CALLING ALL RK, Poly and TrailMaster VENDORS!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 01-05-2012, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

CALLING ALL RK, Poly and TrailMaster VENDORS!!

First thanks to everyone who has helped me in my lift research. I am going to pull the trigger and purchase my lift in the coming week or two and wanted to give a fair chance(and lets just be honest, save myself some cash) to all vendors to shoot me a price for my lift. I look forward to the build andd to show off the final product on here, and offfroad events for everyone!

I have narrowed it down to the three below. From everything I have been told/read I wont be sorry with any of these lifts. I believe all needed info to quote is in the pics but if not just PM me. Shipping will be to 92629.
Thanks again!
-Chris

RK 3.5" Kit

TrailMaster 4.5" Kit with Fox Shocks

Poly 4.5" Kit with a ton of option upgrades(noted in pic)

Last edited by strizzychris; 01-05-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 01-05-2012, 02:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Interesting use of modified tech but good luck with your purchase. Looks like some good choices.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #3 of 26 Old 01-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Seriously....Trail Master??

Poly & RK for the win.

Don't make us wenzel you.

/

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 01-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

BTW- moved to DISCUSSION.

Shouldn't be in TECH.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #5 of 26 Old 01-05-2012, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
BTW- moved to DISCUSSION.

Shouldn't be in TECH.

I figured I would get moved...and was gonna put it in discussion from the start but it doesnt get ass much foot traffic. oh well
post #6 of 26 Old 01-05-2012, 03:38 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by strizzychris View Post
I figured I would get moved...and was gonna put it in discussion from the start but it doesnt get ass much foot traffic. oh well
It'll be alright - people just hit "New Posts" most of the time and go wherever the action is.

You've got a couple of PM responses from me.

You can't go wrong with any of those IMO.

Marcus

post #7 of 26 Old 01-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Granite Guru

PM sent..thanks
Christian

a.k.a. Christian - 2011 Black Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
37" MTRK, RK 3.5 X-Factor (3-Link Rear) and other stuff..
Owner/Manager -
and other Web Properties

post #8 of 26 Old 01-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Rock God

Take a couple mins a send a few PMs or call the vendors. You can't expect them to all see this thread.
post #9 of 26 Old 01-05-2012, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloJeff View Post
Take a couple mins a send a few PMs or call the vendors. You can't expect them to all see this thread.
It would be hard to send a message to all 168 vendors on the site that I have no clue what each of them sell...and I dont expect anything from anyone...Just a thread

Last edited by strizzychris; 01-05-2012 at 05:18 PM.
post #10 of 26 Old 01-05-2012, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:

Poly & RK for the win.

/
I have heard really good stuff from Planman about his Trailmaster lift...Does anyone have a bad experience with this lift?
post #11 of 26 Old 01-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Rock God

Quote:
I have heard really good stuff from Planman about his Trailmaster lift...Does anyone have a bad experience with this lift?
It uses 2", 0.25" wall arms. (Poly uses 2", 0.25" arms.)

The flex joints are sourced from Rock Krawler.

It uses an independent rear 3 link with weld-on truss--a big advantage for less binding from articulation.

The weld-on rear lower control arm brackets and truss give a good amount of clearance compared to some other name brand companies. (i.e. Teraflex).

The Fox adjustable remote reservoir shocks are amazing.

It is very stable on the street and offroad.

All it really needs, in my opinion is a front drag link flip kit from Poly or RK.

Since they were initially released, the kit now include new rear swaybar links instead of relocation brackets.

So yes, it is a pretty good bang for the buck and much better than their old short arm JK kits.

post #12 of 26 Old 01-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Yea....most of the bad that I know of, relates to their older TJ kits, so...

And you can bet that if planman supports it, then it's truly been scrutinized. He will definitely NOT steer you wrong.

I just REALLY like the amount of customer support that RK and Poly have...not just here on JKO...but they do an incredible job keeping people happy and producing quality components and designs. I would still choose RK or Poly, but that's just me.

Good luck man.

post #13 of 26 Old 01-05-2012, 08:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

/
Can I laugh at this in general discussion?

Where does this more foot traffic myth come from anyway? Don't you know all our vendors have huge ears?

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #14 of 26 Old 01-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Can I laugh at this in general discussion?

I just had a brief flashback to that guy that wanted full sponsorship in exchange for nothing.

post #15 of 26 Old 01-05-2012, 08:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
I just had a brief flashback to that guy that wanted full sponsorship in exchange for nothing.
Me too!

I whore out free stuff as well. Any vendors that want me to take pictures of their long arm lift with some nice new 37s and put them on jko. Lmk, I'll even put your logo as my Facebook profile page. Foot traffic FTW!

Sent via paper airplane

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #16 of 26 Old 01-05-2012, 09:53 PM
lbh
Rock God

I have the poly lift and love it!

2007 JK
post #17 of 26 Old 01-06-2012, 02:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by planman View Post
It uses 2", 0.25" wall arms. (Poly uses 2", 0.25" arms.)

The flex joints are sourced from Rock Krawler.

It uses an independent rear 3 link with weld-on truss--a big advantage for less binding from articulation.

The weld-on rear lower control arm brackets and truss give a good amount of clearance compared to some other name brand companies. (i.e. Teraflex).

The Fox adjustable remote reservoir shocks are amazing.

It is very stable on the street and offroad.

All it really needs, in my opinion is a front drag link flip kit from Poly or RK.

Since they were initially released, the kit now include new rear swaybar links instead of relocation brackets.

So yes, it is a pretty good bang for the buck and much better than their old short arm JK kits.
This is exactly why TM is on my build list....Thanks for posting the additional info Planman...

/

post #18 of 26 Old 01-06-2012, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
Me too!

I whore out free stuff as well. Any vendors that want me to take pictures of their long arm lift with some nice new 37s and put them on jko. Lmk, I'll even put your logo as my Facebook profile page. Foot traffic FTW!

Sent via paper airplane
Shit I had no clue I could whore myself out for free shit! I just wanted a reasonable price quote/offer! Ill go ahead and take my pants off and see what that nets me! Thanks for the advice!
post #19 of 26 Old 01-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:

Poly & RK for the win.

/

What's wrong with Trail Master ??

I have the same kit in my Jeep and I wheel the piss out of it and it performs wonderfully on road... in fact I have ridden with a bunch of people on this forum and they all agree... I got rid of my terraflex lift and I think this rides better, is at a better price point by a long shot, and is a far more complete kit...

So lets hear the horror story you have with them, I would love to know.

My only complaint thus far is that the sway bar disconnects ceased up where the pin is removed... I kinda gotta blame that on me for not ever taken care of them and let them sit for a long long time with out any use at all (use the e-disco anyway).

Other then that I would love to hear why you have such a negative opinion...

09 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, Black

- 5" Trailmaster full Flexarm kit
- F/R Driveshafts
- 35x12.5x18 Nitto MudGrapplers
- 18x9 XD Rockstars w/ cut center caps
- Smittybilt XRC Rear bumper + carrier
- SuperChips Programmer
- MBRP Exhaust
- K&N Air Filter
- Eclipse AVN5435 DVD Nav
- Bestop Drivers Seat Lock Box
- Stubby Stock Front bumper
- JKS Quicker Disconnects (in case e-disco fails)
- B&M transmission cooler
post #20 of 26 Old 01-06-2012, 08:13 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2Times View Post
Other then that I would love to hear why you have such a negative opinion...
Stub's not here right now, leave a message at the beep and he'll get back to you ASAP

In the mean time please see post 11 and 12 for your answers.

Quote:
post #21 of 26 Old 01-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Garage

Project Double D's had a 4" TM kit with their supplied drive line. My only complaint was the supplied shocks.. SST shocks I think. They were crap... But if you upgrade to different shocks it is hard to overlook the TM kit for the price.

Edit: I wasn't a fan of the disconnects either.. When discoed the bottom of the link would pack full of mud and dirt. This is easily solved with a different set of discos if you want.
post #22 of 26 Old 01-06-2012, 12:10 PM
JKowners Vendor

PM sent

Road///Race Motorsports (562)906-0080 10am-5pm PST Toll Free Order Line 855-891-1898

or our
post #23 of 26 Old 01-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Rock God

Garage

figured it out, that 35054 is really the XFLA4..that pic is missing the High Steer that has been added this year (I think).. http://rockkrawler.com/pages/catalog...p?r_itemID=129

a.k.a. Christian - 2011 Black Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
37" MTRK, RK 3.5 X-Factor (3-Link Rear) and other stuff..
Owner/Manager -
and other Web Properties

post #24 of 26 Old 01-07-2012, 03:07 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by artayay View Post
figured it out, that 35054 is really the XFLA4..that pic is missing the High Steer that has been added this year (I think).. http://rockkrawler.com/pages/catalog...p?r_itemID=129
Yep! They just haven't updated the site. Like this guy right here. (me) Lol!

post #25 of 26 Old 01-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Granite Guru

I know it's not the long arm kit (mid flex) 3.5 RK has an amazing ride and has done everything I have asked of it off road as well

88 Ford kingpin D60 front axle(35 spline inners and outter Eaton E locker 5.38 gears)
14 bolt rear axle
37/13.50 Mud Grapplers
Thx JKO for the build help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode