Full Traction lifts? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 12-29-2011, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Full Traction lifts?

Any one running the Full Traction JK 2-door Wrangler 3" Premium Flex Suspension lift (FTS7123)?

Wanted to hear some reviews and other peoples take on the product!

Mike B

08' Jeep Wrangler
08' Dodge Avenger SXT (winter beater)
64' Plymouth Sport Fury(sold)
58' Triumph TR-3A(in 1,000,000 pieces)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 12-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Rock God

Garage

I would recommend you keep looking... I suppose someone will take the time to say why
There are a lot of good company's out there depending on what you want the jeep to perform like and what size tire you want to run.
Look into Rock Krawler their customer service is the best you will find and they have good quality JK lifts of all sizes.
OME makes a decent product.
AEV if you are looking for road manners but are not opposed to the brackets they use.
Tera flex makes an ok product and there customer support has gotten better over the years. Tera springs are softer and will settle more then RK so depends on what kind of ride you want.

Good luck on your search but I would steer clear of Full traction due to poor quality.
post #3 of 30 Old 12-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSIZE View Post
It's a well known fact that Full-Traction Suspension does not get much love here on JKO.

FWIW I'm Robert King and I work for Full-Traction Suspension, Hanson Offroad & PUREJEEP. So here let me point out a few new things here for you....

1. The bushing issue has been addressed. The 2.0 FTS suspensions now all use Clivite OEM rubber bushings at the frame side and a FK Kevlar lines heim at the axle side.
Fair statement about the bushings but one I have heard time and time again. Kind of like RE they had an amazing product for years and lost the bubble.
For some reason people have had problems with more then just bushings on full traction lifts. From my days running TJ's now in the JK's. Customer service is one thing but when your crap is broken all the time or driving poorly down the road you won't care. Maybe in the future much like RE but today they just don't offer the product that others do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 12-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Rock God

Garage

I say go for it Let us know what you think after you have it for a little while.
You should note that on the lift your looking at the pic shows that non of the 4 arms are adjustable... And the zirk looks like its in an amazing location so you can do the maintenance that is referenced. Who knows maybe FT got their act together all of a sudden and you will have an amazing lift for years to come.
post #5 of 30 Old 12-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I don't know much about the FT product line but I do know that they did very well in a published (JP or Petersons 4x4) suspension shootout a few years ago. Hell yeah we have some great suspension companies supporting this forum but all I'm saying is that I hope the OP checks them out. FT just might be a good choice for his application.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 30 Old 12-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Wheeler

Full Traction

Can't say much about their JK lifts but I ran their Premuim 4" on my TJ and I loved it. Beat on it real nice and good too. Only complaint about the lift was that when I first installed it I bought shitty shocks that were miserable. I threw some OME's under it and she rode great on and offroad!

A few notes
I purchased this lift in 2007
I remember waiting a pretty long time for it to get shipped
post #7 of 30 Old 12-29-2011, 11:57 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfrench View Post
Can't say much about their JK lifts but I ran their Premuim 4" on my TJ and I loved it. Beat on it real nice and good too. Only complaint about the lift was that when I first installed it I bought shitty shocks that were miserable. I threw some OME's under it and she rode great on and offroad!

A few notes
I purchased this lift in 2007
I remember waiting a pretty long time for it to get shipped
That's why I posted what I did above your post. Many of us (me included) are too quick to pitch the brand that we are running. And for the record, I love my RK suspension. But the fact is that there are several good brands out there. So FT had a rubber bushing issue once. A good company would sort that out and fix it. And it looks like that is just what they did.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #8 of 30 Old 12-30-2011, 12:44 AM
JKO Addict!

I find their crc link setup intriguing.

Sent from my cardboard box using Tapatalk

Greg
post #9 of 30 Old 12-30-2011, 04:02 AM
Wheeler

I just had a FT track bar delivered.

Their service was quick and top notch.

FWIW it is solid and well finished. The bushings look impressive - vulcanised rubber at one end and a heim joint at the other. Not quite as heavy a steel as the RK goods, but the ends look great and are on par.

I was aware of issues with their bushings a few years back but the company have committed to improving and I think they deserve a chance....
post #10 of 30 Old 12-30-2011, 04:40 AM
Granite Guru

I bought a 4" ultimate dlex arm lift from full traction..waiting to get them installed. It's a beefy kit..can't wait to get it on and test it out. I did alot of looking around before i decided to go with full traction..im sure i won't be disappointed
post #11 of 30 Old 12-30-2011, 06:36 AM
JKowners Vendor

Nice Post BK Nice to see you on here.

If you have any questions on Rock Krawler Suspension Products Please let us know.

All of our systems include high clearance lower control arms and rebuildable serviceable joints at the axle that are sealed for service free use for a few years...

Rock Krawler
post #12 of 30 Old 12-30-2011, 07:19 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
Nice Post BK Nice to see you on here.
Thank you JP

It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself.
post #13 of 30 Old 12-30-2011, 07:38 AM
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Garage

Quote:
Just for the record FTS no longer sells the FTS7123 kit.

We have replaced that kit with the 3.0" Jeep JK Premium Plus 0% Maintenance SRS System FTS7153 (2 Door) or FTS7154 (4 Door). I run this same kit on my JK. My JK just hit 75,500 miles this morning on the drive into work.
I run the 7154 kit on my JKU. I think it's fantastic. Excellent craftsmanship, quality components, powder coating was real good. I'd buy it again.
My only complaint (which I vocalized to FT already) was the work instructions really needed to be redone. Not intuitive, Pictures not referencing proper verbiage, that kind of a thing.
I only regret not getting the lower control arms. I'll be picking those up soon.

All in all though, I'd promote it.
post #14 of 30 Old 12-31-2011, 06:43 AM
Granite Guru

I do wish there were better instructions that came with my full traction lift..but there is a great write up for the 3" premium install with lots of picks and a great step by step online..it's on the jk forums website i believe..helped me decide imma do it myself and give it a go
post #15 of 30 Old 12-31-2011, 04:43 PM
Rock God

I initially ran a full traction 3" lift. Well it started as a 3" but within 6 months dropped down to 1". I'm running a stubby RR bumper and was running an M8000 winch. Possibly the lightest combo out there other than aluminum. I called FT customer service and got HUGE ATITUDE! Asking if I was an engineer and completely put me down. I'm no engineer but a coil loosing over 1/2 it's intended lift IS NOT NORMAL!!! I will never have another FT product again and will steer anyone considering it far, far away! If you want a product that doesn't last and shitty customer service to boot, then look no further.
post #16 of 30 Old 01-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Granite Guru

I've been running the 3" Ultimate lift for 68,000 miles. I've never had any issues with it, I do lube the links at every oil change. My bushings started making a lot of noise (a couple of them where in pretty bad shape) a couple thousand miles ago so I switched out the lower frame-side bushings with their new Clivite ones (fwiw, they are a real pain to push in). My only gripe, FT doesn't support (ie, make bushings for) the upper arms I have any more. They will sell them to me at a discount if I want to replace my arms with the newer ones -- the jury is still out on what I'll ultimately do. My front has sagged a little but I do have a 12,000 lb winch with a steel cable up front. The arms are beefy and mine have held up to some big rocks.

Oh yea, I run a front and rear Hanson bumper and PureJeep sliders -- they've all held up great.

2009 Silver Unlimited Rubicon -- Not really stock, anymore.
post #17 of 30 Old 01-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernmedic View Post
I initially ran a full traction 3" lift. Well it started as a 3" but within 6 months dropped down to 1". I'm running a stubby RR bumper and was running an M8000 winch. Possibly the lightest combo out there other than aluminum. I called FT customer service and got HUGE ATITUDE! Asking if I was an engineer and completely put me down. I'm no engineer but a coil loosing over 1/2 it's intended lift IS NOT NORMAL!!! I will never have another FT product again and will steer anyone considering it far, far away! If you want a product that doesn't last and shitty customer service to boot, then look no further.
I apologize for the bad service you have received. Over the last year we have changed our customer service dramatically. We are improving every day. We can not change the past but we can improve the future experiences with our company
Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKing View Post
I've been running the 3" Ultimate lift for 68,000 miles. I've never had any issues with it, I do lube the links at every oil change. My bushings started making a lot of noise (a couple of them where in pretty bad shape) a couple thousand miles ago so I switched out the lower frame-side bushings with their new Clivite ones (fwiw, they are a real pain to push in). My only gripe, FT doesn't support (ie, make bushings for) the upper arms I have any more. They will sell them to me at a discount if I want to replace my arms with the newer ones -- the jury is still out on what I'll ultimately do. My front has sagged a little but I do have a 12,000 lb winch with a steel cable up front. The arms are beefy and mine have held up to some big rocks.

Oh yea, I run a front and rear Hanson bumper and PureJeep sliders -- they've all held up great.
The trick with the Clevites is to use a H press. It makes the install very simple and quick.

We do offer replacement rebuild kits for your current arms. As well as the SRS Upgrade for your lift. The new control arms feature torsion rubber bushings, FK Chromoly heim joints. Both are maintenance and noise free.

If you have any questions please let us know

FTS
We changed the arm design completely. It now uses FK heim joints

Full-Traction Suspension

post #18 of 30 Old 01-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Rock God

I have one of the VERY first Full Traction 3" Ultimate lifts. All complaining aside. (I have done tons.....After I praised it tons and then got NO love in return) What do you suggest I do to fix my lift? My main concern are the front upper arms. I understand those arms have been completely changed from what I have now. My second concern is the CONSTANT squeeking. Please don't say grease it cuz it is greased reguraly.
New bushings all around? New front upper control arms?

post #19 of 30 Old 01-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Rock God

I recommend hitting the nearest trail and seeing what JK owners are running. Talk to them about their setups... that is where you'll find the best information and quality feedback.

Here on the board, you're going to get vendors trying to sell you their goods and followers complaining about the vendors they dislike...

Dirty Minion #6
post #20 of 30 Old 01-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_) View Post
I have one of the VERY first Full Traction 3" Ultimate lifts. All complaining aside. (I have done tons.....After I praised it tons and then got NO love in return) What do you suggest I do to fix my lift? My main concern are the front upper arms. I understand those arms have been completely changed from what I have now. My second concern is the CONSTANT squeeking. Please don't say grease it cuz it is greased reguraly.
New bushings all around? New front upper control arms?
Yeah... good luck there Clackster. I don't think FT has changed ownership, so at the heart, they're still the same asshats they were 3 years ago.

Dirty Minion #6
post #21 of 30 Old 01-04-2012, 09:58 AM
JKowners Vendor

If you can swap out the heims to nice rebuilable, spherical joints, that might solve your issues!

RK
post #22 of 30 Old 01-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton1999 View Post
Yeah... good luck there Clackster. I don't think FT has changed ownership, so at the heart, they're still the same asshats they were 3 years ago.
Do you own our products?

Full-Traction Suspension

post #23 of 30 Old 01-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Traction Suspension View Post
I apologize for the bad service you have received. Over the last year we have changed our customer service dramatically. We are improving every day. We can not change the past but we can improve the future experiences with our company

The trick with the Clevites is to use a H press. It makes the install very simple and quick.

We do offer replacement rebuild kits for your current arms. As well as the SRS Upgrade for your lift. The new control arms feature torsion rubber bushings, FK Chromoly heim joints. Both are maintenance and noise free.

If you have any questions please let us know

FTS
We changed the arm design completely. It now uses FK heim joints
Coming here in what you presumably knew would be chummed water is a HUGE step in the right direction.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #24 of 30 Old 01-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Our Yellow Star should be posted here shortly Hit .

I figure we have a long road ahead of us. But it is time to take the right steps in order to service our customers past and present.
Its a very good plan... You can have the best product in the world, but if your CS isnt up to par you are gonna get burned in effigy in the JKO town square.. ask me how I know.. lol

Good luck in the new year!

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #25 of 30 Old 01-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Traction Suspension View Post
that's what he is currently running.

Clackey you can rebuild these joints. When was the last time the spherical joint were tightened down? The old joints are designed to wear, retorque and go
My lift has been COMPLETELY removed, inspected, cleaned and reinstalled 4 times since I've owned it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode