2012 - Love it! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-05-2012, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
2012 - Love it!

So I traded the 09 2 door in for a 2012 4 door last week. All I can say is they did a damn good job with the new ones. Mines a 4 door sport, with some extras.

I picked it up on Friday and road tripped down to Tampa for the Outback Bowl (don't want to talk about it), and it far exceeded my expectations. Maintained a speed of 80-90 most of the way down and the new soft top is quiet. Even my passengers couldnt believe it. The functionality of the top is great, far exceeding what I was used to with the 09. Say what you want to about the pussification of the interiors, but I love it. I touch stuff and it doesnt seem like it wants to fall apart. Everything feels like it's built to last. The uconnect/usb connections/voice controls kick ass, as do the steering wheel controls (just keep those tops on when it rains!).

Now on to the pentastar - holy crap. better mileage, more power. I don't really think I need to go on much more than that. I can go to pass people doing 70+ with ease.

Also, moving from the 2 door to the 4 door makes the jeep so much more practical. I can carry people around without having them break their back trying to get into the back seat, and theyre actually comfortable when theyre back there. I also have plenty of space for all the crap those passengers bring. For so long I bitched about 4 door jeeps and how theyre really not jeeps, but if your Jeep is your DD, a 4 door just can't be beat.

Overall I'm extremely pleased and definitely recommend upgrading if you can.

It's bone stock right now, and will be for a while. Want to get some payments under my belt before I start replacing parts that were put on it less than a month ago (december 2011 manufacture date).

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.

Last edited by pizzaman; 10-11-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Rock God

Garage

Nice..keep us posted when you start the mods..

a.k.a. Christian - 2011 Black Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
37" MTRK, RK 3.5 X-Factor (3-Link Rear) and other stuff..
Owner/Manager -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and other Web Properties

post #3 of 8 Old 01-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Coonasian

Garage

Niiiiiice! Glad to see you finally got it, good color too! Have fun and let us know when the mods begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Wheeler

Ah, one of my favorite people back when I was a LEO. Loved those speeders.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Sweet! More power must be nice

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #6 of 8 Old 01-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Granite Guru

She's a beaut!! Good luck!
post #7 of 8 Old 01-06-2012, 07:44 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sweet, Enjoy the build!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #8 of 8 Old 01-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post

Now on to the pentastar - holy crap. better mileage, more power. I don't really think I need to go on much more than that. I can go to pass people doing 70+ with ease.
But there are so many people unimpressed by the Pentastar.....

I love my 2012 and the new engine makes it worth the trade. Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode