2011 rubi unlimited trade in value! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 12-28-2011, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

2011 rubi unlimited trade in value!

My local dealer had me laughing today so I figured I'd share. Had to bring my wifes 2011 rubicon unlimited to the dealer for a recall (emmisions update) so being curious I asked what they would give me for her jk as a trade for the almost exact 2012 version of hers. The 2012 didn't have a hard top or 4.10s and listed for $36,555. Her jeep has 7200 miles, not a scratch on it and the only time off road has been on the beach to surf fish a few times. Her's listed for 37,500.
They graciously offered $25,000 for her's and said the sticker on the 2012 was firm. Nothing like $12,500 depriciation in 8mths!
We just laughed and told him the hemi conversion was looking like an even better option now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Rock God

Garage

bummer man. just traded my 09 2 door sahara in for a 2012 4 door sport. sticker when I got it was 28k almost 3 years ago, ended up paying around 26k before tax and tag. it had 37k miles, got 20k for it.

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #3 of 14 Old 12-28-2011, 04:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Ya... With the new motor out your 2011 is a tough sell.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 12-28-2011, 04:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foam-it View Post
My local dealer had me laughing today so I figured I'd share. Had to bring my wifes 2011 rubicon unlimited to the dealer for a recall (emmisions update) so being curious I asked what they would give me for her jk as a trade for the almost exact 2012 version of hers. The 2012 didn't have a hard top or 4.10s and listed for $36,555. Her jeep has 7200 miles, not a scratch on it and the only time off road has been on the beach to surf fish a few times. Her's listed for 37,500.
They graciously offered $25,000 for her's and said the sticker on the 2012 was firm. Nothing like $12,500 depriciation in 8mths!
We just laughed and told him the hemi conversion was looking like an even better option now!
What he didn't tell you is that there is a serious shortage of used vehicles right now, trucks and SUVs in particular. JKs bring a particular premium on the used market, so he'll do the "No Vaseline Howdy Do" on you at $25k, turn around and put a $32k retail price on it once it hits his used car inventory.
post #5 of 14 Old 12-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Your Jeep is worth way more than $25k BTW.....probably closer to $29-30K if its a loaded Rubicon 4dr

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #6 of 14 Old 12-29-2011, 06:47 AM
Wheeler

I just bought a 2012 last week, but the dealer had a new 11 Rubi on the lot and they were asking $33K. So I doubt that a used 11 will retail at $30.

The 11 had and ugly tan leather and they were having trouble getting it sold. Salesman said once people drive the 12, its hard to get them interested in the 11.
post #7 of 14 Old 12-29-2011, 06:59 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck714 View Post
I just bought a 2012 last week, but the dealer had a new 11 Rubi on the lot and they were asking $33K. So I doubt that a used 11 will retail at $30.

The 11 had and ugly tan leather and they were having trouble getting it sold. Salesman said once people drive the 12, its hard to get them interested in the 11.
That's exactly what happened to me.. after driving both I couldn't bring my self to buy an '11.

EX-Jersey
Crew

Find us at www.disconnectedoffroad.com
post #8 of 14 Old 12-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck714 View Post

X2...
Put an add on craigslist and sell it. Make sure to get enough to cover the money you would save on tax if you did a trade.
post #9 of 14 Old 12-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Rock God

Garage

I agree with Jason!

They are shorting you a bit.

Join Treadlightly too and take advantage of the 1% under invoice and no dealer fees. If these guys are looking to take you on a trade, they'll surely hit you for a $799-999 dealer fee.

Where are you located? Perhaps if you are near Jason it would be worth the trip.

Best of luck!
Steve

2011 Rubicon: Call of Duty - Black Ops JKU
|ACE Sliders & Fenders|XHD Bumpers|Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel|Trail Grappler 35s|Level 8 ZX|Teraflex Tire Carrier|sPOD|Smittybilt XRC10 Comp|Safari Straps|48" Hi-Lift|RIGID 50" E-series, 10" SR, D2s & Duallys|Poison Spider Mounts & Skids
Helicopter Pilot's Creed: If something hasn't happened yet, it's about to...

post #10 of 14 Old 12-29-2011, 10:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbee View Post
I agree with Jason!

Join Treadlightly too and take advantage of the 1% under invoice and no dealer fees. If these guys are looking to take you on a trade, they'll surely hit you for a $799-999 dealer fee.

Where are you located? Perhaps if you are near Jason it would be worth the trip.

Best of luck!
Steve
he beat EVERYONE when i called him on a price for a 4 door for my wife. it was shipping that killed it.

dude has damn good deals

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #11 of 14 Old 12-29-2011, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Were in Hockessin Delaware. AZ would be a heck of a road trip! We drove almost 2 hrs to a dealer in MD to buy the 2011 because he was the closest dealer showing an "online Discount " on the jeep dealer site. Had our 2011 with marked down to 30,700. Called to verify the price before we made the trip to make sure it wasn't one of the "30,700 after 5000 down scam" and was told that was the sale price. Of course when we got to the dealer he started adding to the price because we were not a currently leasing a chrysler, we weren't in the military etc etc which brought it back to the window sticker. After 5hrs of being pissed off we finally drove away with it. got it for 31000. What a PITA! I hate car dealers! (Jason you sound like the exception! wish you were closer)
post #12 of 14 Old 12-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foam-it View Post
Were in Hockessin Delaware. AZ would be a heck of a road trip! We drove almost 2 hrs to a dealer in MD to buy the 2011 because he was the closest dealer showing an "online Discount " on the jeep dealer site. Had our 2011 with marked down to 30,700. Called to verify the price before we made the trip to make sure it wasn't one of the "30,700 after 5000 down scam" and was told that was the sale price. Of course when we got to the dealer he started adding to the price because we were not a currently leasing a chrysler, we weren't in the military etc etc which brought it back to the window sticker. After 5hrs of being pissed off we finally drove away with it. got it for 31000. What a PITA! I hate car dealers! (Jason you sound like the exception! wish you were closer)
Yeah I understand having a trade-in makes the long distance deals a bit harder! I recently sold a motorcyle to a guy in New Zealand and a JK to a guy in Kansas. So the distance can seem far but with shipping it shortens that up a bit! Especially if your saving thousands over a local dealer that thinks he has you!

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #13 of 14 Old 12-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbee View Post
I agree with Jason!

Best of luck!
Steve
X2 this is what I paid for a 2012 that they had to ship from another dealer. Should be no reason you can't get this pricing anywhere.
post #14 of 14 Old 01-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Wheeler

i'm looking to buy a 2011 unlimited if anybody wants to sell one.

2007 JK Unlimited 6 speed supercharged
2011 JK Unlimited Auto Supercharged. looking to purchase. pm me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode