2012, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I'm sorry you've been waiting so long. It looks like they just extended it EVEN LONGER!

-Brett
"The Smurf":

Previous Jeeps:

post #7 of 8 Old 01-08-2012, 04:12 PM
JKowners Vendor

We figured out a way around the problem

your offroad connection to the best southern off road Jeep parts in Alabama
post #8 of 8 Old 01-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Rock God

SC will not release the Flashpaq for use with the 2011-12 until its fully functional.
Would you buy a tuner for $300+ that can't tune?
That and the fact that they would be up for a lawsuit if someone bought one thinking it could do all the stuff listed on the box and find out all it can do tire size and gears.
My suggestion is to buy a ProCal for now then once Diablo and SC crack the code switch up.

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.

Last edited by jtphoto JK; 01-08-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode