Please school me on Antirock - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 Old 12-19-2011, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Please school me on Antirock

I was thinking of upgrading my front sway bar to an Antirock sway bar. Any Pros & Cons? Is the only way to get the most tire drop in the front to run disconnected? I have had some Teraflex ones and the JKS quick discos and it always seems to be a huge PITA when disconnecting then reconnecting again. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 Old 12-19-2011, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Hahah… Woops I meant Antirock…
post #3 of 52 Old 12-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Granite Guru

Running both frt and rear antirocks. There is some limiting of front articulation over completely disco'd but the off camber stability and no need to disconnect and reconnect are worth it. Just running front you get a little more roll than stock. Running frt and rear is ridiculous, IMO. Getting ready to ditch rear antirock for stock sway bar. May possibly go back to stock sway on front, depending on how it feels. As it sits now my wife will not drive it on the highway. Don't blame her either.

2008 Silver 4dr Rubi - 4.5" Rubicon Express Longarm, 37x13.5x17 Toyo M/T's, Dick Cepek DC-1(blk) 17x9, Prorock 44, ARB frt locker, RCV's (frt), Superior Chromoly Axle shafts (rear), Prosteer ball joints, 5.38 Yukon gears, RR Hydro-Assist, etc, etc, etc......
Wheeling Trips:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 52 Old 12-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I installed the front Antirock after using the TF disconnects for a while. It provides a positive feel off road instead of the spongy feel when I was totally disconnected. I think it feels more stable off-road vs. totally disconnected.

On road it is soft and there is more body roll. My wife hates it and does not like driving the Jeep on the street as much although she still drives it once in a while. I don't drive it like a sports car and I am used to it so I notice it but it does not bother me.

2K8 Rubicon SWB
4" Terraflex with uppers and lowers / MX6 shocks /37" BFG KM2's /17x9.5 4" BS Raceline Monster Beadlocks / Dynatrac Front housing / 4:88's / RCV Shafts /Superior Evolution Rear Shafts / Genright ALUM Front bumper and Fenders / LoD Rear with Racks / OffRoad Evo Sliders /Or-Fab Cage
post #5 of 52 Old 12-19-2011, 06:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Dual rate sway bar systems like Teraflex's or the Sway-Loc are better solutions for combination street & trail rigs IMHO. The Antirock works, however and shouldn't be dismissed if you're primarily interested in trail performance improvement.
post #6 of 52 Old 12-19-2011, 07:09 PM
V8 dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Dual rate sway bar systems like Teraflex's or the Sway-Loc are better solutions for combination street & trail rigs IMHO. The Antirock works, however and shouldn't be dismissed if you're primarily interested in trail performance improvement.
I have wondered which was better, but I don't see many of the Teraflex systems. But hell, around here I don't really see either system because they are damn expensive

Vandy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 Silver JKU
post #7 of 52 Old 12-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Granite Guru

Dual rates are definitely better and as suspected being better means more expensive.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2008 Silver 4dr Rubi - 4.5" Rubicon Express Longarm, 37x13.5x17 Toyo M/T's, Dick Cepek DC-1(blk) 17x9, Prorock 44, ARB frt locker, RCV's (frt), Superior Chromoly Axle shafts (rear), Prosteer ball joints, 5.38 Yukon gears, RR Hydro-Assist, etc, etc, etc......
Wheeling Trips:
post #8 of 52 Old 12-19-2011, 07:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Gives you the worst of both worlds IMO; Puts tires in the air instead of on the ground in the rocks, and not as effective as the factory swaybar on the road.

It only takes a couple minutes to disco, and your out of the Jeep airing down the tires anyway.
post #9 of 52 Old 12-20-2011, 05:24 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'm not a big "rock crawler" (we have one rock in Florida....and we all share it )

SO..... my first hand knowledge comes from the type of riding I typically do, which is trails with varying types of terrain that range from a little muddy with no rocks to extremely bumpy ("rocky") with tree stumps and all kinds of other shit to navigate up/around/over.

For what _I_ do, I love my Antirock and wouldn't trade it for anything.

It is a bit softer with more body roll on the road, but it doesn't bother me. I dig not having to disconnect or reconnect...I just go......

post #10 of 52 Old 12-20-2011, 06:51 AM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Im thinking of getting an antirock for the back. I always disco the front, but wouldnt mind more articulation in the back.

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #11 of 52 Old 12-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
Gives you the worst of both worlds IMO; Puts tires in the air instead of on the ground in the rocks, and not as effective as the factory swaybar on the road.

It only takes a couple minutes to disco, and your out of the Jeep airing down the tires anyway.
I would agree with this. Disconnecting my TF quick disco’s are not a PITA, only takes 60 seconds. I don’t know what the hubbub is about?!

If it limits articulation slightly and gives a spongy feel on the street, then worse of both worlds.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #12 of 52 Old 12-20-2011, 07:59 AM
Rock God

Don't have it because I can't afford it... but when your rock crawling, body roll or "bounce" is what is usually the tipping point that will put your JK on it's side. The Antirock prevents this, making your chances of rolling much less.

www.californiasurveillanceinvestigators.com
post #13 of 52 Old 12-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Granite Guru

I've got one installed on my junk and I can say that I like this thing alot. I have an 08 Rubi and I never did like the electric disco, always worked for me and had no problems but I'm kind of a Keep It Simple Stupid kinda guy. I will say that there is a little more body roll on the street but not much, drive your jeep like a jeep and not a sports car and you'll be fine. Hope this helps
post #14 of 52 Old 12-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post

I have AntiRocks front and rear.. and while I agree with you on this for some rigs I don't with big pigs like mine.

For a while I ran stock rear with the Rubi E-Disco in the front.. for Florida wheeling this is fine. When I went up north a few times and my trip to Moab my rig got way to sway happy when discoed.. you can see it in some of my videos. On more than one occasion I felt as if the body was going to pull me over sitting on top of 6" lift springs.. I felt like I was on top of a slinky sometimes.

But on road the factory setup was great.. it kept my rig steady with no feeling of excessive body roll.

I compromised and did the AntiRocks.. if I lose some droop I am ok with that for the gain in stability vs being completely discoed. The AntiRocks are definitley a little looser on the highway especially with the Hydro Assist steering.. but I did the bigger ram on my Hydro so that has alot to do with it as well. I have gotten use to it and it doesnt bother me much.. I just drove it for 6 hours in Oct. on the highway and it wasnt an issue.

I think the AntiRocks are a good solution if you have a big heavy rig and you feel a bit unstable off road... you can always completely disco from them as well if you want as well if you want some extra reach for a particular trail but I havent found that necessary yet.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #15 of 52 Old 12-20-2011, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Lots of good points to ponder... Anybody running a swayLOC?
post #16 of 52 Old 12-20-2011, 02:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've been running them front and rear for about a year and a half. I'm very pleased with them, especially off road. Body roll isn't too bad if you raise the roll center by raising your axle side track bar mounts.
post #17 of 52 Old 12-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

I love the anti rocks! I run one in the front hate to disco.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #18 of 52 Old 12-21-2011, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Thanks for the info and thoughts... I think I'm going to pick up the front antirock and leave the rear stock for the time being.
post #19 of 52 Old 12-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmguy75 View Post
Thanks for the info and thoughts... I think I'm going to pick up the front antirock and leave the rear stock for the time being.
I will have one for sale in January.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wheeling Trips:
post #20 of 52 Old 12-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Rock God

anyone here buy the aluminum version and wish they had the steel one instead?

curious if it is worth spending the extra $60 or so on aluminum. maybe for this particular part steel should be better?

2007 Wrangler X - Jeep Green, 4" lift, 4.88s, locked rear, custom bumper/fender/cage, rolling on 35s w/ 15s
post #21 of 52 Old 12-29-2011, 09:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE View Post
Im thinking of getting an antirock for the back. I always disco the front, but wouldnt mind more articulation in the back.
This is how mine is set up. I really like it.

I don't mind disco'ing the fronts with the quicker discos the rear is just plain a pain so Anti Rock is the way to go IMO.

post #22 of 52 Old 12-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Rock God

Garage

What about dual rate from sway bars like the Teraflex one? Anyone running those? What do you think of them? It would be nice if JKS would come out with the switchblade for the JK's.

07 X 2dr- 6spd

post #23 of 52 Old 12-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Granite Guru

I run Antirocks frnt an rear and aluminum on my jku rubi... I love em , we run em on all our jeeps even our 53 Willys wagon. The body roll isnt bad on the streets. Heck im a girl and I can cruise 80mph just fine. But then again im a rock krawler. Not a mall Crawler...
post #24 of 52 Old 12-29-2011, 10:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by radrubi View Post
I run Antirocks frnt an rear and aluminum on my jku rubi... I love em , we run em on all our jeeps even our 53 Willys wagon. The body roll isnt bad on the streets. Heck im a girl and I can cruise 80mph just fine. But then again im a rock krawler. Not a mall Crawler...
I love you.

Give my best to the crew and looking forward to more wheeling with you guys in 2012.
post #25 of 52 Old 12-30-2011, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by radrubi View Post
Well said...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode