Fueling issue - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-04-2012, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Fueling issue

Let me preface this by saying that I am sure I will be getting many technical terms wrong.

When I refuel (buy gas), I cannot dispense more than .250 gallons at a time without getting that annoying clicl/stoppage of the fuel pump as if the tank is full. HAs anyone else experienced?

2008 Unlimited, 2" Basic lift from Rusty's, JK quick disconnects,
Firestone MT 285 75 16 mounted to
Cragar Soft 8's 16x8 w/5" backspacing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-04-2012, 02:28 AM
Granite Guru

I get this all the time and it really pisses me off.

08 Detonator Yellow Rubicon-RE Arms-37" Mt/R's with Kevlar-Riddler Diff Cover-LoD stubby with Stinger-LoD stubby tire carrier-Warn M8000 Winch-Rigid D2's-20" Rigid Light Bar-SPOD-PS Rocker Knockers-PS Body Armor-5.13s-hydro assist-RCV shafts-IPF-Corbeau LG1 seats-12" King coilovers-AEV Hood-AEV Snorkel-5.7L VVT Hemi-AEV hemi Install Kit-4.5" AEV Springs-ProRock 44-AlloyUSA Rear shafts-Spyntech Hubs-Raceline Monters-
post #3 of 11 Old 01-04-2012, 03:05 AM
Rock God

Does it happen at any gas station that you try? I've noticed that some of the stations in my area do this.
Most likely there's something wrong with your evap canister. When I relocated mine to over my rear axle one of the hard plastic lines got kinked. When ever I would go to fill up the fumes would build up in the fill tube and cause the fuel pump to shut off.
Take a look at you evap canister and all the tubing that goes to your fuel tank, make sure that none of it is cracked.
By any chance do you get the "gas cap" message on your dash whenever you start your Jeep?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-04-2012, 10:13 PM
lbh
Rock God

Check for the recall. Mine did this and always pissed me off, not to mention burped fuel. I received a recall, something about the valve, but to replace the valve they needed to replace the entire tank! Had the recall done and have no issues since. I have a 2007.

2007 JK
post #5 of 11 Old 01-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Rock God

I get the same thing. I have to refuel very VERY slowly for about 5 gal. Then I can usually bump it up a little. It's always "fun" trying to find the right balance to keep the pump to stopping

I got the recall to replace the entire tank... but since my skid is beat to sh!t they wanna change me for a new skid too. They won't wrestle with it to try to get it back on.

08 Unlimited: Lift, Wheels, Tires, Winch ... and an ever shrinking bank account
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 Old 01-05-2012, 11:31 PM
lbh
Rock God

Is that really an option for them on a recall?

2007 JK
post #7 of 11 Old 01-07-2012, 05:30 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyguy View Post
I get this all the time and it really pisses me off.
Mine did that and had the fuel spillage. Chrystler is replacing mine today!!! Have you tried that Sean?

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 11 Old 01-07-2012, 05:51 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Jk View Post
Mine did that and had the fuel spillage. Chrystler is replacing mine today!!! Have you tried that Sean?
Well trying to get Lithia Jeep here in FOCO to do anything is like pulling teeth so Im going to try another stealership soon

08 Detonator Yellow Rubicon-RE Arms-37" Mt/R's with Kevlar-Riddler Diff Cover-LoD stubby with Stinger-LoD stubby tire carrier-Warn M8000 Winch-Rigid D2's-20" Rigid Light Bar-SPOD-PS Rocker Knockers-PS Body Armor-5.13s-hydro assist-RCV shafts-IPF-Corbeau LG1 seats-12" King coilovers-AEV Hood-AEV Snorkel-5.7L VVT Hemi-AEV hemi Install Kit-4.5" AEV Springs-ProRock 44-AlloyUSA Rear shafts-Spyntech Hubs-Raceline Monters-
post #9 of 11 Old 01-07-2012, 05:57 AM
Granite Guru

Mine would over glow all the time I let the dealer look at it they said there was a recall on the tank, all good now.Hope you find the problem soon

BUY AMERICAN MADE STUFF THE JOB YOU SAVE MIGHT BE YOUR OWN

AEV 4.5 Lift , Black Rock rims with 35''Goodyear MT/R , Viair compressor , 2 ARB's , 5.13 gears and RCV front axle.
post #10 of 11 Old 01-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Granite Guru

I have a 2010 and mine doesn't do it.
post #11 of 11 Old 01-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyguy View Post
Well trying to get Lithia Jeep here in FOCO to do anything is like pulling teeth so Im going to try another stealership soon
I'd try John elway jeep in greeley, it's right off hwy 34. But first, I'd call jeep and create a case. They will contact the dealer and get every thing worked out.

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode