Whats a Fair Price for a JK with AEV Conversion? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 Old 01-04-2012, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Whats a Fair Price for a JK with AEV Conversion?

I'm looking at a couple 2010 JK Unlimited's AEV Conversions both are Rubicon's with under 20k miles and leather. The only differences in most are the extra little mods done. They all have the 3.5" Premium Suspension and AEV front and rear bumpers with winch. Was wondering what a fair price on these would be? Sorta new to the JK models had a TJ and sold it to upgrade to a JK Unlimited.

I don't know what the additional AEV mods are worth KBB on the Jeeps is around 34,500 with mileage and Rubicon package. Doesn't allow you to add the AEV mods. Talked to AEV and they said they just sold a used Rubicon with AEV mods with 22,000 miles on it for 39,000 in October. I've found 2 other ones for around 35,000 so seems to me these are worth roughly mid 30's depending on condition and miles and maybe a few other mods? Appreciate any help and look forward to spending more time on the forum after purchasing my JK AEV Unlimited. Thanks.

Also another option would be to purchase a 2012 COD and just mod a few things. Priced one out and loaded it's right around 45,000 MSRP

Here's one I'm looking at but hate to go to AZ to purchase.
http://forum.aev-conversions.com/showthread.php?t=3308
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 01-04-2012, 03:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Probably about a $4000 premium.

That dealer is on here under the name jdemonto (iirc) and he would probably ship it to you. Stand up guy, he'll do right by you no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #3 of 51 Old 01-04-2012, 04:56 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
I'm looking at a couple 2010 JK Unlimited's AEV Conversions both are Rubicon's with under 20k miles and leather. The only differences in most are the extra little mods done. They all have the 3.5" Premium Suspension and AEV front and rear bumpers with winch. Was wondering what a fair price on these would be? Sorta new to the JK models had a TJ and sold it to upgrade to a JK Unlimited.

I don't know what the additional AEV mods are worth KBB on the Jeeps is around 34,500 with mileage and Rubicon package. Doesn't allow you to add the AEV mods. Talked to AEV and they said they just sold a used Rubicon with AEV mods with 22,000 miles on it for 39,000 in October. I've found 2 other ones for around 35,000 so seems to me these are worth roughly mid 30's depending on condition and miles and maybe a few other mods? Appreciate any help and look forward to spending more time on the forum after purchasing my JK AEV Unlimited. Thanks.

Also another option would be to purchase a 2012 COD and just mod a few things. Priced one out and loaded it's right around 45,000 MSRP

That one is not a hemi conversion according to the info in the add......just has some AEV stuff on it. Says 3.8 motor?

Courtesy of Hit - "You should only fuck the fuckable.. to fuck the unfuckable or to un-fuck the fuckable is like crossing streams in Ghost Busters"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 Old 01-04-2012, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I'm definately not looking for a hemi conversion. Just trying to find out what the market is for the AEV package without the hemi.
post #5 of 51 Old 01-04-2012, 09:57 AM
JKO Addict!

I wouldn't pay that much extra just for bumpers and a 3 1/2 lift. Be cheaper to buy a stocker and build it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
now just kicking it as a civilian
I served so your lazy ass didnt have to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 51 Old 01-04-2012, 10:35 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECHAD View Post
I wouldn't pay that much extra just for bumpers and a 3 1/2 lift. Be cheaper to buy a stocker and build it

fuck no. especially for that shitty lift.

you can believe the hype and spend 40 grand on a 2010 with the old interior with the old motor and the old transmission....

or you can probably get into a nice '12 rubi for mid to upper 30's. i looked at one with a hard top, infinity, rubicon, automatic with a few other small options for 35,500 after negotiating. that'll have the new motor, new trans, and new sexy interior.

it wasn't a COD... but the COD is all for looks anyway...

just my .02.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #7 of 51 Old 01-04-2012, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
fuck no. especially for that shitty lift.

you can believe the hype and spend 40 grand on a 2010 with the old interior with the old motor and the old transmission....

or you can probably get into a nice '12 rubi for mid to upper 30's. i looked at one with a hard top, infinity, rubicon, automatic with a few other small options for 35,500 after negotiating. that'll have the new motor, new trans, and new sexy interior.

it wasn't a COD... but the COD is all for looks anyway...

just my .02.
Where u finding 2012's rubicons loaded for that kind of money?

I've also heard they're offering the UNLIMITED warranty again for 1200.00 extra

Posted from my iPhone
post #8 of 51 Old 01-04-2012, 06:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECHAD View Post

Dude your new signiture is super

Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #9 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 02:06 AM
Rock God

Garage
No Doubt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootherride View Post

I was getting rather tired of looking at a big dick in the corner of his posts... That sig... you do get around now don't you... How many bars on your sleeve?

Now I get to see my future Jeep! That's AWESOME!

Forrest Grumpy
: "Life is like a box of dark chocolates. You never know what your going to get. But when you do, you find you don't like it anyway! "
JK's Rule! 2007 Sahara Hesco Supercharged ~TOYO M/T 35's ~ FabFours ~ 3" Teraflex Premium Shorty Lift~ ...

Last edited by ezfriday; 01-05-2012 at 02:11 AM.
post #10 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Rock God

Garage
Don't like it at all!

Quote:

No offense... but I think that AEV is a pretty barbie doll Jeep... I made some mistakes buying my rig and personally I think buying that rig would be a mistake.

I have no affiliation with any of the conversion groups out there so I have nothing to gain... but I recommend looking into the Diesel Bruiser at http://dieselbruiser.com/offroad.php

or if Diesel doesn't interest you I would contact Joe or Chris at Hauk Designs at http://haukdesigns.com/models/rock.html

They do both the Diesel conversions and others... He also might have ppl looking to trade in their 07+ JK's who are looking to build up a new 2012... you could get a hell of a rig for a decent price with the new 2012 out... They also have a few of their recent promo models up for sale...

Good luck!

Forrest Grumpy
: "Life is like a box of dark chocolates. You never know what your going to get. But when you do, you find you don't like it anyway! "
JK's Rule! 2007 Sahara Hesco Supercharged ~TOYO M/T 35's ~ FabFours ~ 3" Teraflex Premium Shorty Lift~ ...
post #11 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 03:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Where u finding 2012's rubicons loaded for that kind of money?

I've also heard they're offering the UNLIMITED warranty again for 1200.00 extra

Posted from my iPhone
The shitty dealer up the road. Also if you're close to idem onto have him price a new 2012.

The one I looked at was a hard top, auto, flame red, ac, power windows and stuff with infinity stereo.

I agree with above. That jeep isn't that impressive. Lots of show and no go

post #12 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 06:44 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootherride View Post
your just jealous..that poor little black jeep getting no attention. You spend more on the new girl then the little black one that has stuck with you ...lol

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
now just kicking it as a civilian
I served so your lazy ass didnt have to
post #13 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Wink

I have to say I completely disagree with most of the posts here. A lot of what AEV offers best on road ride and handling and their kits are great for moderate trails.

The OP may not be as hardcore as some of you guys, been there done that $300 shop bill after every trip got old quickly! The customer selling this Jeep is trama surgeon that also is involved in search and rescue. The Jeep does not get wheeled very hard at all. Most of my customers are looking to use the Jeep on long trips and drive home without having to tow a jeep around behind a truck. That's where AEV shines!

A lot of what we did to this Jeep can be ordered on a new 2012 for about $42K+Aev accessories. I have these built all the time $51-55K depending on whether we do LED lights and a hood. So $35K is a steal for this particular Jeep!

Here's some photos of our recent trip last Sunday on Upper Wood Pecker in Florence,Az......

Most of the Jeeps were sporting AEV 3.5" lifts as all these folks are customers and my friends.

http://www.meetup.com/JpTrails/photos/5179022/#83052392

"Fire Hole"

BTW Ryan you would love to wheel your TJ in Florence as there are some wicked hardcore trails there!

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #14 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 09:56 AM
JKO Addict!

man i guess... i just don't see it. it has a nice winch, decent wheels, poopy tires, and some fancy leather and paint...

i look at it this way... here's the auction report

12/06/11 GEORGIA Regular $22,800 20,695 Avg ORANGE 6G 6 Yes
12/07/11 CALIFORN Regular $29,000 12,981 Above BLACK 6G A No
12/08/11 OMAHA Regular $26,400 19,357 Above WHITE 6G A Yes
12/13/11 BALTWASH Regular $25,100 22,649 Avg Green NON A Yes
12/14/11 NEWORLNS Regular $24,500 10,045 Avg WHITE 6G A Yes
12/14/11 DALLAS Regular $24,500 16,949 Avg BLACP 6G 6 Yes
12/14/11 DALLAS Regular $22,100 8,838 Below BLACK 6G 6 Yes
12/15/11 TX HOBBY Regular $26,000 21,975 Above SILVER 6G A Yes
12/15/11 PHILLY Factory $22,200 22,917 Below BLUE 6G 6 Yes
12/15/11 OMAHA Regular $25,400 18,305 Avg RED 6G A Yes
12/20/11 OHIO Regular $23,500 18,926 Avg MAROON 6G M Yes
12/21/11 MINNEAP Regular $24,800 13,870 Avg RED 6G A Yes
12/27/11 NEWENGLD Lease $23,000 11,268 Avg BLUE 6G O Yes

2011 Manheim. All rights reserved

you're mid 20's all day for a 2010 rubi. i'd save the 10 grand and build it the right way... or at least MY way before i'd pay him that.

these aev guys really need a reality check.

post #15 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

What I'm seeing in the Jeep market is the same thing I'm seeing in all other recreational markets. Economy has killed the bling value people are willing to pay for something. People are watching they're money more rather than just going out and paying for something just because they like it. More thrift shopping. I had a TJ and lifted it put nice wheels on it added a stereo system to it, but bottomline is it still only brought the same money when I sold it as a stock TJ all come with wheels,tires, suspension and bumpers.

A realestate agent told me once when I was selling a home if you put expensive fixtures in the home go buy cheap ones and replace them prior to listing because someone isn't going to pay for them and most likely will change them regardless. Sorta plays into most things nowdays.

KBB for a 2010 Rubi with most options and low miles is around 34k this includes NAV,dual tops and leather including custom bumper, grill guard, winch and oversized tires premium wheels. Trade in value on these is 29500-31000 depending on options. Sadly people won't pay what these options cost new. And people selling seem to think they should be valued at new. It's the market and economy.

That is a nice Jeep just not a red fan, but for the price I might be able to overlook it.
post #16 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Rock God

Garage

2K2... So tell us more about how you feel about AEV lifts.

OP; BTW. I agree with buying a 2012 if you are looking to spend 35 grand. No way would I spend 35k on a used 2 year old Jeep no matter what add ons it had!

"Sweet ain't as sweet without the sour"
post #17 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
What I'm seeing in the Jeep market is the same thing I'm seeing in all other recreational markets. Economy has killed the bling value people are willing to pay for something. People are watching they're money more rather than just going out and paying for something just because they like it. More thrift shopping. I had a TJ and lifted it put nice wheels on it added a stereo system to it, but bottomline is it still only brought the same money when I sold it as a stock TJ all come with wheels,tires, suspension and bumpers.

A realestate agent told me once when I was selling a home if you put expensive fixtures in the home go buy cheap ones and replace them prior to listing because someone isn't going to pay for them and most likely will change them regardless. Sorta plays into most things nowdays.

KBB for a 2010 Rubi with most options and low miles is around 34k this includes NAV,dual tops and leather including custom bumper, grill guard, winch and oversized tires premium wheels. Trade in value on these is 29500-31000 depending on options. Sadly people won't pay what these options cost new. And people selling seem to think they should be valued at new. It's the market and economy.

That is a nice Jeep just not a red fan, but for the price I might be able to overlook it.
I'll sell you my 2010 for 34k! It's loaded with 3" lift, ARB bumper, winch, and a bunch of other shit! Perfect condition. I'll even deliver it!

"Sweet ain't as sweet without the sour"
post #18 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 10:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

KBB value + 10% of the aftermarket parts value.....that seems to be the norm in private sale.

so lets say the Jeep is worth 30,000 and you've got 10,000 in aftermarket parts on it...... 31,000. See how simple that is?
post #19 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 10:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

KBB doesn't really apply to most things. How often do dealers give you KBB trade in on your vehicle?

the go by black book numbers. Like the auction report that i posted above. I usually try to get a vehicle for a few grand above auction (in all fairness they have to pay auction fees and then run it through their lot, and there still has to be some meat left on the bone for them).

but 35k... i can't see spending 10k more... i guess if it's EXACTLY what you want...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUJeep View Post
2K2... So tell us more about how you feel about AEV lifts.

OP; BTW. I agree with buying a 2012 if you are looking to spend 35 grand. No way would I spend 35k on a used 2 year old Jeep no matter what add ons it had!
lol, i fucking hate that lift. AEV blinged jeeps are so the ricers of the JEEP world... i'm sorry, they just are.

post #20 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

In our part of the woods Jeeps sell for retail all day long esp a 2010 rubicon 4dr with super low miles. Auction reports mean nothing down here!

Jason

Quote:
man i guess... i just don't see it. it has a nice winch, decent wheels, poopy tires, and some fancy leather and paint...

you're mid 20's all day for a 2010 rubi. i'd save the 10 grand and build it the right way... or at least MY way before i'd pay him that.

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #21 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

For those of you that have not seen our work

www.airparkunderground.com

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #22 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 11:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
In our part of the woods Jeeps sell for retail all day long esp a 2010 rubicon 4dr with super low miles. Auction reports mean nothing down here!

Jason
this guy is from michigan... you know where i've got my best deals on motorcycles, jeeps, and other "toys"? yup, just outside and around detroit.

post #23 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yea funny I can't find any good deals at this point. I'm starting to think 2012 Rubi is the direction I need to go.

Posted from my iPhone
post #24 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:

Are these Unlimited Rubi's cause I have access to Manheim and I'm not seeing any Rubicon's. See alot of Sport's and Sahara's
post #25 of 51 Old 01-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Are these Unlimited Rubi's cause I have access to Manheim and I'm not seeing any Rubicon's. See alot of Sport's and Sahara's
I highly doubt your buying a 2010 Rubicon for those prices

jd

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode