ABS / ESC Lights (2012 JKUR) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 12-16-2011, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

ABS / ESC Lights (2012 JKUR)

Anyone else have this problem? The jeep just turned over 500 miles. The ABS along with the ESC trouble lights stay on. At first the lights would turn off after a drive of a few miles, but now they just stay on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-16-2011, 10:39 AM
JKO Addict!

500 miles??? Take it back to the dealer, hand them the keys and tell them to fix it!

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-16-2011, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yes I plan to. It is just trying to find the time. One dealer is an hour away and the other is two hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-19-2011, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yes, took it back and now waiting for a module.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Wheeler

abs

Well, mine just did it. I turned 5k and rotated the tires. about 400 miles later the abs and traction control light came on. the cruise control is locked out.
dto top it off my buddies and I were going to compare flex. but my swaybar disconnect wouldnt work. what the hell.

WARBIRD OFFROAD
Founded 2009
Kirkuk Regional Air Base, Iraq
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-16-2012, 04:21 PM

This problem just popped up on my JK last night on the way home. I have just turned over 2k miles and it hasn't even been offroad yet. I have searched and read about this issue on various forums and there seems to be a multitude of answers. I guess I will be making the trip back to the dealer. I have read on some forums that it could be caused by mud on a sensor! I guess what I can't understand is how something like this can be used on a JEEP! Really...mud? Come on...
Has there been any definitive resolution to this problem? All the posts I seem to find are March or April of 2012 at the latest.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Wheeler

Thumbs up

Well I did go to the dealer. They said I put larger tires on and that affected the computer. I told them that the rubicon comes stock with that tire. So that means that is was programmed wrong for the factory and that their tech is not familiar with Rubicons. I like how the service writer was saying it with such confidence. Til I schooled him. Maybe they were just trying to help my self confidence. Ha. Anyway. I have over 14000 on it. No more issues in that regard. I did have a bad swaybar motor to. That was changed at the same time.

WARBIRD OFFROAD
Founded 2009
Kirkuk Regional Air Base, Iraq
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 Old 09-18-2012, 07:50 PM

Went into the dealership today. The report says that "the wiring for the left front wheel speed sensor, main harness, was routed around a bolt on the differential causing wiring to break inside of insulation. Rerouted wiring and repaired broken wires." No problems now...no charge.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Granite Guru

My 07 did the same thing. Left wheel speed sensor and ABS pump low voltage codes came up. The weird thing is right be4 it came in my my sway bar was malfunctioning disconnected the battery for a bit then it worked again then 5 mins later while going up a hill I applied take then those lights came on. ABS BASEPS and EPS.

07 JKU rubicon Built, Turbo , 14"king coil overs ect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode