Okay, sooo.... I think I have made up my mind to get front bumper for my Jeep. It is time for it, I have already made a fair sized dent in one side of the bumper (Tree was totally in my way, its fault, not mine) and I also kind made a small hole in the front too (another dumb tree).
But I need some help picking out a bumper. I am slightly picky, and I really do want something good. Not total shit. But... my Jeep is turning into a mall crawler. I have not had the ability to take her and abuse her off road as much as she wants to. School (being a chem major really sucks all the time out of everything) and such are just getting in the way.
I am stuck on getting a stubby or no... I like them, they are cheaper than full length ones.
Here are my requirements for a bumper (that I need help picking out):
- Tight College Budget (~$600, prefer less, but you get what you pay for)
- Fog Light hole (I would like to keep them, cause if I don't, what the hell am I supposed to do with them?_
- Needs to look good/decent with the silver factory sahara flares.
- Prefer a place to mount another set of lights, but not a must.
- Must be able to mount a winch onto the bumper
Now, this thread is in relation to my old (2 day old) thread about what to get. I think some of you guys helped push me into the bumper direction. Here are some of the bumpers that I am looking at now... these are all still up in the air.
Olympic 4x4 Product
- I like this one, but I have a feeling its cheap... But my girlfriend does like it... cant figure out if thats good/bad?
HighRock 4x4 (Bestop)
HighRock 4x4 (Bestop)
- Like it... but its up there... (pricey). Also, it looks just, big? Idk, I like stubbys.
- I really kind of like this one, mainly because I can buy it and then add all the other good crap I need to it. This will probably be one I get because I can not find a-bunch of bad things about it. So... I'll more than likely get this one unless someone can convince me its crap, or show me a better one.
Body Armor 4x4
- Its big, but its nice. I love all the places to mount lights. And the price is nice, but I really do not like the "no fog lights" deal going on with it.
- This is the one I love, I have always wanted it... but... I do not thing
that it will look right on my Jeep. Think I might kill an old lady with it, or have issues parking.
- This one is much more clean, But I'm not sure if I like all the "Tubes"
and alas, no fog light holes.
Olympic 4x4 Products
- Eh, don't really hate this one, but defiantly don't love it.
So, what do you guys think? I mean I know that like a lot of you have bumpers on your Jeeps. If you like it... leave a pic and let me know why... or why you hate it. And vendors if you have anything you think would work, lemme know.
Thanks in advance!
2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Adams driveshaft, Teraflex SpeedBumps, Warn Winch and some other goodies...
Old shit needs fixed. Facts.
Shit run off-road needs fixed. Fact.
Old shit run off-road needs fixed more often yet. Fact.