Bragging on Teraflex - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 12-17-2011, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Bragging on Teraflex

Something I wanted to pass on re: our buddies at Terafledx. This past few weeks I've been doing some wintertime fine tuning stuff on the JK. Installed a set of SpeedBumps, adjusted front control arm lenghts, installed cam bolt eliminators on the upper rear arms, installed Polys rear control arm skid & shock mounts, etc. During the course of this I reminded myself to check all of the control arm joints for wear, as they've been on the rig for 21,000 miles by now. Was pleased to discover that every one of them was in perfect condition, no appreciable wear on any of them. This things been wheeled & driven all over. Great testimony to the quality of the TF stuff in real world use. Good show, guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 12-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Rock God

lucky you...mine were destroyed in a year and that's greasing them every 3k miles

2007 Wrangler
Rescue Green
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3.5" AEV Lift
37" GoodYear MTR
Pro Comp 7089's
Tom Woods Shafts F&R
OR Fab Tire Carrier
Shaffer Stinger
Bulldog Winch
Buschwacker Flat Flares
Poly Tie Rod
JKS Disco
post #3 of 16 Old 12-17-2011, 02:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Teraflex may not be the flavor of the month, but they will always stick around because they produce high-quality stuff and have great customer service. Teraflex may not be the trendiest choice, but they are never the wrong choice.

Vidi, vici, veni
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 12-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Granite Guru

I agree great service and you can never go wrong... Surprised to hear that someone had bushing issues after a year... I also wheel mine HARD and after 3 years still in great shape!

Currie RJIII ARB D60's, 5.13's | Trailready beadlocks on 41" Super Swampers | 6" Teraflex LCG | Custom cage | body armor | WARN HD Powerplant!
post #5 of 16 Old 12-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Rock God

Took my control arms apart after 1 year and the bushings are like new!
post #6 of 16 Old 12-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

< for Teraflex!

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #7 of 16 Old 12-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Wheeler

this is good to hear. been looking at a few of their lift kits, so this will reassure me on quality and that they have great customer service.
post #8 of 16 Old 12-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Granite Guru

they have great customer service. helped me out a few times.

Mike M

2013 2dr rubi
MC 2.5", Fox RR TF tuned shocks, TF carrier, Viair, TL's and so on...... still on stock tires
post #9 of 16 Old 12-19-2011, 09:18 AM
JKowners Vendor

Thank you! If anyone needs bushings, please let me know. I ran the same one's in my lowers for over 50,000 miles.

801-713-3314
post #10 of 16 Old 12-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Rock God

I changed a lower drivers side and upper passenger side on the front. 40,000kms, using differant grease now.
post #11 of 16 Old 12-19-2011, 09:43 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
< for Teraflex!
They get a few from us as well!

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #12 of 16 Old 12-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Rock God

Garage

Mine won't take grease and have a clunk. 3 lower arm joints. Replaced the grease fittings and still wont take grease. Anyone had that issue?

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
post #13 of 16 Old 12-20-2011, 08:15 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
Mine won't take grease and have a clunk. 3 lower arm joints. Replaced the grease fittings and still wont take grease. Anyone had that issue?
PM/email me yours address and I'll send some rebuild kits to you. For a temp fix, you could pull the zerk and run a small drill bit down to the metal pivot ball. The rebuild kits come with a new one,along with replacement bushings. Here's a video to show how to rebuild these.

TeraFlex FlexJoint Rebuild - YouTube

801-713-3314
post #14 of 16 Old 12-20-2011, 08:21 AM
Rock God

Those tools definately made the job easy once the control arms on the bench.
post #15 of 16 Old 12-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
they have great customer service. helped me out a few times.
X2. They have always been very helpful.

2007 Rubi Unlimited. Teraflex 2.5 lift + Fox shocks, Nitto Trail Grappler 35s on XD Addicts, 5.38s, Ten Factory rear shafts, Riddler diff covers, Purejeep front axle truss and Teraflex gussets, Tatton front driveline, Rugged Ridge Modular front bumper with XRC8 Comp winch, Superchips programmer, Volant intake, MBRP exhaust, Hella H4 headlight conversion, Body Armor "not so Extreme" Rock Rails, in-cab winch control,Best Top Trek Top.-Sold
post #16 of 16 Old 12-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Granite Guru

Thumbs up

I give them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode